Sacramento Mass Shooting April 3, 2022

Started by HighStepper, Apr 03, 2022, 11:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blkfyre

Quote from: Romanticlover on Apr 07, 2022, 11:04 AMI gave you my opinion, so what's your answer to violent criminals?

My opinion is I am not equipped to give a definitive answer and neither are most regular citizens. The answer is let the system work, if it doesn't work, change the system. Contact your representatives, who should be the ones who are making those changes and ask them to. And if they don't, vote them out until you get someone who does.

Bande

WE need harsher penalties. I doubt that will happen in this woke (Pussified) nation currently.
One being locked up forces one to comply therefore should not be  considered with violent crimes.
It would make one think before committing such violent crimes.
Pussies......

Hobby

It cost the state around $100,000 per inmate per year. The state could save money by simply letting them out and paying them say $60,000 per year the rest of their life if they agree not to deal drugs, kill, rape, steal etc. This would save the state and tax payers around 40,000 per year per inmate. If they commit another felony they forfeit their freedom and monthly payments go back to prison to carry out their original sentence plus the new sentence.

HighStepper

Quote from: Hobby on Apr 07, 2022, 04:21 PMIt cost the state around $100,000 per inmate per year. The state could save money by simply letting them out and paying them say $60,000 per year the rest of their life if they agree not to deal drugs, kill, rape, steal etc. This would save the state and tax payers around 40,000 per year per inmate. If they commit another felony they forfeit their freedom and monthly payments go back to prison to carry out their original sentence plus the new sentence.

Interesting concept, pay them to stay out of prison. I would love to see that debated in the midterm campaigns, lol

Presidential candidate Andrew Yang wanted to give every adult $1,000 a month. This could get rid of 126 different welfare programs along with their administrative cost. He made it work out mathematically, but I doubt he could make it work politically.
Too much sex is still not enough.

HighStepper

Quote from: Bande on Apr 07, 2022, 12:09 PMWE need harsher penalties. I doubt that will happen in this woke (Pussified) nation currently.
One being locked up forces one to comply therefore should not be  considered with violent crimes.
It would make one think before committing such violent crimes.
Pussies......

What you say sounds obviously intuitive as the approach we should take. Unfortunately a lot of these people often don't think before they commit a crime. For some they don't worry about getting caught because they live life in the moment. There are some inmates in prison gangs that see getting out of prison as a vacation until they are re-incarcerated.

Security and safety are key concerns in running a prison. To as certain degree, prisons run because the inmates allow them to run. Cynically speaking, I suppose if they riot we could kill them all and then there would be no more problem.

I remember what Director Ruth Rushen said about time off for good behavior. We should expect inmates to behave. They earn time off by programming. Working in prison factories/farms, educational/vocational programs, prison support jobs, etc. Inmates must EARN their time off credits by programming.

Rehabilitation is somewhat of a misnomer. It assumes someone was habilitated in the first place, lol. The prisons are filled with the failures of other societal institutions, such as the family and schools. Inmates while incarcerated can learn valuable occupational/life skills.

Some inmates have good hearts deep down and want to live a life free of crime. Then there are those that should never ever get out of prison. However, we have laws, rules and regulations that determine when a person is released from prison. Typically you just can't legally keep people locked up beyond their sentencing time. 

Giving people job skills while they are in prison is not enough. They need transitional services to assist them with reentry in to society. Otherwise, out of desperation they fall back to what they know in order to survive.........back in crime.

Too much sex is still not enough.