Government Shutdown Avoided???

Started by HighStepper, Sep 30, 2023, 01:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HighStepper

US House passes bipartisan bill to avoid government shutdown. Link

The House voted 335-91 to fund the government for another 45 days

Now it goes to the Senate. Then to the President.

Key factor, Republicans are backing away from Ukraine aid at the direction of Donald Trump
Too much sex is still not enough.

dogwalker

For a whopping 45 more days and they are all congratulating themselves like they cured cancer.......
reminds me of someone I hired once that wanted a raise and promotion after 1 week at work.
DO something truly significant,, then put it on your resume.

HighStepper

Senate overwhelmingly passed a bipartisan bill to keep the government funded for 45 days, on a vote of 88 to 9. Link

The bill now goes to President Biden's desk for his signature.

Romanticlover

As DW mentioned it's only for 45 days.
It's rumored they cut aid to the Ukraine.
Rep. Bowman(D-NY) pulled a fire alarm in the Capitol, he says it was an accident but it looks like a junior high prank.
Are we having fun yet?

HighStepper

Yes, the aid to Ukraine was cut from the Continuing Resolution Bill. There was a hold out in the Senate that delayed the vote because of it. However, Schumer and McConnell agreed to bring a bill to approve aid for Ukraine.

dogwalker

And now Gaetz may try to get McCarthy removed as House Speaker.  The Republicans are doing a "great" job and they want to win more in the next election?  Not doing themselves any favors currently.

Danno

MTG and Boebert wanted to cut the Secretary of Defense salary to $1.
Then gave themselves a 21% raise to there office budget.
Just tap me on the head if I overstay my welcome

Romanticlover

I can imagine a threesome with MTG and Boebert, they're both crazy but I'll bet they're fun.
Boebert was kicked out of a play for giving a HJ to her date.
Are we having fun yet?

bats

Quote from: Romanticlover on Oct 01, 2023, 11:45 AMI can imagine a threesome with MTG and Boebert, they're both crazy but I'll bet they're fun.
Boebert was kicked out of a play for giving a HJ to her date.
Their annoying voices alone would break the deal for me. Plus, check out Boebert without her caked-on makeup:

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Romanticlover

I'd still do her, I've been with uglier women.
Are we having fun yet?

bats

Quote from: Romanticlover on Oct 01, 2023, 06:22 PMI'd still do her, I've been with uglier women.
It's not as though I'm a walking bouquet, either, so I shouldn't really talk. ;D