Love of Trump - good for Democrats

Started by HighStepper, Dec 07, 2022, 02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HighStepper

People and political pundits predicted a "Red Wave" during the midterm elections. However, they did not take into account the Trump factor. Longstanding tradition shows the incumbent president loses the House and the Senate. Biden's favorability numbers were underwater, inflation, high gas prices, how could there not be a red wave?

Every single many candidates that Trump endorsed LOST.

First time since 1934 has the incumbent president, Franklin D. Roosevelt, NOT lost a single seat in the Senate. In the House of Representative Republicans won with a slim 4 member majority. While the love of Trump may be good for Democrats, it is not good for the country. There needs to be two functioning parties working together to solve the nation's problems. People want governance from the center, not the extreme left or extreme right.

Trump is a looser, but the MAGA faithful loves him anyway. The Republican leadership has been unwilling to tell the truth about Trump to the base. It is time for Republicans to rip off the band aid, take the pain from the base, redress the wound, and move on.

Too much sex is still not enough.

Danno

Now they are blaming it on the fact that people were told their vote didn't count so nobody voted. Gee wonder who told them that.
Just tap me on the head if I overstay my welcome

Romanticlover

Are we having fun yet?

HighStepper

Quote from: Romanticlover on Dec 07, 2022, 02:25 PMThat's not true, 82% won:

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/12/06/us/politics/trump-candidate-endorsement-georgia.html

I'm not endorsing Trump but simply stating facts.

Can't read the article because it requires a subscription.

Based on your post I modified my post. Thank you.

Trump's biggest midterm bets don't pay out. The former president wanted a big night celebration at Mar-a-Lago. He ended up with a new round of questions about whether he's the GOP's future. Link

Too much sex is still not enough.

Romanticlover

This is from the NYT article:

'Here's a recap of some key statistics from Mr. Trump's endorsement campaign this year:

82 percent: Mr. Trump endorsed more than 250 candidates, and his 82 percent success rate is, on the surface, impressive. But the vast majority of those endorsements were of incumbents and heavy favorites to win.

8-2, 6-2: The former president set out to replace the 10 House Republicans who supported his impeachment. During the primary season, eight either lost challenges or retired before facing voters, while two survived. Among the eight Trump-endorsed challengers, six won general election contests and two lost to Democrats.

0-5: In the 36 most competitive House races, as determined by Cook Political Report, Mr. Trump endorsed candidates in five contests. All five lost.

1-5: Mr. Trump spent heavily on behalf of other candidates for the first time, and the results weren't good. In the seven races across six states where Mr. Trump's super PAC spent money, last month he won one (Ohio Senate) and lost five (Arizona governor and Senate, Michigan governor, Nevada Senate, Pennsylvania Senate). Tuesday night he lost the sixth in Georgia.'
Are we having fun yet?

Danno

The only way they won the House is by Gerrymandering. Florida and Wisconsin drew some crazy lines.
Just tap me on the head if I overstay my welcome