BILLIONAIRES

Started by Hobby, Aug 10, 2024, 10:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hobby

There is no reason for anyone to be worth a billion or billions. I can see companies being worth that much but not the owner.  How many homeless do we have? A billion dollars is like a 1000 times more than they need to live. The government should tax billionaires 75% of total income they receive and not collect social security they don't need it.
Hobby

bats

I don't know about this. Without all his billions, Elon Musk couldn't have become one of the world's most influential trolls.

Rockeyhard

Spoken like a true liberal!  What a way to punish someone for success and give to others that don't deserve it.

Hobby

Quote from: Rockeyhard on Aug 11, 2024, 09:37 AMSpoken like a true liberal!  What a way to punish someone for success and give to others that don't deserve it.

If was for regular people buying from these billionaires they would not be successful now would they.  If they profit this much they should give back.
Hobby

Oldranger

Danno

A good way to understand Exponentials: 1 million seconds ago was 11 days ago. 1 billion seconds ago was 1992 (31 years ago)
Just tap me on the head if I overstay my welcome

Danno

Trump has be entitled his entire life, leaving a trail of broke people.

Quote from: Oldranger on Aug 11, 2024, 11:32 AM

Rockeyhard

Trump has given thousands and thousands of people jobs.  He's been very successful in life. 

Hobby

Quote from: Rockeyhard on Aug 11, 2024, 12:09 PMTrump has given thousands and thousands of people jobs.  He's been very successful in life. 

So? He belongs in prison for his crimes...
Hobby

Danno

most of those didn't get paid what is owed to them. Famous for saying. I'll give you the next job, because I'm not paying you for this one.

Quote from: Rockeyhard on Aug 11, 2024, 12:09 PMTrump has given thousands and thousands of people jobs.  He's been very successful in life. 

successful? Bankrupt 6 times. guess you have low standards. Another way he gets out paying what he owes. Then he had the law changed to only businesses can go bankrupt and not pay up. The average persons bankruptcies, such as going broke from medical expenses. get no break from paying up.

Rockeyhard

Quote from: Danno on Aug 11, 2024, 12:39 PMmost of those didn't get paid what is owed to them. Famous for saying. I'll give you the next job, because I'm not paying you for this one.
How fucking ridiculous!  He currently has thousands of people employed!

Romanticlover

According to Wikipedia the Trump organization employs 22,450 people, Elon Musk employs about 27,000 people through all of his companies.
Are we having fun yet?

bats

Quote from: Rockeyhard on Aug 11, 2024, 12:40 PMHow fucking ridiculous!  He currently has thousands of people employed!
Trump exploits undocumented immigrants for cheap labor while he complains they're taking jobs from Americans. He's a great guy!

Danno

But does he pay them what they are owed? FUCK NO

Quote from: Rockeyhard on Aug 11, 2024, 12:40 PMHow fucking ridiculous!  He currently has thousands of people employed!

dogwalker

I used to work for a billionaire.  I reported directly to him.  Interesting person who was not like most.
He was fairly good at doing good.  He gave people jobs including mine.  Gave some away but not much.  Kind of a sleeze bag in some ways.

For some billionaires, after they make a certain amount and know they are set for life it's more about being #1, bragging about who has the longest yacht and stuff like that. Ego and fame.
Funny Funny x 1 View List