Democrats Hi Jack Bill

Started by Bande, Mar 31, 2022, 04:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bande

Demoncrats Hijacks' gas tax relief bill.

Imagine that bill introduced to suspend gas taxes in Cali and DEMONCRATS gut it and add another tax.
Yep Demoncrats for the people alright.
So, now they are proposing a $400 check instead of the 51cent tax suspension.
The suspension would save the people more than a $400 check.. CRAZY.
Stupid people will just see Im getting $400 and get all getty about it, really were getting screwed.
Glad people support DEMONCRATs.

Blkfyre

Facts usually are a good thing to have don't you think?

https://calmatters.org/newsletters/whatmatters/2022/03/california-gas-tax-democrats/

"Lee's amendments would, among other things, impose a new tax on gas suppliers when the price of a gallon of gas is "abnormally high" compared to the cost of a barrel of crude oil — and send the tax revenue back to California drivers via a rebate."

bats

Quote from: Blkfyre on Mar 31, 2022, 04:49 PMFacts usually are a good thing to have don't you think?

https://calmatters.org/newsletters/whatmatters/2022/03/california-gas-tax-democrats/

"Lee's amendments would, among other things, impose a new tax on gas suppliers when the price of a gallon of gas is "abnormally high" compared to the cost of a barrel of crude oil — and send the tax revenue back to California drivers via a rebate."

Wait. We're going to raise taxes on gas suppliers to offset the increased cost of the gas they supply? Am I reading this correctly? LOL

Romanticlover

Quote from: Blkfyre on Mar 31, 2022, 04:49 PMFacts usually are a good thing to have don't you think?

That's the stupidest idea I've ever heard and Democrats have a lot of them. Imposing a new tax on suppliers will not make the price at the pump go down.

Several states have temporality eliminated their state gas tax, it's a quick and easy fix that works.

Are we having fun yet?

Hobby

That's Democrats for you, that's like putting a tariff on the supplier that might be in another state. This ought to go over good. Yes the best thing to do is to suspend the fuel tax.

Bande

Facts are Demoncrats added a tax and not helping the people by suspending the gas tax in which would help more.
Facts are who you think pays those added taxes to the supplier? Duhhhh, yeah the people for a possible $400 check. Again the suspension of the gas tax would help the people more.
Say the trucker paysv $1000 on average to fill up, who wins here? yep not the people.

I agree facts you need to know.. Open your eyes my friend..

Bande

Quote from: bats on Mar 31, 2022, 04:56 PMWait. We're going to raise taxes on gas suppliers to offset the increased cost of the gas they supply? Am I reading this correctly? LOL

Correct. And maybe give the people $400... Instead of suspending the gas tax in which we would get a return of alot more..
In which the added tax we more than likely see less..

Danno

eliminate the gas tax? coming from the guy that complains about the roads.
Just tap me on the head if I overstay my welcome

Danno

those truckers are the ones fucking up the roads

Yeah!  Those mother fucker truckers... hauling your food and supplies. they should make us go get it. Then it would be a lot of traffic on the roads...

Danno

$400 vs no gas tax. You'd have to buy over 700 gals to get to $400. So what would you rather have?

Hobby

Quote from: Danno on Apr 13, 2022, 04:00 PM$400 vs no gas tax. You'd have to buy over 700 gals to get to $400. So what would you rather have?

In a year's time, most people probably do exceed 700 gallons.

Danno

most probably use half that much.

Blkfyre

Quote from: Hobby on Apr 13, 2022, 04:07 PMIn a year's time, most people probably do exceed 700 gallons.

https://www.newsnationnow.com/business/your-money/gas-costs-hundreds-more-for-average-american/#:~:text=On%20average%2C%20Americans%20drive%2013%2C500,gallons%20of%20gas%20a%20year.

"On average, Americans drive 13,500 miles a year, according to U.S. Department of Transportation's Federal Highway Administration.

When you divide 13,500 miles by how many miles per gallon the F-150 gets, that means the average American uses 562 gallons of gas a year."

So it definitely is less than 700...