Jan 6th Comte refers Trump to DOJ for criminal charges.

Started by Blkfyre, Dec 19, 2022, 03:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dogwalker

bats

Quote from: Bande on Dec 30, 2022, 11:55 PMImagine this..
Nancy needs to face charges..
Imagine being so gullible that you'd believe the baseless statements in this video and then proclaim that someone should face charges based on said video. How distorted can one's reality be?

Danno

Some people don't want to admit they have been duped
Just tap me on the head if I overstay my welcome

Romanticlover

There's a 50% chance the DOJ files charges against Trump.
If they do take him to court then what are the chances they get a conviction? Maybe 20%.

The Jan 6th committee was a dog and pony show from the beginning and most Americans lost interest early on. Some of the testimony was laughable hearsay, especially from the woman who claimed Trump grabbed the limo steering wheel when she wasn't even in the limo. lol
Are we having fun yet?

dogwalker

So perhaps a 10% chance Trump is charged and convicted.  Then what might be the penalty?  A monetary fine?  Home confinement?  I doubt he'd actually go to jail.  That would be unprecedented in America for a President although several governors and members of Congress have gone to jail (Rod Blagojevich-----8 years---until Trump pardoned him....lol).  Common in certain countries though.   This article about leaders jailed in other countries is somewhat interesting:  https://www.axios.com/2022/08/26/countries-where-former-leaders-jailed-charged    Check out the Central and South America maps....haha.

Danno

Only a dog and pony show to the idiot MAGA Crowd.
Just tap me on the head if I overstay my welcome

HighStepper

Quote from: Romanticlover on Dec 31, 2022, 10:51 AM... Some of the testimony was laughable hearsay, especially from the woman who claimed Trump grabbed the limo steering wheel when she wasn't even in the limo. lol
The term "hearsay" is one of those often heard but seldom understood by those who do not use evidence in their day to day professions.  It does not mean questionable evidence.  It does not even mean evidence you cannot use in court since quite often hearsay is allowed in a court of law. Link

• Cassidy Hutchinson was very clear that she was told this version of events, and that she was simply relating what she was told.
  • Federal rules of evidence do not apply to congressional proceedings. .  They also never apply to investigations, which is what the committee says it is conducting. When searching for reliable, admissible evidence hearsay is not only allowed but encouraged.
  • Cassidy Hutchinson was informed about what (allegedly) happened in the car only minutes later by Tony Ornato, who ran security at the White House. Ornato was not speaking idly. He was reporting what happened to a top aide (Hutchinson) of the White House chief of staff (Mark Meadows), Ornato's superior. What was reported to her could be collaborative evidence to other reports.
  • Cassidy Hutchinson, as an aide to White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows, relayed firsthand knowledge of conversations between Trump and top officials. i.e. Trump wanting to get rid of magnetometers outside his Ellipse rally to let in more of the crowd, that potential plans were discussed for Trump to travel to the Capitol on the 6th, and aides saying Trump was aware of "Hang Mike Pence" chants and thought he deserved it.
  • Cassidy Hutchinson was a longtime Republican Trump supporter.
  • The lawyer initially representing Cassidy Hutchinson was paid by Trump people. He advised Hutchinson to not always be truthful.

Too much sex is still not enough.

Romanticlover

Quote from: Danno on Dec 31, 2022, 02:51 PMOnly a dog and pony show to the idiot MAGA Crowd.

No to most Americans it was a shit show, the two Republicans who were on the committee lost in their re-election. lol

Happy new year, Republicans take control of the House tomorrow.
Are we having fun yet?

HighStepper

Quote from: Romanticlover on Dec 31, 2022, 06:48 PMNo to most Americans it was a shit show, the two Republicans who were on the committee lost in their re-election. lol
Republicans take control of the House

One lost their election, the other decided not to run for reelection. One is a Profile in Courage.

Last I looked about half of Americans (52%) approved of Jan 6th Committee hearing. So, most would not consider it a "shit show"

Grab you popcorn. The many shit shows are about to begin. Republicans taking the house, but the Democrats holding the Senate and the Whitehouse means unless Republicans are willing to work across the aisle they are not going to achieve a legislation agenda. So all they got is to "investigate."
Too much sex is still not enough.

bats

Quote from: Romanticlover on Dec 31, 2022, 06:48 PMHappy new year, Republicans take control of the House tomorrow.
By law, the new congress begins on January 3rd.