Trump 2024

Started by Bande, May 28, 2023, 09:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dogwalker

It's funny (super disturbing?) to me how some people think life under a, in essence, dictatorship would be great.  Of course these are people that never got outside their tiny bubble of life to educate themselves about what that really means.

bats

Quote from: dogwalker on Jun 20, 2023, 02:24 AMIt's funny (super disturbing?) to me how some people think life under a, in essence, dictatorship would be great.  Of course these are people that never got outside their tiny bubble of life to educate themselves about what that really means.
I don't think most of them consciously believe that Trump (and other extremists like DeSantis) is a would-be dictator. After all, this is America!

They make the erroneous assumption that it could never happen here.

Danno

So tell me, what is the republican plan to fight inflation?  Is it more top-end tax custs, last time they tried that in 2017, deficits went up in 2018 and 2019.  Tax cuts that lead to increased debt are inflationary.  Or is it threatening to shut down the government if they don't SS and Medicare cuts, shutting down the government will be devastating for the economy.  Or perhaps holding, and/or delay, funding for Ukraine, all that will do is extend the war causing continued energy/food inflation.  Or it may cause Ukraine to lose, giving Russia over 1/3rd the world supply of wheat, think of the leverage they will have then.

On crime, do you mean defund the FBI?  One of the first thngs Biden did was push for a bill that provided additional funding for police departments, every single republican voted against it.

Quote from: thaikhan on May 29, 2023, 09:16 AMThe only thing I fear more than a Trump win is a Biden win. The Democrats may be fine with having people like Feinstein and Biden in office with onset Dementia but not me. Regardless, if either one wins, we all lose... except for the raving lunatics.
Just tap me on the head if I overstay my welcome

thaikhan

Cool story. Next I'm going to hear how the grass is blue.

Danno

anyone find this money yet?
Note: U.S. Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin told Congress Wednesday that the Trump administration intends to keep secret the names of the businesses that have received more than $500 billion in COVID-19 bailout funds through the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP), claiming the information is "confidential."

Danno

must be one of those people that think they are smart

Quote from: thaikhan on Jun 23, 2023, 04:23 PMCool story. Next I'm going to hear how the grass is blue.