House Speaker???

Started by HighStepper, Oct 18, 2023, 09:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Romanticlover

The Soros foundation gives all their money to left-wing Democrats that hate America and are pro-criminal, they haven't donated to any Republican candidate. We took him in after WWII(even though he sold his own people out) and he became a billionaire and this is the thanks we get.

https://www.opensocietyfoundations.org/

The Open Society funded the protestors who stormed the Capitol building the other day:
https://freebeacon.com/democrats/soros-backed-groups-storm-u-s-capitol-accuse-israel-of-genocide/

Jeffries tweets are from him(verified account), you can read them yourself:

https://twitter.com/RepJeffries

Are we having fun yet?

bats

Quote from: Romanticlover on Oct 20, 2023, 06:38 PMThe Soros foundation gives all their money to left-wing Democrats that hate America and are pro-criminal, they haven't donated to any Republican candidate. We took him in after WWII(even though he sold his own people out) and he became a billionaire and this is the thanks we get.

https://www.opensocietyfoundations.org/

The Open Society funded the protestors who stormed the Capitol building the other day:
https://freebeacon.com/democrats/soros-backed-groups-storm-u-s-capitol-accuse-israel-of-genocide/

Jefferies tweets are from him(verified account), you can read them yourself.

You may believe that Democrats "hate America" and are "pro-criminal," but those aren't serious interpretations.

Also, the protestors didn't "storm" the Capitol building. They entered a nearby office building legally and with permission.

If you've got some tweets to share from Jeffries, feel free.

Romanticlover

12 Soros funded DA's have quit or have been recalled because of citizen outrage from rampant crime:

https://katv.com/news/nation-world/12-soros-backed-prosecutors-left-office-in-the-last-year-nonprofit-says-law-enforcement-legal-defense-fund-baltimores-marilyn-mosby-san-franciscos-chesa-boudin-and-tampas-andrew-warren

Whenever Soros funds a candidate I always vote for the other person.
Are we having fun yet?

bats

Quote from: Romanticlover on Oct 20, 2023, 07:08 PM12 Soros funded DA's have quit or have been recalled because of citizen outrage from rampant crime:

https://katv.com/news/nation-world/12-soros-backed-prosecutors-left-office-in-the-last-year-nonprofit-says-law-enforcement-legal-defense-fund-baltimores-marilyn-mosby-san-franciscos-chesa-boudin-and-tampas-andrew-warren

Whenever Soros funds a candidate I always vote for the other person.

Man, try to stay on topic. We've gone from you blaming Democrats for Republican dysfunction to saying Democrats are pro-criminal in a topic about the Speaker of the House.

The story you linked says nothing about "citizen outrage" or "rampant crime." It does say, however, that a group calling itself the Law Enforcement Legal Defense Fund (LELDF) believes Soros-backed prosecutors are linked to "spiking crime rates." No facts were cited, as per usual.

Also, digging deeper, you see eight newly elected Soros-backed prosecutors. I guess there's no citizen outrage in those jurisdictions.

Romanticlover

Quote from: bats on Oct 20, 2023, 08:44 PMAlso, digging deeper, you see eight newly elected Soros-backed prosecutors. I guess there's no citizen outrage in those jurisdictions.

That's because most Democrats are soft headed that don't do their research, they would vote for Josef Stalin if he had a (D) behind his name.

Hakeem Jeffries will never be speaker no matter how much he thinks he deserves it.
Are we having fun yet?

dogwalker

No matter what Hakeem Jeffries' politics are or what people think of him the likelihood of him being House Speaker is not any better than that of most Republicans because the numbers are also against him.  Even if all Democrats vote for him that's not enough.  They'd need some Republican votes.  Never going to happen.  Also why would the Republican "hand over" control to Democrats?  Never happening.

The Republicans will have a "forum" next Mon to try to figure out what to do next.  Is it a job no Republican wants or no Republican can get enough votes for?

Results of next election might make numbers in each party different and their work less susceptible to being derailed by a minority but it sounds like that is way too long to wait to have a Speaker.

dogwalker

Now it feels to me like the Republicans are just "throwing spaghetti against a wall", spaghetti that also is not very sticky.

HighStepper

Tom Emmer won the closed door Republican caucus vote to be the House Speaker nominee. Then hours later he withdraws from his bid to Speaker after Donald Trump called him a RINO.

The weird thing about this is Trump is the biggest RINO (Republican In Name Only) around. He cannot even expressed Republican values.  The long time Democrat  before running as a Republican presidential candidate believed that the nation's economy ran better when Democrats were in control.Link

What is amazing to me is how Donald Trump has managed to hoodwink the majority of the Republicans that he is a Republican. Talk about a "wolf in sheep's clothing" Trump has managed to have chaos dominate the House of Representatives.  Government failures  suits Trump's purpose.
Agree +1 Agree +1 x 1 View List
Too much sex is still not enough.

Romanticlover

Kevin McCarthy has said he is willing to be speaker again but I doubt he will get enough votes, some Democrats will have to vote for him.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/mccarthy-floats-partnership-jordan-assistant-house-speaker-rcna122037

Now Mike Johnson wants to be speaker.
Are we having fun yet?

bats

Quote from: HighStepper on Oct 24, 2023, 02:23 PMTom Emmer won the closed door Republican caucus vote to be the House Speaker nominee. Then hours later he withdraws from his bid to Speaker after Donald Trump called him a RINO.

The weird thing about this is Trump is the biggest RINO (Republican In Name Only) around. He cannot even expressed Republican values.  The long time Democrat  before running as a Republican presidential candidate believed that the nation's economy ran better when Democrats were in control.Link

What is amazing to me is how Donald Trump has managed to hoodwink the majority of the Republicans that he is a Republican. Talk about a "wolf in sheep's clothing" Trump has managed to have chaos dominate the House of Representatives.  Government failures  suits Trump's purpose.

Some of those guys are genuine anti-democratic MAGA nuts, but I think most go along because they know the voters in their districts still think Trump is some messiah. Or maybe those voters know what Trump is, and they like it. (That's the scary version.)

bladegunner

your belfry will be filled here shortly. ax not hussein, the squad and the others tell you how to perform or what to do.
Crazy Crazy x 1 View List

bats

Quote from: bladegunner on Oct 24, 2023, 08:56 PMyour belfry will be filled here shortly. ax not hussein, the squad and the others tell you how to perform or what to do.
Can't you ever just spit it out in English? Why don't just say what you mean, rather than this cryptic bullshit?

dogwalker

@bats   because I'm guessing he may be one of those from the "ancient times" that holds onto old tradition, even if less relevant in 2023 and feels one has to be discreet and use code for everything.....but this is not the ancient times and in theory this is a more private site where one can be more open, precise. and direct about what they say. That said, I do have one of only a few copies of the bladegunner-to-English dictionary for anyone that needs it!  I'm willing to translate when necessary.

Alternate opinion: people are as they are.  Instead of expecting them to be like you or adhere to a certain group dynamic, move on, ignore it, and allow them to be them as long as they are not breaking site rules.  (kind of applies to your opinion of my posts too at times btw----my "useless" posts?  .....your opinion as much as they are about BG's posts.  Since you are (not) the owner or a mod on this site....keep on complaining.....)

As far as I know there is no blocking function here but I find that extremely useful on other sites....lol.  If there was a blocking function here I'd recommend a block.....issue solved!

bats

Quote from: dogwalker on Oct 25, 2023, 12:24 AM@bats   because I'm guessing he may be one of those from the "ancient times" that holds onto old tradition, even if less relevant in 2023 and feels one has to be discreet and use code for everything.....but this is not the ancient times and in theory this is a more private site where one can be more open, precise. and direct about what they say. That said, I do have one of only a few copies of the bladegunner-to-English dictionary for anyone that needs it!  I'm willing to translate when necessary.

Alternate opinion: people are as they are.  Instead of expecting them to be like you or adhere to a certain group dynamic, move on, ignore it, and allow them to be them as long as they are not breaking site rules.  (kind of applies to your opinion of my posts too at times btw----my "useless" posts?  .....your opinion as much as they are about BG's posts.  Since you are (not) the owner or a mod on this site....keep on complaining.....)

As far as I know there is no blocking function here but I find that extremely useful on other sites....lol.  If there was a blocking function here I'd recommend a block.....issue solved!
dog, as usual, you offered your opinion where nobody asked and where it didn't concern you. I know blade, and he can take a suggestion from me without getting butt-hurt and without you butting in. But thanks for your concern. ::)