Make sure to vote tomorrow

Started by Blkfyre, Nov 07, 2022, 03:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blkfyre

Tomorrow is Election Day. If you haven't voted already, please take the time to research the candidates and then get in line tomorrow and cast your ballot. If you're in line when polls close, do not leave the line. As long as you are in line, you must be allowed to vote.

Don't let anyone tell you that your vote doesn't matter. Don't buy into the doom and gloom of propaganda or polls. Your vote can determine the kind of world that you, your children, your grandchildren, and future generations live in. The only way a red wave or a blue wave happens is if people actually vote. No matter where you are, some of our statewide races could go either way depending on who turns out to vote.

There is too much at stake to remain apathetic. Basic human rights are on the ballot. Democracy itself is on the ballot. From your local school board to the House and Senate, the future of the country is at stake.

For your own sake and that of your family, your friends, your neighbors, and even total strangers, please vote

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

thaikhan

Romanticlover

Our future is at stake: we can't have a certain party tell us what we can eat, what we can drive, force our kids to learn freaky shit in school, release violent convicts out of prison, let the homeless take over our neighborhoods, tax us to death, tell us inflation and high gas prices are transitory when their policies caused it.

"It's the economy stupid." - James Carville
Are we having fun yet?

bats

At least the Democrats will accept the election results if they lose. Today's Republicans? Fuck no. If they lose, they're going to bitch and moan about how it was all rigged against them.

bats

Quote from: Romanticlover on Nov 07, 2022, 06:37 PMOur future is at stake: we can't have a certain party tell us what we can eat, what we can drive, force our kids to learn freaky shit in school, release violent convicts out of prison, let the homeless take over our neighborhoods, tax us to death, tell us inflation and high gas prices are transitory when their policies caused it.
You've got all the right-wing talking points down pat. Congrats.

dogwalker

I voted a month ago.....lol.....by  mail in voting....as I have for at least the last 15 years....

dogwalker

When certain Republicans WIN do they ever claim the election was rigged?   Nope, never.
It only seems to be rigged when they lose......weird huh?
If it was rigged to make them win then ethically they should all concede a loss, resign, etc. since they weren't actually fairly elected. 
That's kind of what they want Democrats to do so to be fair they should do the same....

Romanticlover

Fetterman(D) in PA filed a lawsuit in Federal Court to allow undated mail-in ballots be counted even though the PA Supreme Court ruled they must have a date to be counted. Sounds like he is desperate to find votes.

If you forget to put a date on your ballot then it shouldn't be counted, just as if you forget to put a date on a check it can't be cashed.
Are we having fun yet?

Romanticlover

Quote from: bats on Nov 07, 2022, 09:47 PMYou've got all the right-wing talking points down pat. Congrats.

They are all true, especially here in CA.

The "threat to democracy" is a left-wing talking point and is just fear-mongering by Democrats because they are desperate, even the political experts are rolling their eyes at that comment.
Are we having fun yet?

Blkfyre

Quote from: Romanticlover on Nov 08, 2022, 06:44 AMThey are all true, especially here in CA.

The "threat to democracy" is a left-wing talking point and is just fear-mongering by Democrats because they are desperate, even the political experts are rolling their eyes at that comment.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Danno

I know I haven't been told to do any of those things. What country are you in? Freaky shit like telling the truth.
Quote from: Romanticlover on Nov 07, 2022, 06:37 PMOur future is at stake: we can't have a certain party tell us what we can eat, what we can drive, force our kids to learn freaky shit in school, release violent convicts out of prison, let the homeless take over our neighborhoods, tax us to death, tell us inflation and high gas prices are transitory when their policies caused it.

Just tap me on the head if I overstay my welcome

Danno

wasn't even close, Dr Oz can go back to Turkey

Quote from: Romanticlover on Nov 08, 2022, 05:45 AMFetterman(D) in PA filed a lawsuit in Federal Court to allow undated mail-in ballots be counted even though the PA Supreme Court ruled they must have a date to be counted. Sounds like he is desperate to find votes.

If you forget to put a date on your ballot then it shouldn't be counted, just as if you forget to put a date on a check it can't be cashed.

Danno

President Trump and congressional Republicans have repeatedly insisted that the top priority of their tax reform is delivering relief to the middle class. But under a significant change to the Senate's plan announced late Tuesday night, that relief for most people will now only be temporary, and millions of middle-class families could actually see a tax increase in 2026 if Congress doesn't act again.

Romanticlover

Looks like Republicans will retake the Senate and the House by a slim margin.
The real win for Republicans were in the governor races, Beta O'Rourke got his ass kicked for a third time in Texas.
Are we having fun yet?

Blkfyre

https://people.com/politics/trump-reportedly-livid-screaming-after-midterm-election-results/

Oh look, Trump having a tantrum and blaming everybody except his toxic self for people losing.

What a surprise...