Cult Members Talk Trump on PBS

Started by bats, Jun 16, 2023, 06:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bats

So PBS commissioned a focus group of two-time Trump voters in Iowa to get their views on the indictment(s) and how it would affect their support for the guy recently charged with 37 felonies related to his wilful retention of documents containing some of our most sensitive national security secrets. These people are among the many millions of Americans who are utterly blind to the dangers Trump poses for American democracy.

dogwalker

Once people are indoctrinated (too strong of a word?) with regard to something they rarely change and that becomes their custom and way of life and thinking.  Very hard to change.  Are they faithful or are they brainwashed?

I am reminded a bit of Islam and I am saying the following not to trash Muslims.  They are fine people. However when I have visited Muslim countries many people there tell me what is in the Quran always takes precedence over ANY law modern humans make, with no exceptions even if it makes no sense in a modern world.  That's an extreme example but I'll claim all of us have similar things we strongly believe in, and not just Trump supporters.   Many Trump supporters find Biden supporters out of their minds.  So who is to say who is right or wrong?  

bats

Quote from: dogwalker on Jun 16, 2023, 07:03 PMOnce people are indoctrinated (too strong of a word?) with regard to something they rarely change and that becomes their custom and way of life and thinking.  Very hard to change.  Are they faithful or are they brainwashed?

I am reminded a bit of Islam and I am saying the following not to trash Muslims.  They are fine people. However when I have visited Muslim countries many people there tell me what is in the Quran always takes precedence over ANY law modern humans make, with no exceptions even if it makes no sense in a modern world.  That's an extreme example but I'll claim all of us have similar things we strongly believe in, and not just Trump supporters.  Many Trump supporters find Biden supporters out of their minds.  So who is to say who is right or wrong? 
A big problem these days is misinformation. For example, each of the people in the focus group believes the 2020 election was rigged. But no credible evidence of that has ever emerged. In addition, they don't think January 6th was very serious. That one guy, in particular, referenced all the "peaceful" protesters appearing to be welcomed into the building. He completely ignores the violence that day. And on and on.

So, the question isn't who's right or wrong. The question is, who's got an objective grasp of the facts? Although they don't see it themselves, they're operating much farther outside the factual realm than I am. IMO.

bladegunner

a handful of sisters like you are perpetually indulging right now.

bladegunner

some smart cowboys that ride if they think

bladegunner

Quote from: dogwalker on Jun 16, 2023, 07:03 PMOnce people are indoctrinated (too strong of a word?) with regard to something they rarely change and that becomes their custom and way of life and thinking.  Very hard to change.  Are they faithful or are they brainwashed?

I am reminded a bit of Islam and I am saying the following not to trash Muslims.  They are fine people. However when I have visited Muslim countries many people there tell me what is in the Quran always takes precedence over ANY law modern humans make, with no exceptions even if it makes no sense in a modern world.  That's an extreme example but I'll claim all of us have similar things we strongly believe in, and not just Trump supporters.   Many Trump supporters find Biden supporters out of their minds.  So who is to say who is right or wrong?   
talk straight.

bladegunner

bidens wife and son arent cool to me right now.like the lawyer that killed family members, wife and son.

HighStepper

The Republican, who said he had read the indictment, Trump broke the law, and Trump needs to go away.

However, when the interviewer asked him if it came down to the election between Trump and Biden, what would he do? He said he would vote for Trump a third time.
Too much sex is still not enough.

dogwalker

@bats:  I wonder how many of those people were even at Jan 6th to actually know what they are talking about.  Probably none, which means they are "armchair quarterbacking it" and making up what they want to believe which works for them whether it's true or false.   For me actually experiencing something or being there counts for way more than making statements about things you have not experienced. 

bats

Quote from: dogwalker on Jun 16, 2023, 11:31 PM@bats:  I wonder how many of those people were even at Jan 6th to actually know what they are talking about.  Probably none, which means they are "armchair quarterbacking it" and making up what they want to believe which works for them whether it's true or false.  For me actually experiencing something or being there counts for way more than making statements about things you have not experienced. 
We have tons of unambiguous video evidence of the violence in this case.

Bande

Quote from: bats on Jun 17, 2023, 09:23 AMWe have tons of unambiguous video evidence of the violence in this case.

Violence! LOL. Nothing compared to the Summer Riots.
Videos I have seen show protesters being lead by officials..
You must be referring to Pelosis made movie for political reasons.

Response to Original post is most smart people see all the delusions made the last few years By the Demoncrats. In which is corroborated are SMART to see this as another political stunt. Trump in the meantime is basking in popularity for 2024.

bats

Quote from: Bande on Jun 18, 2023, 04:43 PMViolence! LOL. Nothing compared to the Summer Riots.
Why do right-wingers compare January 6th to the summer protests, some of which involved the usual kinds of violence we've seen throughout our history of protesting? Do you think those demonstrations somehow justified the violence at the capitol?

The violence on January 6th was part of a coordinated effort to overturn the 2020 election. That's not a fucking protest, that's an insurrection.

It's one of the weakest whataboutisms I've ever heard.

Romanticlover

There are cult members in both parties.
Are we having fun yet?

Danno

but only one party attacked the capital and most of them are going to jail.
Just tap me on the head if I overstay my welcome

HighStepper

Quote from: Bande on Jun 18, 2023, 04:43 PMVideos I have seen show protesters being lead by officials..

Yes, I've seen those videos too. However, they are not the videos presented as evidence to juries that convicted hundreds of Jan 6th rioters.
Too much sex is still not enough.