NAACP issues travel warning in Florida: it ‘has become hostile to Black American

Started by Blkfyre, May 21, 2023, 01:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blkfyre

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/4013835-naacp-issues-travel-warning-in-florida-the-state-has-become-hostile-to-black-americans/

"On a seeming quest to silence African-American voices, the Governor and the State of Florida have shown that African Americans are not welcome in the State of Florida," the travel advisory reads.

"Due to this sustained, blatant, relentless and systemic attack on democracy and civil rights, the NAACP hereby issues a travel advisory to African Americans, and other people of color regarding the hostility towards African Americans in Florida," the group added.

The advisory points to several of DeSantis's controversial policies, including legislation he signed on Monday to prohibit colleges from spending public funds on diversity, equity and inclusion efforts.

Bande

Quote from: Blkfyre on May 21, 2023, 01:03 PMhttps://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/4013835-naacp-issues-travel-warning-in-florida-the-state-has-become-hostile-to-black-americans/

"On a seeming quest to silence African-American voices, the Governor and the State of Florida have shown that African Americans are not welcome in the State of Florida," the travel advisory reads.

"Due to this sustained, blatant, relentless and systemic attack on democracy and civil rights, the NAACP hereby issues a travel advisory to African Americans, and other people of color regarding the hostility towards African Americans in Florida," the group added.

The advisory points to several of DeSantis's controversial policies, including legislation he signed on Monday to prohibit colleges from spending public funds on diversity, equity and inclusion efforts.
Quote from: Blkfyre on May 21, 2023, 01:03 PMhttps://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/4013835-naacp-issues-travel-warning-in-florida-the-state-has-become-hostile-to-black-americans/

What he has signed has nothing to do with race.
Why not just teach History in General as he is doing and not focusing on one group.
Let the people learn and decide what is best for them.
Do not force a BIASED opinion (One Sided) On the people.
Focusing on one group is Racist.
Desanti has one of the best performing States in the Country.
Hail Our Next President. Ron Desanti 2024...

Blkfyre

Quote from: Bande on May 21, 2023, 05:36 PMWhat he has signed has nothing to do with race.
Why not just teach History in General as he is doing and not focusing on one group.
Let the people learn and decide what is best for them.
Do not force a BIASED opinion (One Sided) On the people.
Focusing on one group is Racist.
Desanti has one of the best performing States in the Country.

Nothing on race???

"The Florida governor also previously signed the Stop WOKE Act, restricting how workplaces and schools can discuss race during required training or instruction, and blocked an Advanced Placement African American Studies course in the state's public schools, claiming it lacked "educational value.""

bladegunner

a bunch on race bro. keeps you busy don't it though? Yo? roll with it. winning ticket. no doubt.

thaikhan

Monolith... only think our thoughts... brainwash... zombie... no brains....

"You've got more questions?" Biden replied. "Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."

Charlamagne responded, "It don't have nothing to do with Trump. It has to do with the fact, I want something for my community."

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/22/politics/biden-charlamagne-tha-god-you-aint-black/index.html

bladegunner

cant have that thai.whats required is a community organizer that prances down stairs yo.

Blkfyre

Quote from: thaikhan on May 21, 2023, 08:08 PMMonolith... only think our thoughts... brainwash... zombie... no brains....

"You've got more questions?" Biden replied. "Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."

Charlamagne responded, "It don't have nothing to do with Trump. It has to do with the fact, I want something for my community."

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/22/politics/biden-charlamagne-tha-god-you-aint-black/index.html

Awesome bit of whataboutism, but has zero to do with the topic

bladegunner

HighStepper

Textbook Cuts Race from Rosa Parks Story Amid 'Anti-Woke' Florida Push: NYT Link

Quote from: Bande on May 21, 2023, 05:36 PMDesanti has one of the best performing States in the Country.

Best performing on a particular political agenda, perhaps. Performance for the people not so much.
Keep in mind DeSantis has friendly and supportive legislature in Florida. This will not be the case as the Federal level.

Key is DeSantis getting past Trump. He should hope Trump winds up in jail. (not likely). When it comes to going toe to toe, the white boot wearing sissy is going to get his ass whooped by Trump, lol. 

Too much sex is still not enough.

Bande

LMAO What a FOOL
Democratic ideas have FAILED OVER AND OVER. Desantis (Republican) Ideas have succeeded over and over.
This Statement says it all. POLITICAL agenda.
Desantis does not align with Democratic Ideas. NO SHIT.
Hostile? What a JOKE..

"Under the leadership of Gov. DeSantis, the state of Florida has become hostile to Black Americans and in direct conflict with the democratic ideals that our union was founded upon. He should know that democracy will prevail because its defenders are prepared to stand up and fight. We're not backing down, and we encourage our allies to join us in the battle for the soul of our nation."

https://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2023/05/21/naacp-issues-travel-advisory-florida-desantis-policies/1791684685097/
Keep spewing crap..

Bande

Quote from: HighStepper on May 22, 2023, 09:03 PMTextbook Cuts Race from Rosa Parks Story Amid 'Anti-Woke' Florida Push: NYT Link

Best performing on a particular political agenda, perhaps. Performance for the people not so much.
Keep in mind DeSantis has friendly and supportive legislature in Florida. This will not be the case as the Federal level.

What People? People spewing crap are not residents.
People of the State overwhelming are positive on Desantis.
People speak very highly of Desantis. I speak of residents.
Sadly I agree he will get his ass whooped by Trump.
Desantis as President would be AWESOME though.

Key is DeSantis getting past Trump. He should hope Trump winds up in jail. (not likely). When it comes to going toe to toe, the white boot wearing sissy is going to get his ass whooped by Trump, lol. 

dogwalker

HighStepper

Quote from: dogwalker on May 23, 2023, 12:34 PMAren't all states that way?  Florida isn't  special.

Practically yes. This is why caution must be used when trying to extrapolate state performance to the national stage.
Too much sex is still not enough.