British Prime Minister Liz Truss/Kevin McCarthy Agenda

Started by HighStepper, Oct 20, 2022, 10:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HighStepper

Larry Kudlow, the Fox Business host and former Director of the National Economic Council under Trump. Kudlow claimed that British Prime Minister, Liz Truss, laid out a supply-side economic growth plan which looks a lot like the basic thrust of Kevin McCarthy's Commitment to America plan.

Truss has stepped down after 44 days in office, making her tenure as Prime Minister the shortest in British history. Her economic plan, which would have greatly benefitted England's wealthy, was upended when the new finance minister reversed nearly all of her planned tax cuts. As The New York Times reported, the move "swept away a free-market fiscal agenda that had plunged the country into economic and political turmoil." Link

Truss's rapid fall from power came after she introduced Trussonomics, a plan for massive tax cuts aimed at Britain's wealthiest, and then reversed course and apologized for all the economic turmoil the proposal created. Link

McCarthy told Politico that the four-point plan mirrors that of former GOP Speaker Newt Gingrich's "Contract to America" introduced in 1994. (Which turned out to be pretty much a bust.)

DNC Talking Points:
CLAIM: Kevin McCarthy claims that Republicans will "fix the economy."
FACT: Every single Republican in Congress voted against legislation to fight inflation and lower prescription drug costs for millions of Americans.

CLAIM: Kevin McCarthy claims that Republicans will "lower prices at the pump."
FACT: Every single House Republican voted against legislation to crack down on gas price gouging.

CLAIM: Kevin McCarthy claims that Republicans will "end our dependence on China."
FACT: 187 House Republicans sided with the Chinese Communist Party and voted against bringing American manufacturing jobs back home.

CLAIM: Kevin McCarthy claims that Republicans will "reduce crime."
FACT: Every single Republican in Congress attempted to block the American Rescue Plan, which has provided much-needed funding to local police forces.
Too much sex is still not enough.

Danno

Voodoo economics. Still wait for that trickle down.
Just tap me on the head if I overstay my welcome

Romanticlover

Are we having fun yet?

HighStepper

Quote from: Romanticlover on Oct 21, 2022, 11:55 AMFact: every city run by Democrats is a crime-ridden hellhole...

Cities that are run by Democrats is because the voters rather have Democrats than Republicans. Democracy is a bitch.

HighStepper

Republican-controlled states have higher murder rates than Democratic ones: study Link

I believe there are factors involved than just which party controls the jurisdiction.

Danno

Gun violence has surged in the state of Florida since Governor Ron DeSantis took office, with no signs of decreasing. Violent crimes involving firearms and gun-related homicides increased at least 20% each.

Quote from: Romanticlover on Oct 21, 2022, 11:55 AMClaim: Democrats will make cities safer
Fact: every city run by Democrats is a crime-ridden hellhole and cops are quitting in droves, companies are moving to red states

https://www.foxnews.com/us/st-louis-police-department-resignations-stack-up-leaders-sound-alarm-reaching-critical-mass

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/to-stop-urban-crime-and-disorder-read-hobbes/2022/10/17/63991532-4dd9-11ed-ada8-04e6e6bf8b19_story.html
Just tap me on the head if I overstay my welcome

Blkfyre

Quote from: Romanticlover on Oct 21, 2022, 11:55 AMClaim: Democrats will make cities safer
Fact: every city run by Democrats is a crime-ridden hellhole and cops are quitting in droves, companies are moving to red states

https://www.foxnews.com/us/st-louis-police-department-resignations-stack-up-leaders-sound-alarm-reaching-critical-mass

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/to-stop-urban-crime-and-disorder-read-hobbes/2022/10/17/63991532-4dd9-11ed-ada8-04e6e6bf8b19_story.html

Can you imagine the fact that, in your words, voters would rather live in a hell hole than live in a city/state run by Republicans?

That should make you think hmmm? That the majority (since that's how our Democracy works) say they have such little faith in Republicans to make things better?

Romanticlover

It's because they are stuck in the Democrat hellhole and can't afford to move.
Are we having fun yet?

HighStepper

Quote from: Romanticlover on Oct 23, 2022, 05:20 PMIt's because they are stuck in the Democrat hellhole and can't afford to move.

Yet they keep voting in Democratic leaders.

Repeat:  Republican-controlled states have higher murder rates.

Romanticlover

Here is the murder rate for US cities which I was referring to:

https://worldpopulationreview.com/us-city-rankings/cities-with-most-murders

Almost all of them have a Democrat mayor.
Are we having fun yet?

HighStepper

The article you referenced also pointed out that although murder rates in US cities are extremely high compared to other countries, some cities are experiencing their lowest numbers of murders in years. Newark, New Jersey had 72 murders in 2017, down from 94 in 2016. New York City's 300 murders in 2017 is the lowest number the city has had since the 1950s.

One can talk cities one can talk states. As I said before I believe there are factors involved than just which party controls the jurisdiction. The issue is more complex.

Rather than just looking at crime stats you might be interested in Quality of Life rankings.
https://www.numbeo.com/quality-of-life/rankings.jsp

Romanticlover

That chart is subjective, there's no way St Louis ranks higher than Sacramento.
Are we having fun yet?

HighStepper

Quote from: Romanticlover on Oct 23, 2022, 08:35 PMThat chart is subjective, there's no way St Louis ranks higher than Sacramento.

I would tend to agree with you. However, they do have the Kansas City Chiefs with Patrick Mahomes which beats having the Sacramento Kings.  ;D

I have not delved deeply in the various components that comprised the rankings.

You cannot view this attachment.

Romanticlover

The Chiefs are in KC, KC is nicer than St Louis. Any part of Missouri is nicer than St Louis.
St Louis had the Rams but they came back home to LA, St Louis had McDonnell Douglas but they left when Boeing bought them, they still have the Cardinal baseball team but they suck, they still have Anheuser Busch though and that stupid arch. lol
Are we having fun yet?

HighStepper

Quote from: Romanticlover on Oct 23, 2022, 09:05 PMThe Chiefs are in KC, KC is nicer than St Louis. Any part of Missouri is nicer than St Louis.
St Louis had the Rams but they came back home to LA, St Louis had McDonnell Douglas but they left when Boeing bought them, they still have the Cardinal baseball team but they suck, they still have Anheuser Busch though and that stupid arch. lol

You are right. Driving distance from Kansas City, MO to St. Louis, MO is 248 miles.
Numbed from today's football game. McCaffrey trade did not bring enough magic.

Kansas City, MO is ranked 30.