Olympic Beach Volley ball, ruined

Started by CigarMan, Jul 30, 2024, 07:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CigarMan

HighStepper

A 'Brief' History
Beach volleyball's seaside origins explain why for years, athletes have worn uniforms resembling swimwear, i.e. bikini briefs. "Beach volleyball was a sport that was developed in Hawaii and Southern California and on the beaches of Rio," Olympic medalist April Ross told the Associated Press in 2021. "You play, and it's hot, and then you go and jump in the water."

Even a little rain doesn't stop the game: some beach volleyball athletes at the 2024 Paris Olympics, for example, have been faced with showers as Paris continues to brace for gloomy weather. "This is just another reason why we play in bathing suits," May-Treanor said following a downpour at the 2008 Games.

Why Some Athletes Prefer Bikinis
Many beach volleyball players say that bikinis are optimal for the sport. Two-pieces prevent sand from getting trapped in the uniform, therefore distracting from play. According to Kessy, this is the reason why she doesn't wear a one-piece.

"It was restricting and limited my movements - imagine diving chest first and lodging more sand than you care to think down the front of your suit. You can't keep it in there and it is not easy to get out. I found myself adjusting my one-piece all the time and while it was embarrassing, sure, it also took my focus off the match I was playing," she explained to Today. Athletes Prefer Bikinis

In the upcoming Paris 2024 Olympics, beach volleyball players have the option to choose their attire based on their comfort and cultural preferences. While many teams still prefer to wear bikinis for performance reasons, others may opt for the uniforms we don't like, lol.

Hopefully Teams USA, Kelly Cheng and Sara Hughes, as well as Taryn Kloth and Kristen Nuss, will continue wearing bikinis. We will have to watch and see.
Too much sex is still not enough.

Tuscano

As a teen, I found my dad a huge fan of women's ice skating competitions. So I asked him, WTF?

He pulled the popsicle out of his mouth, looked at me, and said, " Are you not seeing those asses on the ice?"

Vorresti essere me