Biden-Trump Election

Started by Bande, Oct 26, 2023, 08:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bande

If a Biden-Trump election were held today, Joe Biden would lose the presidential election to Donald Trump by at least 40 Electoral College votes—249-289—according to new Bloomberg state-by-state polls.1

In 2020, on the other hand, Joe Biden won the Electoral College by 74 votes.2

bats

Quote from: Bande on Oct 26, 2023, 08:21 PMIf a Biden-Trump election were held today, Joe Biden would lose the presidential election to Donald Trump by at least 40 Electoral College votes—249-289—according to new Bloomberg state-by-state polls.1

In 2020, on the other hand, Joe Biden won the Electoral College by 74 votes.2
I guess it's a good thing that the election is not being held today. Or tomorrow. Or anytime this year.

Anyway, polls, schmolls. We saw how they worked out for HRC when the Russians did everything possible to sow division and get people to vote for Trump.

Bande

Quote from: bats on Oct 26, 2023, 11:13 PMI guess it's a good thing that the election is not being held today. Or tomorrow. Or anytime this year.

Anyway, polls, schmolls. We saw how they worked out for HRC when the Russians did everything possible to sow division and get people to vote for Trump.

I think you need to look more on China whom said at one time they'd take us from within..

Bande

Quote from: bats on Oct 26, 2023, 11:13 PMI guess it's a good thing that the election is not being held today. Or tomorrow. Or anytime this year.

Crazy to think someone would want to make America Great Again.
Fact is America was much better under Trumps administration and the World was more peaceful.
This Administration has diminished America while supporting other Countries rather than taking care of our own.
Trump is not the best, Trumps Administration had better results though.
America $ has gone to shit and poverty to many is 1 paycheck away.

bats

Quote from: Bande on Oct 27, 2023, 07:46 PMCrazy to think someone would want to make America Great Again.
Fact is America was much better under Trumps administration and the World was more peaceful.
This Administration has diminished America while supporting other Countries rather than taking care of our own.
What's crazy is thinking a guy who tried to overturn the results of the last presidential election and shared national security secrets with people just to seem cool, among about a thousand other outrageous acts of misconduct, isn't anti-American.

HighStepper

Quote from: Bande on Oct 27, 2023, 07:46 PMCrazy to think someone would want to make America Great Again.
Donald Trump plagiarized Ronald Reagan's 1980 campaign catchphrase "Let's Make America Great Again." With Trump, to some the slogan was code speak for let's make America white again. For many it embodies the desire to restore America to an idealized version of the 1950's. Listen to "Maga Mike" as he is called by Matt Gatez. The new House Speaker speaks of social conservative values that were prominent in the 1950's.

"Rumors of the US dollar's demise continue to be greatly exaggerated," according to James Athey, investment director at Abrdn, an asset manager. The US Dollar Index, which now stands at its highest level in six months, has been buoyed by a slew of positive economic data from the United States in recent weeks. "The US economy continues to demonstrate remarkable strength, while matters in China and Europe, in particular, seem to be descending into a much more recessionary place," Link
How the U.S. Dollar Became the World's Reserve Currency. Link

As previously discussed, Both Donald Trump and Joe Biden have served as President of the United States. Biden in less than 3 years has accomplished more for the average citizen than Trump had accomplished in 4 years.

With the above being said, your claim that Trump would beat Biden if the election were held today has merit. BTW, 2020 Electoral College results, Biden 306, Trump 232. And the 2016 Electoral College Results Trump 304 Clinton 227. In both elections Trump LOST the popular vote.

Too much sex is still not enough.

Danno

You keep saying that, but can't give an example why he was better.
Just tap me on the head if I overstay my welcome

bats

Quote from: Danno on Oct 28, 2023, 04:41 PMYou keep saying that, but can't give an example why he was better.
If someone says it on YouTube, it must be true.

Danno

People are give Biden a hard time about his age, but Ivanka is 42 and she can't remember anything
Just tap me on the head if I overstay my welcome

Romanticlover

Yeah but Ivanka is still hotter than Biden. lol

The election is one year from now and Trump is leading the other Republican candidates by 30 points, he's leading Biden
by 8 points. RFK Jr is taking potential votes away from both Biden and Trump, I saw it's a virtual tie between them with young(under 35) voters. It's still one year away and anything could happen: Trump goes to prison, Biden has a stroke, Biden passes the baton to Newsom, RFK Jr drops out, who knows
Are we having fun yet?

Blkfyre

Quote from: Romanticlover on Nov 10, 2023, 11:49 AMYeah but Ivanka is still hotter than Biden. lol

The election is one year from now and Trump is leading the other Republican candidates by 30 points, he's leading Biden
by 8 points. RFK Jr is taking potential votes away from both Biden and Trump, I saw it's a virtual tie between them with young(under 35) voters. It's still one year away and anything could happen: Trump goes to prison, Biden has a stroke, Biden passes the baton to Newsom, RFK Jr drops out, who knows

A year before 2020 Trump had an even bigger lead than he does now and we know what happened...

Romanticlover

Quote from: Blkfyre on Nov 10, 2023, 12:09 PMA year before 2020 Trump had an even bigger lead than he does now and we know what happened...

Yeah it was stolen. lol j/k
Are we having fun yet?

bladegunner

recall when michelle said she's presently proud to be american? isn't it ironic? dontcha think?

HighStepper

Quote from: bladegunner on Nov 10, 2023, 06:30 PMrecall when michelle said she's presently proud to be american? isn't it ironic? dontcha think?
2008 In Milwaukee, Michelle Obama said:
"People in this country are ready for change and hungry for a different kind of politics and ... for the first time in my adult life I am proud of my country because it feels like hope is finally making a comeback.

Michelle Obama noted her husband's primary victory in South Carolina and continued by saying:
" And then he went on to win throughout the country. And when's the last time we've seen a candidate -- male, female, whatever party -- who has been able to pull together victories that included Utah and Idaho and Louisiana and Maine and Washington and Illinois. I don't think we've seen that. But what we've learned over this year is that hope is making a comeback. It is making a comeback and let me tell you something: For the first time in my adult lifetime, I'm really proud of my country and not just because Barack has done well, but because I think people are hungry for change. And I have been desperate to see our country moving in that direction and just not feeling so alone in my frustration and disappointment. I've seen people who are hungry to be unified around some basic common issues and it's made me proud."

Asked the day after the Wisconsin primary, which her husband won, if she wanted to clarify her remarks, Obama said:
"What I was clearly talking about was that I'm proud in how Americans are engaging in the political process. For the first time in my lifetime, I'm seeing people rolling up their sleeves in a way that I haven't seen and really trying to figure this out -- and that's the source of pride that I was talking about."
POLITFACT

American patriotism has faced a steep decline among young adults over the last decade and now sits at a record low. In the most recent Gallup poll, Americans 55 and older were nearly 3 times more likely to be extremely prideful of their nationality than younger generations. Link

Too much sex is still not enough.

dogwalker

Bande is actually totally right in his original post.  Yes there were some polls recently showing all sorts of trends. When I saw the results, for example, of a Biden vs. Trump POPULAR vote I said (again) "I don't care."  What matters is the electoral college vote.  For that one does not really need a poll to predict the results.  There are 535 electoral votes that generally always vote according to the party affiliations of the 100 senators + 435 representatives (=535 total). So, since among all those, the Republicans currently have the majority, Trump would win if the election was held today particularly since those electoral votes would likely be highly polarized.  Few if any would probably switch party affiliation.

However bats is correct too.  The Presidential vote is not today.  How many Republican and Democratic senators and representative there are after the Nov., 2024 election will not be known until the same time as the Presidential election and very well might be different.