Prisons

Started by Hobby, Oct 15, 2024, 10:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hobby

Just my opinion.  I retired from the Department of Corruption and Retaliation CDCR. I really do belive sentencing laws need to be changed to where violent criminals and drug dealer traffickers are held in prison while other inmates of less serious should be allowed to continue their employment but must return to prison when not at work. In many instances crimes results in punishment of the entire family financially. There is no rehab in prison.  Inmates of non violent crimes do their time and return. There was a time when prison was punishment but not anymore. Now it's like sending the kid to his room.  People make mistakes and yes need to be punished but not to the point they may never recover leaving their only option to commit more crime.
Like Like x 1 Beautiful Beautiful x 1 View List
Hobby

Fathernature69

My garbage, recycling, and green waste used to be picked up in one can and sorted by Prison personnel.

Now I have three giant cans.  Per the insert in my bill last month 40% of the recyling trucks my is sent to landfills as us customers cannot read the online 7 page document of what is acceptable recycling and what is trash. 

I used to see Prison work parties trimming trees, weedeating, trimming.  Haven't seen a Prison work party in a long while.

From the outside these were great jobs for Prison personnel. 

Also agree with hobby, the low level offenders should keep their job, including making their restitution payments.

Blkfyre

Quote from: Fathernature69 on Oct 15, 2024, 08:59 PMMy garbage, recycling, and green waste used to be picked up in one can and sorted by Prison personnel.

Now I have three giant cans.  Per the insert in my bill last month 40% of the recyling trucks my is sent to landfills as us customers cannot read the online 7 page document of what is acceptable recycling and what is trash. 

I used to see Prison work parties trimming trees, weedeating, trimming.  Haven't seen a Prison work party in a long while.

Also agree with hobby, the low level offenders should keep their job, including making their restitution payments.

LOL! Karen's already complained about a regular black man walking down the sidewalk on her street. You think she is going to want prisoners anywhere near her?

Not gonna happen ever again...
Like Like x 1 View List

Hobby

Quote from: Fathernature69 on Oct 15, 2024, 08:59 PMMy garbage, recycling, and green waste used to be picked up in one can and sorted by Prison personnel.

They still have outside work crews that are held on minimum yards but not from the higher security levels. Some of the violent criminals should never see the light of day. Driving under the influence arrested and convicted multiple times wind up in prison.  Why?  There are better ways of dealing with drunks.  They should lose their license for 10 years be able to keep employment.  Yes Driving drunk is serious and can be deadly but only when they are drunk. They need to rethink how to deal with people who break the law because how it is dealt with today doesn't work. 
Hobby

dogwalker

I say fuck them all.  I don't want them anywhere near me fucking up my life.