Newsom on tour in red states

Started by Romanticlover, Apr 05, 2023, 04:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blkfyre

Quote from: Romanticlover on Apr 07, 2023, 06:36 AMHe's travelling around the country on the clock and getting paid by California tax-payers, he isn't on vacation going to Disneyworld. Technically he is there on state business, he's trying to push an agenda that the residents don't want.

No, he is not. He is traveling for the PAC he created, which, a private citizen can do. He is NOT using state funds to do so, this is all on HIS dime.

https://www.kcra.com/article/california-newsom-launches-campaign-to-fight-gop-policies-in-other-states/43471508

If you have evidence that he is doing an official state trip, please go ahead and share that with us so that we can see it. Otherwise, there is no evidence he isn't taking personal time to do so. Or again, can a politician not take time off of work to do what they want to do?

Danno

you didn't complain about this

Donald Trump's Golf Trips Have Cost US Taxpayers Whopping $138 Million

Quote from: Romanticlover on Apr 05, 2023, 05:34 PMKevin Kiley has the best explanation:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/newsom-travels-banned-red-states-new-pac-presidential-rumors-swirl

So it's ok if the money comes from a PAC that he donated to.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ca-gov-gavin-newsom-drops-10-million-political-action-committee-pledges-boost-democrats-red-states

Sounds like a certain person being charged with using campaign money for personal purposes.
Just tap me on the head if I overstay my welcome

Romanticlover

So is Newsom on vacation or state business?
Are we having fun yet?

CigarMan

Quote from: Blkfyre on Apr 06, 2023, 10:50 PMHe is a private citizen on his own time, which this is. He's not there on state business. Or are you saying that elected officials need to be held to a higher standard than normal people and lose their rights to do what they want when elected?

And no, they COWARDLY stay in their own states and tell us how bad California is, how woke, how we need change and yadda yadda yadda.

You know, exactly what you are complaining about...Except he has a full entourage that IS on State Business since they are guarding the Governor.  SO he is still violating the law.  But since he is a Democrat he will be forgiven.

Romanticlover

Quote from: Blkfyre on Apr 07, 2023, 09:15 AM...can a politician not take time off of work to do what they want to do?

Sure they can, it's called a vacation. Newsom travelled to Montana twice in 2022 even though it's on the travel ban list. If a California politician in pushing an agenda in a red state then they are violating their own rule against it:

https://www.cerescourier.com/opinion/editorial/newsom-ignores-his-states-woes-harass-red-states/
Are we having fun yet?

Danno

Newsome owns your mind. lol

Quote from: Romanticlover on Apr 07, 2023, 10:08 AMSure they can, it's called a vacation. Newsom travelled to Montana twice in 2022 even though it's on the travel ban list. If a California politician in pushing an agenda in a red state then they are violating their own rule against it:

https://www.cerescourier.com/opinion/editorial/newsom-ignores-his-states-woes-harass-red-states/
Just tap me on the head if I overstay my welcome

Blkfyre

So, that makes no sense. What staff is guarding him? And does that mean when he takes an official vacation it's still state's business?

Blkfyre

Quote from: Romanticlover on Apr 07, 2023, 10:08 AMSure they can, it's called a vacation. Newsom travelled to Montana twice in 2022 even though it's on the travel ban list. If a California politician in pushing an agenda in a red state then they are violating their own rule against it:

We aren't talking about 2022, we are talking about his current trip for the PAC he created as a private citizen.

And again, are you saying that when a person becomes a politician they give up their right to free speech when NOT WORKING on their job?

Also, according to you, we should leave the past in the past, right? That's what you say whenever anyone brings up what Trump did in the past, correct?

Also, that link with it's rambling...whatever? It says NOTHING about his using state funds for his trip.

Romanticlover

Quote from: Danno on Apr 07, 2023, 10:59 AMNewsome owns your mind. lol

Just like Trump owns yours. lol

Are we having fun yet?

Romanticlover

Quote from: Blkfyre on Apr 07, 2023, 03:57 PMWe aren't talking about 2022, we are talking about his current trip for the PAC he created as a private citizen.

And again, are you saying that when a person becomes a politician they give up their right to free speech when NOT WORKING on their job?

Also, according to you, we should leave the past in the past, right? That's what you say whenever anyone brings up what Trump did in the past, correct?

Also, that link with it's rambling...whatever? It says NOTHING about his using state funds for his trip.

I'm talking about it because Newsom is a hypocrite, HE TRAVELLED TO A RED STATE TWICE in 2022.
I'll bet money many CA Democrat politicians travelled to red states since they enacted that stupid travel ban.

Democrats make stupid laws and break them because they don't apply to them, laws are for thee not me.

Are we having fun yet?

Bande

Quote from: bats on Apr 05, 2023, 06:49 PMYes, it's okay. The money came from funds leftover from his own 2022 campaign for governor.

No, it's not at all like what Trump did, and trying to draw even the slightest comparison between the two is ridiculous.
You crack me up with Trump up your ass as well.
Newskum is using state funds for his security detail which violates the policy he put in place. So Hypocrite yes .
Traveling States that are Authoritarian. Laugh my ass off again he is the biggest Authoritarian there is. Going against peoples wills and votes on not implementing the death penalty is one example of many.
People that have a privileged life, not knowing the hard working should refrain from making comments.

bats

Quote from: Bande on Apr 07, 2023, 09:21 PMNewskum is using state funds for his security detail which violates the policy he put in place. So Hypocrite yes .
Whatever security detail Newsom has around him is not a perk of the office. It's deemed a necessity, and all of California's governors have had it (at least in modern times).

Within the state, that security is provided by a unit of the CHP. When the governor is out of state, neither you nor I know exactly how it's coordinated and with whom. For obvious reasons.

By your logic, Newsom should never, ever venture outside the state, as he couldn't do so without protection. But since no governor is a prisoner in his own state, that would be an absurd outcome.

bats

Quote from: Bande on Apr 07, 2023, 09:21 PMYou crack me up with Trump up your ass as well.
I was responding directly to a commenter who compared Trump's hush money payments to Newsom's trips out of state using leftover campaign funds. If you had bothered to read what you were replying to, you'd have known that. 

zoezane

I'm A Dirty Girl Online
I Cuz Like A Sailor

Blkfyre

Quote from: Romanticlover on Apr 07, 2023, 09:12 PMI'm talking about it because Newsom is a hypocrite, HE TRAVELLED TO A RED STATE TWICE in 2022.
I'll bet money many CA Democrat politicians travelled to red states since they enacted that stupid travel ban.

Democrats make stupid laws and break them because they don't apply to them, laws are for thee not me.

So what you are saying is that the past of a politician and the things they may have done wrong ARE valid topics for discussion?