Poor Target.

Started by Bande, May 25, 2023, 04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bande

Did not learn from Budweiser's misadventures, now, Target paying the price..

bladegunner

aim for a peaceful, easy feeling

HighStepper

Prominent conservative figures advocated a boycott of Target
Target lost billions in market value after conservatives called to boycott the retail giant, whose 2023 "PRIDE" collection featured a "tuck-friendly" swimsuit to obscure male genitalia and other items designed by a brand that specializes in Satanist-inspired merchandise. Link

These nutcases actually think they are taking on Satan, the devil. They don't get the joke. What happen to all the cry about "free speech" that these conservatives claim that they are being denied.

About the designer:
Erik called Satan "cool" but denied any affiliation with Satanism.
"I am, believe it or not, not a Satanist. I lack the drive or desire to be a part of any religion—theistic or otherwise," the brand posted. "I don't believe in Satan (not [sic] do Satanists, actually) but I do think Satan, pentagrams, skulls, ghosts, and the occult are cool and interesting and I've been obsessed with horror movies and books since I was knee-high to a grasshopper."

"Satan isn't real, and because he isn't real I can mould and shape him to fit my art, I can use him as a metaphor for the very few items I carry depicting him. It's camp, it's fun, it's metal af. But it's a fairy tale," Erik added. Link

Target claimed that employees were experiencing "threats" which impacted their "sense of safety and well-being while at work." The corporation directed some store managers to relocate pride-themed merchandise away from the front of their respective locations.

IMHO, there is nothing wrong with calling a boycott. It is a way of peacefully protesting. However, whipping people up into a frenzy leading to violence is wrong.
Too much sex is still not enough.

DoctorTaco

What I find shocking is that a huge retailer like Target would place such controversial merchandise towards the front of the store. Locations of such displays are planned way in advance by upper management, not an assistant or store manager. I can't believe nobody saw the Bud Light fallout and said, "Hey, should we discuss this again?"

HighStepper

Quote from: Bande on May 25, 2023, 04:06 PMDid not learn from Budweiser's misadventures...

Quote from: DoctorTaco on May 26, 2023, 07:09 AM...I can't believe nobody saw the Bud Light fallout and said, "Hey, should we discuss this again?"

I have to admit, I never saw why it was such a big deal. Actually I never saw the ad, lol.
With all of the problems in this country and in the world, this is what people want to get upset about....a fake man selling a fake beer.

You cannot view this attachment.

bladegunner

the devil is at work always yo.

bladegunner

its a pretty big dea. yet nothing we can't handle

HighStepper

Bande

HighStepper

You cannot view this attachment.

Where has this clown been? This has been all over the news for over a week.

dogwalker

Target was supposed to be one of the few retailers that could make it through this inflationary period in good shape.  One of my favorites, Bed Bath and Beyond, won't.  Anyway these days all it takes is one viral message and enough people that follow it to torpedo anyone or any company on any grounds no matter how false or ridiculous the claims are.  Many people now are "angry sheep."  They love to get upset, about almost anything, then follow each other anywhere.  Soon there will be AI chatbots and robots telling people how to think.

HighStepper

Quote from: dogwalker on Jun 01, 2023, 07:07 AM... Many people now are "angry sheep."  They love to get upset, about almost anything, then follow each other anywhere.  Soon there will be AI chatbots and robots telling people how to think.

Hate and anger drive more clicks and make more money than peace and love.