Republican Senator Wants to Fight Witness

Started by bats, Nov 15, 2023, 09:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bats

In another sign of the emotional dysfunction of Republicans, a United States Senator from Oklahoma challenged a witness to a fight during a hearing yesterday.

bats

Here's a shot of the tough guy when those "tourists" were visiting on January 6th:

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

HighStepper

Quote from: bats on Nov 15, 2023, 09:11 PMHere's a shot of the tough guy when those "tourists" were visiting on January 6th:
Not sure what the picture shows. Is he cowering, or getting ready to pounce into action. He helped police to barricade the doors at the back of the House chamber, Link

Quote from: bats on Nov 15, 2023, 09:09 PMIn another sign of the emotional dysfunction of Republicans, a United States Senator from Oklahoma challenged a witness to a fight during a hearing yesterday.
Teamsters president Sean O'Brien has a history of being involved with old school thuggery, such as extortion and threats of violence.

Senator Markwayne Mullin is a former undefeated Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) cage fighter.  Also, he was inducted into the Oklahoma Wrestling Hall of Fame in 2016. O'Brien was selling wolf tickets in calling out Mullin in social media.

As Bernie Sanders pointed out, "you are a United States Senator." As such, Mullin needs to learn how to deal with the political hecklers on social media.

Too much sex is still not enough.

bats

Quote from: HighStepper on Nov 16, 2023, 11:48 AMNot sure what the picture shows. Is he cowering, or getting ready to pounce into action. He helped police to barricade the doors at the back of the House chamber, Link
Someone posted that photo on Twitter, and I fell for the implication that Mullin was cowering in fear. It was a cheap shot, and I reposted it here. My bad.

But, as you suggested, he still needs to learn to act like an adult in the Senate.

dogwalker

He might have lost his cell phone.  Unless you were there......which I guessing you weren't.....keep on speculating....it's less than worthless.

thaikhan

Why not just give them both pistols and let them duel