Biden Classified Documents

Started by Bande, Jan 09, 2023, 06:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blkfyre

Quote from: Romanticlover on Jan 22, 2023, 10:31 AMThey both broke the unenforceable law but neither will be prosecuted.

I'll bet Clinton, Bush Jr and Obama have classified documents as well.

One problem. The issue is NOT having the documents despite what Republicans are trying to whip up now. The problem is, once found, did they get turned over to the correct agency.

In Biden's case, the answer was yes.

In Trump's case, the answer is no.

That difference is what makes what Trump did criminal.

Romanticlover

Biden knew he had classified documents otherwise why would he hire an attorney to go through his paperwork?

Biden keeping those documents for over 10 years was against the law, him keeping the discovery a secret for five months tells me he's not being transparent.

The FBI raiding Trump's house but not Biden's house is bad optics and unfair.
Are we having fun yet?

bats

Quote from: Romanticlover on Jan 23, 2023, 06:17 AMThe FBI raiding Trump's house but not Biden's house is bad optics and unfair.
Bad optics? Unfair? That's not how search warrants work.

For the FBI to "raid" Biden's house they would have had to show probable cause that evidence of a crime could be found there. That's exactly what they did in the Trump case.

But as far as we know, in the Biden case, no crime was committed.

Romanticlover

We keep going around and around here so this is my last post on this subject: they both broke the law.
If they charge Trump then they also have to charge Biden.
Are we having fun yet?

Danno

There are enough other crimes that Trump is guilty of. Such as Treason.
Just tap me on the head if I overstay my welcome

HighStepper

Quote from: Romanticlover on Jan 22, 2023, 09:56 AMThey can't prosecute Trump and not Biden because it wouldn't be fair, at least Trump had the documents in a secure room at his house...Biden had them in his garage.

A number of documents were in Trump's office where he entertained numerous visitors. A locked garage with his corvette which kept very secure, lol.

I agree if they charge Trump with mishandling documents (taking/having) they need to also charge Biden. However, the charge against Trump could be obstruction by his refusal to return the documents when requested to do so, and his lying about it. Biden did not do this.

Too much sex is still not enough.

HighStepper

Quote from: bats on Jan 22, 2023, 09:43 AMIt really makes one wonder whether the custody of classified materials is taken seriously at all. Don't they have a system for tracking them? Even a library keeps track of the shit you borrow from them. At least bill the people in possession of classified docs a late charge, for Christ's sake. lol

Quote from: HighStepper on Jan 11, 2023, 01:05 PMThe elephant in the room question for me. How the f*ck do these documents get lost? Your local library knows what books are checked out and who has them. For me from a national security perspective this the major issue that does not seem to be adequately addressed.

Would be nice if the House investigation committee investigate the process and recommend laws accordingly, rather than engaging in a political witch hunt.   

Too much sex is still not enough.

bats

Quote from: Romanticlover on Jan 23, 2023, 10:03 AMIf they charge Trump then they also have to charge Biden.
Well, no. They may charge Trump at some point if Biden's DOJ decides the evidence against him is worth the political risk.

As to Biden, even if DOJ were to find evidence that he committed any crimes, guess what? The policy, as we learned when Trump was in office, is that you can't charge a sitting president. (But there hasn't been any public reporting that Biden even committed any crimes.)

In any event, it simply doesn't make sense to say that if they charge Trump then they also have to charge Biden.

Blkfyre

Quote from: Romanticlover on Jan 23, 2023, 10:03 AMWe keep going around and around here so this is my last post on this subject: they both broke the law.
If they charge Trump then they also have to charge Biden.

You keep ignoring the fact that it's probably happened before with Presidents and probably would happen again in the future. There are two issues that make this time different:

1) Trump for over a YEAR refused to turn over the documents. Full stop illegal, forcing the DOJ to raid his place to get them.

2) Conservatives while continuing to say Trump did nothing wrong trying to tar Biden with the same thing Trump did, except they aren't similar at all

Biden's lawyers WHILE LOOKING FOR OTHER PAPERS ran across the documents. They IMMEDIATELY notified to correct people and got the papers where they were supposed to go. Each time they found other papers, the same thing happened.

While an investigation to find out WHY it kept happening is appropriate in Biden's case, unlike Trump he hasn't done anything illegal (refusing to return the documents is the illegal part).

If Trump had just turned over the documents at ANY TIME before the raid we probably wouldn't have heard of EITHER case as it would have been handled appropriately.

dogwalker

The FBI found some classified documents in Biden's elementary school lunch box !

Danno

George Santos said he found some on Biden's bicycle.
Just tap me on the head if I overstay my welcome

Blkfyre

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

dogwalker

George Santos had some "tucked" away but denied it.