Classified Documents Found at Pence's Home

Started by bats, Jan 24, 2023, 09:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bats

You can't make this shit up. But now that we know that classified docs aren't as tightly controlled as we might have assumed, I think prosecuting Trump is back on the table for his apparent violations of criminal statutes. (As far as we know, the requisite intent for violating those statutes has not occurred with either Biden or Pence.)

https://www.cnn.com/2023/01/24/politics/pence-classified-documents-fbi

DoctorTaco

The state of politics in the USA is in the toilet. The system is broken. No one wants to work together to solve our nation's problems, only to screw the other party. We can thank Newt Gingrich for this fuckery.

WTS, what a joke! It sounds like anyone, a POTUS, VP, Senator, or their top aides can simply carry out classified "top secret" documents these days. So much for national security.

IMHO, career politicians with little personality like Biden & Pence made honest mistakes taking home these docs, or forgot to return them. I wonder if this is common practice to take classified docs out of a federal building.  However, I'm convinced that Trump did it with intent, truly believing is was above the law, being the narcissist that he is.

FWIW, I'm a life long card-carrying Republican. I am not, never have been, a Trump supporter.

dogwalker

Even  me.  I found 6 classified documents in my attic.  Don't tell the FBI though.

HighStepper

Classified documents have been found at former US Vice-President Mike Pence's home in the latest secret paper discovery.

"We have a classified information problem which needs to be fixed," Lindsey Graham wrote.

Quote from: bats on Jan 22, 2023, 09:43 AMIt really makes one wonder whether the custody of classified materials is taken seriously at all. Don't they have a system for tracking them? Even a library keeps track of the shit you borrow from them. At least bill the people in possession of classified docs a late charge, for Christ's sake. lol

Quote from: HighStepper on Jan 11, 2023, 01:05 PMThe elephant in the room question for me. How the f*ck do these documents get lost? Your local library knows what books are checked out and who has them. For me from a national security perspective this the major issue that does not seem to be adequately addressed.

Quote from: HighStepper on Jan 23, 2023, 01:10 PMWould be nice if the House investigation committee investigate the process and recommend laws accordingly, rather than engaging in a political witch hunt.

Maybe now we can get to the real issue of properly controlling classified documents.
Too much sex is still not enough.

Danno

We can thank Newt Gingrich for this fuckery.
I would say it started with Rush limp dick. Then Karl Rove put it over the top.
Just tap me on the head if I overstay my welcome

Romanticlover

Nancy Pelosi has been the House Speaker for many years, I'm blaming her.

This just in: they found classified panties in Bill Clinton's possesion.
Funny Funny x 1 View List
Are we having fun yet?

Danno

A Republican has been the Speaker for 23 of the last 28 years. John BOEHNER was the one that said they would not work with Obama. Been that way since.

Quote from: Romanticlover on Jan 24, 2023, 02:13 PMNancy Pelosi has been the House Speaker for many years, I'm blaming her.

This just in: they found classified panties in Bill Clinton's possesion.

Danno

just saw a clip of Pence from a few weeks ago, saying they have searched all their offices and none found. guess they didn't look hard enough.

dogwalker

@Danno  I may have seen a similar story and contradiction.  It was not a good look for Pence but may just mean the guys in charge are out of touch, as usual.  May mean the grunt workers that moved offices did not know exactly what they where supposed to do which would not be surprising.  Still the guy at the top does have ultimate responsibility for who he hires and how he supervises even if he had too many more important things to do than pack his own moving boxes.

dogwalker

Obama and Hillary Clinton planted the Trump docs, Trump planted the Biden docs, and Biden planted the Pence docs......it's obvious !

dogwalker

Merrick Garland finds classified documents in his judge robes!   Now what?

DoctorTaco

Quote from: Danno on Jan 24, 2023, 05:36 PMA Republican has been the Speaker for 23 of the last 28 years. John BOEHNER was the one that said they would not work with Obama. Been that way since.

With all due respect Danno, it goes back to Gingrich.

DoctorTaco

Quote from: Romanticlover on Jan 24, 2023, 02:13 PMThis just in: they found classified panties in Bill Clinton's possesion.

And they were not Hillary's.

Blkfyre

It is funny how hypocritical conservatives can be. Within a few hours of Biden having documents hit the news conservatives were falling all over themselves making statements condemning him and planning investigations.

We are coming up on 24 hours since the news hit about Pence and yup, crickets from Republicans...

dogwalker

Politics isn't fair.  Watcha gonna do?