Will your job be replaced by robotics?

Started by Hobby, Jul 28, 2024, 02:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hobby

The day is here, many jobs are being replaced by robotics.  Some day it could be your job.  My daughter ownes a corporation that uses cameras and robotics to perform quality control on final inspection of food beverage drug etc manufacturing.  She told me for each manufacturing line her equipment is installed lays of 17 to 20 employees.  So what will people do if they get layed off by automation?
Hobby

HighStepper

There was a time when people worked 16 hours a day or more. It wasn't until 1940 that the 40 hour work week was set by law.

There will need to be a paradigm shift as to what work should look like for people. Also, how people will have the money needed to live on.
Too much sex is still not enough.

Hobby

Quote from: HighStepper on Jul 28, 2024, 03:38 PMThere was a time when people worked 16 hours a day or more. It wasn't until 1940 that the 40 hour work week was set by law.

There will need to be a paradigm shift as to what work should look like for people. Also, how people will have the money needed to live on.

You know who started the 40 hr work week?  Henry Ford.  He realized that after 40 hours was the work week limit for his workers so he changed to 40 hrs per week and paid them the same.
Hobby

Fathernature69

As AI continues to improve I expect it to do away with lower level assistant and the entry level. 

We already have a form of it, but because most of our clients are X's or older who expect a personal touch, but as the milanials age and move into leadership position I expect the more simplistic jobs currently completed at entry level or low level to be eliminated.

dogwalker

Danno

retired, but doubt they will be replacing my career field.
Just tap me on the head if I overstay my welcome

Danno

The 40hr work rules on OT pay is one of the things in project 2025. They want to change it to over 170 hrs/ month before you get OT pay. So they can work you to death the 1st 3 weeks then tell you to stay home so you don't get OT pay.

Hobby

Quote from: Danno on Jul 29, 2024, 04:24 PMThe 40hr work rules on OT pay is one of the things in project 2025. They want to change it to over 170 hrs/ month before you get OT pay. So they can work you to death the 1st 3 weeks then tell you to stay home so you don't get OT pay.

There are 168 hrs min and 176 max in a work month.  If you are working in 176 work month you get straight pay until you go over 176.  So I don't understand where the 170 comes in
Hobby

Danno

wasn't sure the exact number, just rounded 170. my work place used 173.3 hr as a month

Quote from: Hobby on Jul 29, 2024, 06:08 PMThere are 168 hrs min and 176 max in a work month.  If you are working in 176 work month you get straight pay until you go over 176.  So I don't understand where the 170 comes in

Danno

best get a job that trouble shoots and repairs the equipment

HighStepper

HighStepper

Quote from: Danno on Jul 30, 2024, 10:22 AMbest get a job that trouble shoots and repairs the equipment
Excellent advice. Have a friend that had the skills and made good money.

Danno

Yup, pay was great being a Journeyman Electrician for 40 years

citylyts

Well I was at my Walmart and they now have a robotic floor cleaner running down the isles . It was fun watching it go up and down the isles and not hitting anything.

Tuscano

The robots will be working for me...

"You can delegate authority but not responsibility"
Funny Funny x 1 View List
Vorresti essere me