Trump taxes

Started by Blkfyre, Dec 30, 2022, 11:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dogwalker

"Scorekeepers" never see the big picture, only what is at the end of their nose, if that far, and what concerns them minute to minute rather than longer term.
There's almost always a much bigger picture beyond the petty details some people concern themselves with.

HighStepper

It is often that which seems like "petty details" (like puzzle pieces) create the bigger picture.
Too much sex is still not enough.

Danno

you are the making the claim. you tube means nothing to me. still waiting for you to respond. guess you can't.
Quote from: Romanticlover on Dec 31, 2022, 02:53 PMLots of videos on YouTube of Biden lying, go check them out.

My question: name 10 good things that Biden has done in the past 2 years
Changing his diapers doesn't count.
Just tap me on the head if I overstay my welcome

Danno

no 1 - beat the orange idiot

Quote from: Romanticlover on Dec 31, 2022, 02:53 PMLots of videos on YouTube of Biden lying, go check them out.

My question: name 10 good things that Biden has done in the past 2 years
Changing his diapers doesn't count.

Romanticlover

Still waiting for you to acknowledge Biden is a habitual liar and 9 other good things he has done in the past 2 years.
Are we having fun yet?

Danno

still waiting for you to tell me the lies you know about.
no 2 - got us out of the 20 yr war

Danno

No 3 - more kids out of poverty, but you probably don't know why this is important.
Quote from: Danno on Jan 02, 2023, 01:10 PMstill waiting for you to tell me the lies you know about.
no 2 - got use out of the 20 yr war

Romanticlover

Quote from: Danno on Jan 02, 2023, 01:12 PMNo 3 - more kids out of poverty, but you probably don't know why this is important.

That's not true, the economy was better under Trump and families had more disposable income.
Are we having fun yet?

Blkfyre

Quote from: Romanticlover on Jan 02, 2023, 01:30 PMThat's not true, the economy was better under Trump and families had more disposable income.

Uhm, they were LOCKED UP FOR 2 YEARS! Of COURSE they had more disposable income. They weren't using it.

Biden is the one dealing with the world coming out of that lock down so of course there was a negative economic backlash.

In the February 2020 budget proposal, the Trump administration assumed the individual income tax provisions included in the massive Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (TCJA) and set to expire in 2025 would be extended. Between 2025 and 2030, these tax cuts would cost the federal government $1.5 trillion, according to the Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget.

The budget also proposed repealing renewable energy tax credits, offering tax credits for then-education secretary Betsy DeVos' Education Freedom Scholarship program, and raising the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) budget by about $15 billion over a decade.

In the 2021 budget proposal, the Trump administration proposed deep health care spending cuts over the next decade, especially to Medicaid and the Affordable Care Act ($1 trillion over ten years) and Medicare ($756 billion over ten years).It requested $94.5 billion for the Department of Health and Human Services, a 10% decrease from the 2020 enacted level.

His agenda, however, mentioned protecting Social Security and Medicare besides lowering health care insurance premiums and ending surprise billing. Trump repeatedly promised to bring down drug prices, without significant results.

The U.S. economy created 6.6 million jobs during the first three years after Trump took office.

This was good but not particularly impressive when we look at Labor Department data and consider the state of the economy when he took office. While economic immigration programs became stricter under his tenure, he stopped short of big rule changes like revoking the right of spouses of H-1B visa holders to work.

Millions of jobs were erased amid the COVID-19 crisis and may take a while to return. Trump's idea to spur job creation was through a $2 trillion infrastructure bill. He floated the idea of the government buying four or five years' worth of plane tickets to help the industry with cash.

Biden proposed to raise the top income tax rate back to 39.6% from 37% and the top corporate income tax rate to 28% from 21%. His plans also included taxing capital gains and dividends at ordinary rates for those with annual incomes of more than $1 million and imposing a 15% minimum tax on the book income of large companies. The tax rate on profits earned by foreign subsidiaries of U.S. firms would be doubled to 21%.

According to the Tax Policy Center, Biden's tax proposals could increase revenue by $4 trillion between 2021 and 2030. It is estimated that 93% of the tax increases would be borne by taxpayers in the top 20% of households by income. The top 1% of households would pay three-quarters of the tax hike.

So Trump set into motion HUGE losses to the government, but pushed them out to someone else so it wouldn't look bad on his time in office.

Romanticlover

You guys would of fit right in 1930's Germany where you didn't disagree or say bad things about the Fuhrer: "Heil Biden!"
Are we having fun yet?

HighStepper

Quote from: Romanticlover on Jan 02, 2023, 02:47 PMYou guys would of fit right in 1930's Germany where you didn't disagree or say bad things about the Fuhrer: "Heil Biden!"
In the 1930s Hitler became the leader of the Nazi Party. The Nazis were radically right-wing, anti-Semitic, anticommunist, and antidemocratic.

Trump brags at how he ruined the political careers of REPUBLICANS that were disloyal to him. 

If we line up the factual similarities it is more at "Heil Trump!"
Too much sex is still not enough.

Blkfyre

Quote from: Romanticlover on Jan 02, 2023, 02:47 PMYou guys would of fit right in 1930's Germany where you didn't disagree or say bad things about the Fuhrer: "Heil Biden!"

You keep bringing up stuff like that, but, we here have NEVER said that Biden is an incredible president or anything more than adequate.

What we did say was we were voting out a PSYCHOPATH who apparently lied at every turn (makes one wonder, if he could lie about donating his salary, why can't he be lying about all the election stuff or the whole Hunter laptop thing hmmm?), that we would rather a meh president than one who knowingly LIED to his constituents about knowing that an epidemic was coming because it was "bad optics".

Romanticlover

Quote from: Blkfyre on Jan 02, 2023, 05:18 PMYou keep bringing up stuff like that, but, we here have NEVER said that Biden is an incredible president or anything more than adequate.

Actually you are first person to say that, kudos to you sir.
I just want everyone to be leery of all politicians, stay objective and critical.
Are we having fun yet?

Blkfyre

Quote from: Romanticlover on Jan 02, 2023, 05:31 PMActually you are first person to say that, kudos to you sir.
I just want everyone to be leery of all politicians, stay objective and critical.

Uhm, like you are???? I'm serious. You have been ANYTHING but objective or critical of Trump, McConnell or any republican. Why is it now you are a champion of being objective?

dogwalker

omg...scorekeepers.....yes thousands of puzzle pieces can make a big puzzle.....eventually, sometimes......my "problem" is I care more about the finished puzzle not what happened  to get there.......because to me the end matters more.......  Was the puzzle finished?  If not then throw it out.  If it was finished then frame it and you accomplished something.  Any one else got any other clever analogies?