Fox not News is even lying to Judge

Started by Danno, Apr 16, 2023, 09:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danno

Fox News apologized to the Delaware judge presiding over the Dominion Voting Systems' lawsuit for failing to properly define Fox Corp. Chairman Rupert Murdoch's formal role at the network.
Fox lawyers had repeatedly claimed Murdoch did not have an official title at the network, only to later reveal that he serves as the Fox News Executive Chair.

Fox news days are numbered. That check Rupert Murdoch is going to write will put a dent in his bank account.
Just tap me on the head if I overstay my welcome

Romanticlover

Are we having fun yet?

Danno

Romanticlover

Quote from: Danno on Apr 16, 2023, 11:19 AMthey won't be on tv after this

Yes they will, Dominium will have to prove that Fox News caused any monetary loss.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/media/2023/04/16/fox-dominion-trial-begin/
Are we having fun yet?

bats

Quote from: Romanticlover on Apr 16, 2023, 11:26 AMYes they will, Dominium will have to prove that Fox News caused any monetary loss.

That's not true. While Dominion is seeking compensation for lost profits and reputational harm, they're also suing for punitive damages. Punitive damages are not capped in New York and do not require Dominion to have suffered economic harm.

Romanticlover

The trial is being held in Delaware, there's no cap there either.
There's no way they suffered $1.6 billion in damages since no states cancelled orders for their voting machines.
Are we having fun yet?

bats

Quote from: Romanticlover on Apr 16, 2023, 05:19 PMThe trial is being held in Delaware, there's no cap there either.
There's no way they suffered $1.6 billion in damages since no states cancelled orders for their voting machines.
I didn't say the trial wasn't being held in Delaware, and I didn't say Dominion had suffered $1.6 billion in damages. I did mention New York law because that's the law that is being applied in the case.

And I pointed out, in response to your erroneous claim that Dominion needs to prove monetary losses, that the jury could award punitive damages to Dominion.
Like Like x 1 View List

Romanticlover

Nice try bats, why would you mention NY law that doesn't apply to Delaware?
It isn't mentioned anywhere in any news article.

At least I posted a link, you guys make this stuff up as you go.
Are we having fun yet?

bats

Quote from: Romanticlover on Apr 16, 2023, 06:09 PMNice try bats, why would you mention NY law that doesn't apply to Delaware?
It isn't mentioned anywhere in any news article.
At least I posted a link, you guys make this stuff up as you go.
I mentioned it because, as I already told you, New York law is the law that is being applied in this case. Why would you assume I'd make that up? Just because you couldn't find anything about it?

"In December 2021, the court rejected Fox's motion to dismiss, holding that New York law governs the substantive defamation issues in the case."

https://www.lexology.com/library/detail.aspx?g=13aab816-2bfb-4e5f-9701-d3d0a2c3888c

Danno

amazing that people still defend these liars, good role model for your kids

Romanticlover

Like CNN is any better. lol

CNN hired and fired two pedophiles producers, anchor Chris Cuomo covered up for his scumbag brother so they fired him. They also promoted Michael Avenatti who is now in prison.
Are we having fun yet?

Blkfyre

Quote from: Romanticlover on Apr 17, 2023, 11:07 AMLike CNN is any better. lol

CNN hired and fired two pedophiles producers, anchor Chris Cuomo covered up for his scumbag brother so they fired him. They also promoted Michael Avenatti who is now in prison.

Whataboutism rather than defense is not a good look...

Danno

if they did something they deserve what they got. I don't watch them.

Romanticlover

More people watch Fox News than the other networks so they must look better.
Are we having fun yet?

Blkfyre

Quote from: Romanticlover on Apr 17, 2023, 11:49 AMMore people watch Fox News than the other networks so they must look better.

More does not equal better:
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login