The Convict indicted again...

Started by Blkfyre, Aug 27, 2024, 02:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blkfyre

https://ground.news/article/trump-re-charged-in-special-counsel-election-case-due-to-supreme-court-immunity-ruling_e22114

Prosecutors filed a new indictment against Donald Trump following a Supreme Court ruling granting former presidents broad immunity from prosecution.
The indictment drops allegations related to Trump's interactions with the Justice Department while maintaining the same four criminal charges focused on his campaign efforts.

"Today, a federal grand jury in the District of Columbia returned a superseding indictment," Smith wrote in a separate filing to U.S. District Judge Tanya Chutkan, who is handling the case. "The superseding indictment, which was presented to a new grand jury that had not previously heard evidence in this case, reflects the Government's efforts to respect and implement the Supreme Court's holdings."

The "superseding" indictment, as it is known, charges Trump with the same four counts as in the original indictment that was filed a year ago: Conspiracy to defraud the United States, conspiracy to obstruct an official proceeding, obstructing an official proceeding and conspiracy to deprive millions of Americans of their right to have their votes counted.

It follows the same narrative structure, laying out how Trump spent months after losing his 2020 reelection bid laying the groundwork for the violent assault on the Capitol by his mob of followers.

"Despite having lost, the defendant ― who was also the incumbent president ― was determined to remain in power," Smith wrote. "So, for more than two months following election day on November 3, 2020, the defendant spread lies that there had been outcome-determinative fraud in the election [that] he had actually won. These claims were false, and the defendant knew that they were false."

But Smith's new indictment does not reference Trump's efforts to enlist federal government employees in the executive branch — who all technically report to him. For instance, the original indictment had mentioned a Department of Justice official whom Trump considered making his attorney general because of his willingness to tell state officials that voter fraud had occurred. The new indictment does not include the official as a coconspirator, but does still include the other five individuals who were not in government.

The Supreme Court ruled in July that Trump had immunity from prosecution for "official" acts, and specifically cited the ability to hire and fire executive branch employees to carry out his wishes.

The revised indictment, now at 36 pages compared to the 45-page original, still centers on Trump's scheme to have allies in key states won by Biden create fake Electoral College slates and send them to the Senate. The plan was for then-Vice President Mike Pence to use the fake Trump slates instead of the legitimate slates for Democrat Joe Biden and declare Trump the winner.

Rockeyhard

Another bullshit indictment that will get thrown out or dismissed.  Liptards so scared of losing power!  Sad!

Blkfyre

Quote from: Rockeyhard on Aug 27, 2024, 02:37 PMAnother bullshit indictment that will get thrown out or dismissed.  Liptards so scared of losing power!  Sad!

Or, if he did nothing wrong then going through the legal process will result in an innocent finding so why worry about it?

Danno

Throw that orange traitor in a cell already. Still waiting to see the wound on his ear. lol
Just tap me on the head if I overstay my welcome

bats

Quote from: Rockeyhard on Aug 27, 2024, 02:37 PMAnother bullshit indictment that will get thrown out or dismissed.  Liptards so scared of losing power!  Sad!
A grand jury didn't think the evidence was bullshit. Why do you consider any charges against Trump bullshit but when Republicans "investigate" the big bad Democrats they never find any evidence worth even presenting to a grand jury?

I remember when you guys said you were all about law and order. What a load of crap that turned out to be. 

Hobby

I don't see how the indictment is a load of crap when Trump did all the things he is charged with.  Now whether what he did is legal or not is why we have court trials.
Hobby

bats

Quote from: Hobby on Aug 27, 2024, 04:06 PMI don't see how the indictment is a load of crap when Trump did all the things he is charged with.  Now whether what he did is legal or not is why we have court trials.
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

zoezane

For the bullshit, I'll wait till MAGA freak out throwing hate raging tantrums, Trump lost 2024 election.  MTG leaving Washington, she has not made any money, etc etc etc, James Wood, a movie producer. other celebrities in Hollywood can't get work supporting Trump.  On those movie sets, you don't need a MAGA pushing their rude agenda from Trump's serpent head.

Trump MAGA GOP Republicans are not for democracy.  I wonder how MAGA will adjust to the slavery camps Trump will throw them into IF they do one thing wrong and tick Trump off.  That's what they have to look forward too.  Right now MAGA sold their souls and money in support, a never ending, money trump train.  Shaking my head so stupid.

When Trump was in Oval Office, everyone around him ALWAYS praised him even if he was wrong.  Or they would feel the rath of tyrannt Donald Trump.

Trump is blowing off Elon Musk right now.  Elon posted AI break dance of elon, vance and trump.  Trump was NOT in front.  There you go, bye bye Elon Musk.  If he's throwing Musk under the bus what will he do to his MAGA?  You answerd it.
I'm A Dirty Girl Online
I Cuz Like A Sailor

Romanticlover

I'm going to laugh so hard if Trump wins.

Carry on with the TDS...
Are we having fun yet?

Blkfyre

Quote from: Romanticlover on Aug 27, 2024, 07:36 PMI'm going to laugh so hard if Trump wins.

Carry on with the TDS...

And deny things if he loses?

Rockeyhard

Trump will win and the america haters will crawl into their holes and take full advantage of all the benefits.

HighStepper

Quote from: bats on Aug 27, 2024, 03:54 PMA grand jury didn't think the evidence was bullshit.
It should be noted that the evidence was presented to a new grand jury that had not previously heard evidence in this case,
Too much sex is still not enough.

bats

Quote from: Rockeyhard on Aug 27, 2024, 09:25 PMTrump will win and the america haters will crawl into their holes and take full advantage of all the benefits.
I don't know anyone who hates America. But I do know of a certain Republican presidential nominee who regularly demonstrates his distaste for America's core values.

I'm talking about Trump's admiration of dictators around the world. He'd love to be one himself, so he must think America's democracy really sucks.

Think about it. He's on record praising Putin, Kim Jong Un, and, increasingly, Hungary's Victor Orban. All are dictators, whether formally or de facto.

He also wants to dismantle NATO, the alliance that has for 75 years served to protect Western interests against Russian aggression. Hell, Trump would give Putin an assist in his war with Ukraine if he wins in November.

Blkfyre

Quote from: Rockeyhard on Aug 27, 2024, 09:25 PMTrump will win and the america haters will crawl into their holes and take full advantage of all the benefits.
America haters = anyone who doesn't think like MAGA conservatives.

It is just sad that it used to be celebrated that we had a democracy where you were free to think and vote how you felt, and that was ok. It showed off the democratic process.

Now, MAGA conservatives can't abide anyone thinking other than they do and if you do, you are un-American because the ONLY TRUE AMERICANS are MAGA conservatives...

HighStepper

Quote from: Blkfyre on Aug 28, 2024, 07:40 AMAmerica haters = anyone who doesn't think like conservatives.

It is just sad that it used to be celebrated that we had a democracy where you were free to think and vote how you felt, and that was ok. It showed off the democratic process.

Now, conservatives can't abide anyone thinking other than they do and if you do, you are un-American because the ONLY TRUE AMERICANS are conservatives...
First of all Donald Trump is NOT a conservative.

Personally I think we should be more cautious about throwing out labels. One can easily mislabel others. I know you know this as you previously spoke about it The loss of real conservatives

Again, Trump is NOT a conservative and most of the MAGA cult followers are NOT conservatives. They erroneously called themselves as such.

Too much sex is still not enough.