CNN

Started by Bande, Apr 09, 2022, 06:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bats

Quote from: Hobby on Apr 10, 2022, 04:33 PMWTF... What credible witness?
What did Republicans say that was made up?
It's my opinion that Blasey-Ford was most credible. You're not required to agree.

There is a long list of the shit Republicans made up during the KBJ confirmation hearings. Maybe if I feel like it later I'll go over some of it so you can tell me it was all okay and I'm just putting my liberal spin on it.

Fishhunter

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

This whole topic is water under the bridge will never find out. Government knows how to sweep this stuff under the carpet.
Life is what you make it

HighStepper

"Only human" is a sad excuse for the lack of Judicial Temperament.
A Supreme Court Justice is held to a higher standard.
Kavanaugh had a number of response options to answer the Democrats without losing his cool.
Too much sex is still not enough.

Hobby

Quote from: bats on Apr 10, 2022, 05:33 PMIt's my opinion that Blasey-Ford was most credible. You're not required to agree.

There is a long list of the shit Republicans made up during the KBJ confirmation hearings. Maybe if I feel like it later I'll go over some of it so you can tell me it was all okay and I'm just putting my liberal spin on it.

Ford was credible? She did not make a police report and never told her parents.  Told a psychologist her story. Did not say anything when Kavanaugh was appointed to lower courts of appeals.  Then all of sudden she contacts Senator Feinstein who sat on it until the last minute of the confirmation... No one supported Ford or had any recollection of her story. 

So if a provider were to post here in the saloon that Bats raped me we should believe her? Many probably would believe her and just take her word for it. How would that make you feel?  I don't think you would feel too good about it, especially if it is not true but others want to believe that about you.... not without proof would I allow something like that to stand.  I don't care if it is here in the Saloon or the appointment for the Supreme Court wrong is wrong...

bats

Quote from: Hobby on Apr 10, 2022, 07:51 PMFord was credible? She did not make a police report and never told her parents.  Told a psychologist her story. Did not say anything when Kavanaugh was appointed to lower courts of appeals.  Then all of sudden she contacts Senator Feinstein who sat on it until the last minute of the confirmation... No one supported Ford or had any recollection of her story. 

So if a provider were to post here in the saloon that Bats raped me we should believe her? Many probably would believe her and just take her word for it. How would that make you feel?  I don't think you would feel too good about it, especially if it is not true but others want to believe that about you.... not without proof would I allow something like that to stand.  I don't care if it is here in the Saloon or the appointment for the Supreme Court wrong is wrong...
JFC. When the Blasey-Ford allegations came to light I was just waiting to see her speak so I could judge her credibility for myself. Based on the way she answered the questions from both Democrats and Republicans I judged her credible. That she never told the police or her parents isn't at all surprising--women and girls who make allegations of sexual assault are often fearful of talking about it.

I don't know about you, but I'm not interested in re-litigating this nearly four-year-old political issue. And your hypothetical stinks.

HighStepper

It is not at all uncommon for a young teenage girl to not tell her parents about a sexual assault she experienced at a party. Even in adult women the majority of sexual assaults are not reported.

There were even some Republicans like Jeff Flake that said Ford gave compelling and credible testimony. I saw the testimony myself on C-Span. She seemed credible to me. If I were on a jury base on the hearing I would not have voted to find Kavanaugh guilty.

Questioning Ford's credibility is NOT addressing Kavanaugh's lack of Judicial Temperament.

Too much sex is still not enough.

Hobby

Quote from: bats on Apr 10, 2022, 11:00 PMJFC. When the Blasey-Ford allegations came to light I was just waiting to see her speak so I could judge her credibility for myself. Based on the way she answered the questions from both Democrats and Republicans I judged her credible. That she never told the police or her parents isn't at all surprising--women and girls who make allegations of sexual assault are often fearful of talking about it.

I don't know about you, but I'm not interested in re-litigating this nearly four-year-old political issue. And your hypothetical stinks.

Ah, so you can tell by the way someone speaks they are telling the truth. She may well believe her own story and sounding credible doesn't mean her story is true or made up. Perhaps she had a thing back in the day for Kavanaugh and he did not respond to her advances, she in her own mind recreated the events she accused Kavanaugh of doing. And yes the hypothetical did stink wasn't meant to insult you, just get you to think about people making accusations the damage they can cause.

bats

Quote from: Hobby on Apr 10, 2022, 11:30 PMAh, so you can tell by the way someone speaks they are telling the truth.
Every day in this country jurors are asked to evaluate the credibility of witnesses. Sometimes that's the best we can do. Obviously, we're not perfect evaluators, but I've come to trust my own judgment (most of the time).

Hobby

Quote from: bats on Apr 10, 2022, 11:34 PMEvery day in this country jurors are asked to evaluate the credibility of witnesses. Sometimes that's the best we can do. Obviously, we're not perfect evaluators, but I've come to trust my own judgment (most of the time).

Here we go, taking another ride on Bat's spin mobile... Ford was not a witness, she was the accuser making the claim. Democrats turned this into a 3 ring circus shit show. No participants/witnesses came forward to support her. No prosecutor in the US would bring a one legged complaint like this to trial. Your witness analogy blows of hot air!

bats

Quote from: Hobby on Apr 10, 2022, 11:46 PMFord was not a witness, she was the accuser making the claim. Democrats turned this into a 3 ring circus shit show. No participants/witnesses came forward to support her. No prosecutor in the US would bring a one legged complaint like this to trial. Your witness analogy blows of hot air!
She was a witness. Kavanaugh was a witness. That's what people testifying before congressional committees are called.

The only other person who was supposedly in the room was Kavanaugh's high school buddy Mark Judge, who, conveniently for Kavanaugh, was not called to testify because the Republicans blocked the issuance of a subpoena.

Also, this was not a criminal prosecution. Essentially, Kavanaugh was applying for a job, and we citizens are his employers. The rules of evidence in a criminal proceeding weren't relevant.

Hobby

Quote from: bats on Apr 11, 2022, 12:16 AMShe was a witness. Kavanaugh was a witness. That's what people testifying before congressional committees are called.

The only other person who was supposedly in the room was Kavanaugh's high school buddy Mark Judge, who, conveniently for Kavanaugh, was not called to testify because the Republicans blocked the issuance of a subpoena.

Also, this was not a criminal prosecution. Essentially, Kavanaugh was applying for a job, and we citizens are his employers. The rules of evidence in a criminal proceeding weren't relevant.

You are really revving up the spin mobile. What Ford accused Kavanaugh of was a crime. Democrats tried Kavanaugh in the court of public opinion. Kavanaugh did not apply for the job. Trump-appointed him. It was the Senate's job to confirm not to convict.  Had Kavanaugh been a Democrat nominee by Trump you can bet only the Republicans would complain.