Democrat Insurrection Attempt In Tennessee

Started by Bande, Apr 03, 2023, 06:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bande

Democrat Insurrection Attempt In Tennessee

dogwalker

whatever. I don't live in TN...thank God!

Danno

the real story behind the video
kid with big blond hair was blocking the rest room when law makers tried to enter.
https://twitter.com/i/status/1641511045251358720
Just tap me on the head if I overstay my welcome

Romanticlover

Are we having fun yet?

Blkfyre

So the rules state they have a right to protest, and conservatives are trying to get rid of them despite the rules...

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

bats

All I know is that if it's another YouTube video posted by Bande, you can take it to the bank. /s

Romanticlover

They have a right to PEACEFULLY protest outside the Capitol building.
They and their supporters stormed the Capitol and struggled with LE inside the building, similar to what happened on Jan 6th.
Are we having fun yet?

bats

Quote from: Romanticlover on Apr 04, 2023, 11:42 AMThey have a right to PEACEFULLY protest outside the Capitol building.
They and their supporters stormed the Capitol and struggled with LE inside the building, similar to what happened on Jan 6th.
LOL.

Blkfyre

Quote from: Romanticlover on Apr 04, 2023, 11:42 AMThey have a right to PEACEFULLY protest outside the Capitol building.

Reading is fundamental:

"Any member of either House of the general Assembly, shall have the liberty to dissent from, and protest against, any act or resolve which he may think injurious to the public or to any individual, and to have the reasons for his dissent entered on the journals."

Having them entered in the journals means ON THE RECORD in the chamber.

That being said, they have admitted that they did not follow proper procedure to do so, but that is no reason for expulsion. That's a procedural issue, at most with them getting a censure.

Romanticlover

The Republicans control TN so they get to make the rules, you protest inside the Capitol building and you get expelled.
Are we having fun yet?

Blkfyre

Quote from: Romanticlover on Apr 04, 2023, 02:42 PMThe Republicans control TN so they get to make the rules, you protest inside the Capitol building and you get expelled.

Yes, they DISREGARD THEIR OWN RULES to push a political agenda, and people get punished...

Bande

HighStepper

vociferous rhetoric by non violent protesters holding paper signs does not begin to compare to the Jan 6th rioters who caused massive property damage and bodily injury.

The Tennessee legislators didn't have to run and hide fearful of their lives like the US legislators.

The Tennessee Three (two black men and one white woman) have been made heroes on the national stage. The black men expelled the white woman not. Really poor optics.

The two black legislators that were expelled have been reseated for the interim until special election is held.
Too much sex is still not enough.