The Convict imploding while speaking to the NABJ as expected

Started by Blkfyre, Jul 31, 2024, 01:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blkfyre

The level of cringe and just awfulness that is the Convict talking to the NABJ can not be underestimated:

https://www.nbcchicago.com/dnc-chicago-2024/all-of-a-sudden-trump-tells-black-journalists-in-chicago-that-kamala-harris-turned-black/3507125/

Speaking to a room of Black journalists in Chicago, former President Donald Trump said his opponent in the presidential race, Vice President Kamala Harris, "turned Black" a number of years ago.

When answering a question about Republicans labeling Harris a "DEI hire," Trump asked for the reporter's definition of DEI and appeared to question Harris' heritage.

"So I've known her a long time - indirectly, not directly very much - and she was always of Indian heritage. And she was only promoting Indian heritage. I didn't know she was Black until a number of years ago when she happened to turn Black," Trump said. "And now she wants to be known as Black. So I don't know, is she Indian or is she Black?"

He went on to say the change happened "all of a sudden," when she "made a turn and she became a Black."

As for whether he thinks Harris is a "DEI hire," Trump said he didn't know.

"Could be," he said.

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/07/31/trump-black-journalist-convention-nabj.html

ABC News senior congressional correspondent Rachel Scott, one of three journalists interviewing Trump before a live audience, began by asking why Black voters should trust him in light of his prior attacks on Black reporters.

Trump lashed out, calling the introduction "very rude" and saying the question was "disgraceful" and asked in a "horrible manner."

"I love the Black population in this country," he said, claiming, "I have been the best president for the Black population since Abraham Lincoln."

Trump was then asked to clarify what he meant when, in prior remarks, he referred to "Black jobs."

"A Black job is anybody that has a job," he explained.

"That's what it is. Anybody that has -- they're taking the employment away from Black people," he went on, apparently referring to undocumented immigrants. "They're coming in, and they're coming in, they're invading."

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/watch-live-trump-speaks-at-national-association-of-black-journalists-conference-in-chicago

Scott asked Trump about his pledge to pardon people convicted for their roles in the Jan. 6, 2021, riot at the U.S. Capitol and specifically whether he would pardon those who assaulted police officers.

Trump said, "Oh, absolutely I would," and said, "If they're innocent, I would pardon them."

Scott pointed out they have been convicted and therefore are not innocent.

"Well, they were convicted by a very, very tough system," he said.

He then falsely claimed that people were not arrested in the unrest in Minneapolis and other cities following the death of George Floyd by Minneapolis police in 2020.

Trump also sought to compare the 2021 insurrection at the Capitol to pro-Gaza protests near the same building last week, in which there were skirmishes with police and many demonstrators were arrested for publicly defacing property with anti-Semitic tropes and propaganda. There were no reported injuries of police or protesters at the recent demonstrations, unlike the Capitol riot, where a mob of Trump's angry supporters assaulted more than 140 police officers.

As Trump made the comparison, a man in the back of the room shouted out: "Sir, have you no shame?"

https://abc7chicago.com/post/donald-trump-visiting-chicago-former-president-appearing-nabj-2024-convention-hilton-michigan-avenue/15125887/

"I want to start by addressing the elephant in the room, sir. A lot of people did not think it was appropriate for you to be here today," Scott said. "You have pushed false claims about some of your rivals, from Nikki Haley to former President Barack Obama, saying that they were not born in the United States, which is not true. You have told four congressmen, women of color, who were American citizens, to go back to where they came from. You have used words like 'animal' and 'rabbit' to describe Black district attorneys. You've attacked Black journalists, calling them a 'loser,' saying the questions that they ask are, 'stupid and racist.' You've had dinner with a white supremacist at your Mar a Lago resort."

"So, my question, sir, now that you are asking Black supporters to vote for you, why should Black voters trust you after you have used language like that?" Scott asked.

"Well, first of all, I don't think I've ever been asked a question. So, in such a horrible manner, a first question. You don't even say hello. Who are you? Are you with ABC? Because I think they're a fake news network. A terrible network," Trump began.

Oh, and his team, seeing the train wreck this had become, rushed him away from the venue way ahead of schedule.

This is what it looks like when someone is imploding folks, but yeah, go ahead and continue support for your "Very stable Genius"...

Hobby

Trump only likes black people when it comes time to vote.  Trump has been known to host parties having black employees stay in the kitchen away from his white friends. 

I watched the interview and Trump was mean and nasty and tried several times to divert the question or not answer at all by attacking Biden and Harris.  It was obvious Trump did not want to be there.
Hobby

Blkfyre

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

This is the type of person we need as a Presidential Debate moderator.

Rockeyhard

Yeah that's why black and Hispanic unemployment was the lowest in history when he was president!  I guess that's nothing he's done for blacks right?  Go ahead and keep your blinders on tight!

Blkfyre

Quote from: Rockeyhard on Jul 31, 2024, 04:05 PMYeah that's why black and Hispanic unemployment was the lowest in history when he was president!  I guess that's nothing he's done for blacks right?  Go ahead and keep your blinders on tight!

https://www.cnn.com/2024/06/16/politics/fact-check-trump-biden-black-unemployment-poverty/index.html

Facts First: Trump's claims about having achieved the lowest Black unemployment rate and poverty rate ever recorded were true when he made them before Biden took office, but they are not true today. Both of the record lows set during Trump's presidency were surpassed by new record lows during Biden's presidency.

The record low for the Black or African American unemployment rate, 4.8%, was set under Biden in April 2023. That beat the Trump-era low that was a record at the time, 5.3% in August 2019 and September 2019. (A cautionary note: This official data series goes back only to 1972.)

You were saying? I guess your blinders are firmly in place huh?

Danno

Beautiful Beautiful x 1 View List
Just tap me on the head if I overstay my welcome

HighStepper

Quote from: Rockeyhard on Jul 31, 2024, 04:05 PMYeah that's why black and Hispanic unemployment was the lowest in history when he was president!  I guess that's nothing he's done for blacks right?  Go ahead and keep your blinders on tight!
Black unemployment: Record low set in 2023 under Biden
Black poverty: Record low set in 2022 under Biden Link
Too much sex is still not enough.

Hobby

Quote from: Danno on Jul 31, 2024, 06:12 PMjust like that, Trump is a Christian

Trump will be anything you want if you will vote for him. If he wins he will call you a sucker and loser.
Hobby

Blkfyre

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

And yes, all of those things happened after the debate...

Blkfyre

https://thehill.com/homenews/4805335-trump-attacks-harris-race-nabj/

Veteran GOP political pundit Scott Jennings said former President Trump made a big mistake with his remarks about Democratic presidential nominee Kamala Harris's race during a gathering of Black journalists in Chicago on Wednesday.

"He did crap the bed. ... The only question is whether he's going to roll around in it or get up and change the sheets," Jennings, a CNN contributor, said after Trump fielded questions at the National Association of Black Journalists (NABJ) convention Wednesday.

Trump has faced intense backlash after he took aim at his Democratic rival, the first female vice president and the first vice president of color, by questioning her race and falsely claiming Harris only promoted her Indian heritage in the past.

Even people on his own side are starting to see the absolute mess The Convict is...

Bande

When answering a question about Republicans labeling Harris a "DEI hire," Trump asked for the reporter's definition of DEI and appeared to question Harris' heritage.

"So I've known her a long time - indirectly, not directly very much - and she was always of Indian heritage. And she was only promoting Indian heritage. I didn't know she was Black until a number of years ago when she happened to turn Black," Trump said. "And now she wants to be known as Black. So I don't know, is she Indian or is she Black?"

He went on to say the change happened "all of a sudden," when she "made a turn and she became a Black."

As for whether he thinks Harris is a "DEI hire," Trump said he didn't know.

"Could be," he said.

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/07/31/trump-black-journalist-convention-nabj.html

ABC News senior congressional correspondent Rachel Scott, one of three journalists interviewing Trump before a live audience, began by asking why Black voters should trust him in light of his prior attacks on Black reporters.

Trump lashed out, calling the introduction "very rude" and saying the question was "disgraceful" and asked in a "horrible manner."

"I love the Black population in this country," he said, claiming, "I have been the best president for the Black population since Abraham Lincoln."

Trump was then asked to clarify what he meant when, in prior remarks, he referred to "Black jobs."

"A Black job is anybody that has a job," he explained.

"That's what it is. Anybody that has -- they're taking the employment away from Black people," he went on, apparently referring to undocumented immigrants. "They're coming in, and they're coming in, they're invading."

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/watch-live-trump-speaks-at-national-association-of-black-journalists-conference-in-chicago

Scott asked Trump about his pledge to pardon people convicted for their roles in the Jan. 6, 2021, riot at the U.S. Capitol and specifically whether he would pardon those who assaulted police officers.

Trump said, "Oh, absolutely I would," and said, "If they're innocent, I would pardon them."

Scott pointed out they have been convicted and therefore are not innocent.

"Well, they were convicted by a very, very tough system," he said.

He then falsely claimed that people were not arrested in the unrest in Minneapolis and other cities following the death of George Floyd by Minneapolis police in 2020.

Trump also sought to compare the 2021 insurrection at the Capitol to pro-Gaza protests near the same building last week, in which there were skirmishes with police and many demonstrators were arrested for publicly defacing property with anti-Semitic tropes and propaganda. There were no reported injuries of police or protesters at the recent demonstrations, unlike the Capitol riot, where a mob of Trump's angry supporters assaulted more than 140 police officers.

As Trump made the comparison, a man in the back of the room shouted out: "Sir, have you no shame?"

https://abc7chicago.com/post/donald-trump-visiting-chicago-former-president-appearing-nabj-2024-convention-hilton-michigan-avenue/15125887/

"I want to start by addressing the elephant in the room, sir. A lot of people did not think it was appropriate for you to be here today," Scott said. "You have pushed false claims about some of your rivals, from Nikki Haley to former President Barack Obama, saying that they were not born in the United States, which is not true. You have told four congressmen, women of color, who were American citizens, to go back to where they came from. You have used words like 'animal' and 'rabbit' to describe Black district attorneys. You've attacked Black journalists, calling them a 'loser,' saying the questions that they ask are, 'stupid and racist.' You've had dinner with a white supremacist at your Mar a Lago resort."

"So, my question, sir, now that you are asking Black supporters to vote for you, why should Black voters trust you after you have used language like that?" Scott asked.

"Well, first of all, I don't think I've ever been asked a question. So, in such a horrible manner, a first question. You don't even say hello. Who are you? Are you with ABC? Because I think they're a fake news network. A terrible network," Trump began.

Oh, and his team, seeing the train wreck this had become, rushed him away from the venue way ahead of schedule.

This is what it looks like when someone is imploding folks, but yeah, go ahead and continue support for your "Very stable Genius"...

[/quote]

So, you are saying Kamala did not flip to being black?
Kamala did not play Indian in California's politics?
Kamala did not play a southern gal at a recent rally?
Kamala plays the system.
Kamala got into politics how?
Kamala flip flops for the moment.
Kamala plays the system.
Not to forget Kamala great accompishments with the border.
What has Kamala accomplished as V.P. ?

Bande

Bande

Quote from: Hobby on Jul 31, 2024, 07:34 PMTrump will be anything you want if you will vote for him. If he wins he will call you a sucker and loser.

You are saying if one loses he is not a loser? Sounding like a Demoncrat. Give them a flag for participation. LMAO

Blkfyre

Quote from: Bande on Aug 01, 2024, 05:48 PMSo, you are saying Kamala did not flip to being black?
Kamala did not play Indian in California's politics?
Kamala did not play a southern gal at a recent rally?
Kamala plays the system.
Kamala got into politics how?
Kamala flip flops for the moment.
Kamala plays the system.
Not to forget Kamala great accompishments with the border.
What has Kamala accomplished as V.P. ?

Harris is biracial, with her mother being Indian and father Jamaican.

Harris was a student at Howard, the historically Black university. She was also a member of Alpha Kappa Alpha, a Black sorority more than a century old with chapters across the country. Harris joined AKA as a student in 1986 and has been an active presence in the group ever since.

There was no "all of a sudden" anything, and to claim so is disingenuous to say the least, flat-out lying at best.

Blkfyre

Quote from: Bande on Aug 01, 2024, 05:51 PMYou are saying if one loses he is not a loser? Sounding like a Demoncrat. Give them a flag for participation. LMAO

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/11/03/us/elections/results-president.html

Presidential Election Results: Biden Wins

Joseph R. Biden Jr. was elected the 46th president of the United States. Mr. Biden defeated President Trump after winning Pennsylvania, which put his total of Electoral College votes above the 270 he needed to clinch the presidency.

So yes, by your logic, The Convict most certainly and positively is a **loser**