Will your job be replaced by robotics?

Started by Hobby, Jul 28, 2024, 02:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hobby

Quote from: Danno on Jul 30, 2024, 10:22 AMbest get a job that trouble shoots and repairs the equipment

They have AI robots to do that...
Hobby

Fathernature69

Quote from: Danno on Jul 29, 2024, 04:24 PMThe 40hr work rules on OT pay is one of the things in project 2025. They want to change it to over 170 hrs/ month before you get OT pay. So they can work you to death the 1st 3 weeks then tell you to stay home so you don't get OT pay.

I wish I could clock in and out at 40 hours a week.

My job requires a minimum of 50hours a week and it's not unusual for me to be onwards of 55 hours a week.

Today I started at 7.30pm and just logged off the network after 9pm.

It's not unusual for me to work 10 hour days and a part of a weekend. 

Danno

They aren't paying you for the hrs you work? sounds like you need a better union, or new job

Quote from: Fathernature69 on Jul 30, 2024, 10:10 PMI wish I could clock in and out at 40 hours a week.

My job requires a minimum of 50hours a week and it's not unusual for me to be onwards of 55 hours a week.

Quote from: Hobby on Jul 30, 2024, 08:28 PMThey have AI robots to do that...
Just tap me on the head if I overstay my welcome

Danno

Robot Electrician? Doubt that will happen.

Quote from: Hobby on Jul 30, 2024, 08:28 PMThey have AI robots to do that...
Just tap me on the head if I overstay my welcome

HighStepper

Quote from: Tuscano on Jul 30, 2024, 07:46 PM"You can delegate authority but not responsibility"
Well said. Delegate authority and create responsibility. Also, cannot delegate responsibility without giving the authority needed to carry out the responsibility. 
Too much sex is still not enough.

zep

My best years were once I learned the value of delegation. I made a decision to actually go with HR and interview my own hires at various Universities. I selected "MY" people, trained them and delegated.  My last 10 years, I was totally surrounded by young, aggressive, intelligent people, who could do my job better than me!  I've been retired for 15 years and still have eight of my "young people" reach out to me for advice now and then.  Very rewarding!

Hobby

Quote from: Fathernature69 on Jul 30, 2024, 10:10 PMI wish I could clock in and out at 40 hours a week.

Some day your job may be replaced by AI. 
Hobby

Fathernature69

Quote from: Hobby on Jul 31, 2024, 02:33 PMSome day your job may be replaced by AI. 

By the end of my career several of the lower level staff will be replaced by AI.  It's here already, just in its primitive form.

We have systems which could handle the lower level issues, but someone has to click the boxes and provide a summary.  Currently, the way the system is set up that is the end user (client). 

Most of our clients (including a nameless somebody from this site who was in our office a few months ago) are old farts who don't want to complete data entry and perfer hands on touch.  Once the hand held computer generation starts gaining assets AI in my field will become prevalent. 

Fathernature69

Quote from: Danno on Jul 31, 2024, 09:05 AMThey aren't paying you for the hrs you work? sounds like you need a better union, or new job

I am paid based upon my billable hours.  More hours I work, the more I get paid.