Demoncrats Censorship of the peopl.

Started by Bande, Jun 28, 2023, 06:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bande

Demoncrats tearing Our Country apart.

bats

I watched for about one minute until the right-wing congresswoman said, "This is the Industrial Censorship Complex at work." LOL

These people can never be taken seriously because they're never serious.

Danno

Just tap me on the head if I overstay my welcome

CigarMan

A total ban on a book IS censorship.  Removing books from a PUBLIC library would be censorship, removing a book from an elementary SCHOOL library may not be.  There is information that is NOT appropriate for children, protecting them from that is not censorship.

dogwalker

Umm, but what I noticed is:  kids can access anything online even with parental controls which many find a way around (there are even apps to do that), so at the end of the day what good does it really do to ban a book in any library?   Just seems to give adults on a certain bandwagon with a certain agenda a reason to pat themselves on the back?  Historically bannings don't work.  If someone is hell bent on reading a banned book, taking illegal drugs, drinking underage, etc etc etc they will find a way. When did you guys read your first "gentleman's magazine"?  And was it in a library?.....lmao 

CigarMan

Dog, I do not disagree with anything you say, but that does not change my answer.  As adults we have to try and guide the youth in the best direction and allowing them to be children as long as possible is a good thing. 

dogwalker

I agree.  A difficult battle though.

Danno

and who gets to decide which books are bad? The Proud Boys? That's what is happening.

Blkfyre

Quote from: CigarMan on Jun 28, 2023, 01:26 PMDog, I do not disagree with anything you say, but that does not change my answer.  As adults we have to try and guide the youth in the best direction and allowing them to be children as long as possible is a good thing. 

It's funny tho, books that have been accepted for 20-50 years, all of sudden, because of someone's bias is not acceptable.

HighStepper

Quote from: Blkfyre on Jun 28, 2023, 01:48 PMIt's funny tho, books that have been accepted for 20-50 years, all of sudden, because of someone's bias is not acceptable.

A school district in the US state of Utah has removed the Bible from elementary and middle schools for containing "vulgarity and violence". The move follows a complaint from a parent that the King James Bible has material unsuitable for children. Link

Too much sex is still not enough.

Danno

don't let the kids look in the night stand drawer in a hotel

Danno

telling a kid they can't do something, is a sure way that they will do it.