Tim Scott Drops Out

Started by HighStepper, Nov 13, 2023, 12:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HighStepper

Republican Senator Tim Scott announced that he is suspending his presidential campaign.
Link
Too much sex is still not enough.

bats

According to the linked article, Scott had this to say in response to a suggestion that he might be a V.P. hopeful:

"I'll be honest with you, I ran for president to be president. I believe I could have taken this country to new heights with great unity on conservative principles."

He said, "That's what the Lord put in my heart. I think I was called to run. I was not called to win. But I certainly was called to run."

Man, the Lord is a strange political operative. He might call on you to run, but not to win?

Why would the Lord do that? Lord only knows.

dogwalker

Haha yeh.  Well he may have influenced some people and had an effect on a few.
Just tens of millions of votes short of the Presidency is all.
Trump's running mate?  I'd predict no.
Would skirt chaser Trump select Nikki Haley?
Traditionally someone from a state critical to win might be better though.

HighStepper

Agree, Tim Scott is an inferior imitation of Mike Pence who was selected to bring in the Evangelical vote.

If Republicans were serious about kicking Biden out of the White House they would make Nicky Haley the Republican nominee. Trump would never select her as a running mate. She has too much of dominant personality for him.

Romanticlover

Scott was polling poorly that's why he dropped out, Haley is in a tie with DeSantis at 18%. I suspect Haley will drop out early next year after the spring primaries. Christie and Ramalamadingdong is just doing this for their egos, they don't stand a chance.

Trump has a huge lead:

https://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-press/meetthepressblog/gop-race-iowa-remains-virtually-unchanged-scotts-exit-poll-finds-rcna124959
Are we having fun yet?

HighStepper