Biden to announce authorization of E15 gasoline

Started by Hobby, Apr 13, 2022, 08:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hobby

Biden to announce authorization of E15 gasoline in an effort to increase US fuel supply, reduce gas prices

President Biden on Tuesday is set to announce that the Environmental Protection Agency will allow E15 gasoline—gasoline that uses a 15% ethanol blend—to be sold in the United States this summer in an effort to expand Americans' access to affordable fuel supply amid the surge in gas prices across the nation.

According to the White House, at current prices, E15 can save a family 10 cents per gallon of gas on average.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/biden-to-announce-e15-gasoline-use-to-help-increase-fuel-supply-reduce-gas-prices

Big Whoopie! 10 cents per gallon reduction on fuel price that is over $5 per gallon! What a Joke.  Nothing more than a publicity stunt to make it appear Biden is doing something about it.  Tell me what has changed at the gas station other than the cost of fuel?  Are they out of fuel? Seems to me if there was such a production shortage gas stations across the country would have empty tanks having to wait for the next delivery. Whenever I go to fill up there is always plenty of epensive gas to sell!

Romanticlover

Another problem is many vehicles can't use E15 unless they are flex fuel compatible:
'Other gas-powered things that cannot use E15, according to the Department of Energy: Motorcycles, heavy-duty vehicles, boats, snowmobiles, chainsaws and gasoline lawn mowers. And if you own a passenger vehicle made before 2001, you shouldn't use E15 in it.'

https://www.cnn.com/2022/04/12/politics/e15-gas-explainer-faq-climate/index.html
'

Are we having fun yet?

HighStepper

Yes, there is not a lot Biden can do to significantly reduce the price of gas at the pump. Factors that are out of the control of a President prevail. However, people don't what to hear that. So, we get the drop in the bucket oil reserves releases and now this. Trying to show activity. Politically can't just do nothing.
Too much sex is still not enough.

Zep

If only our former president hadn't encouraged OPEC to cut production to increase oil prices for Big Oil in the US during the economic melt down.   
We all got two lives. The second one begins when you realize you only have one.

Romanticlover

Everything is Trump's fault even though he's no longer President. lol

I remember when we last pushed ethanol around 14 years ago, it failed because they use feed corn which is also used to feed livestock.
It drove the price of meat up.
Are we having fun yet?

Danno

Just tap me on the head if I overstay my welcome

Blkfyre

Quote from: Romanticlover on Apr 13, 2022, 04:25 PMEverything is Trump's fault even though he's no longer President. lol

I remember when we last pushed ethanol around 14 years ago, it failed because they use feed corn which is also used to feed livestock.
It drove the price of meat up.

Everything was Obama's fault when Trump was president so I am not sure why you are surprised now it's Trump's turn...

Hobby

Quote from: Blkfyre on Apr 14, 2022, 08:49 AMEverything was Obama's fault when Trump was president so I am not sure why you are surprised now it's Trump's turn...

It was Obama's fault... the left-wing media did not hold Obama accountable as they tried to with Trump! Inflation and the surge at the border Biden caused it and is doing nothing to stop it....

Producer Price Index is at 11.2% highest in history!  When Trump was in office it fell to -2%.  Its all over for Biden with a price index this high, he can't turn it around and this means costs are going to go up even higher. 

Blkfyre

Quote from: Hobby on Apr 14, 2022, 10:53 AMIt was Obama's fault... the left-wing media did not hold Obama accountable as they tried to with Trump! Inflation and the surge at the border Biden caused it and is doing nothing to stop it....

Producer Price Index is at 11.2% highest in history!  When Trump was in office it fell to -2%.  Its all over for Biden with a price index this high, he can't turn it around and this means costs are going to go up even higher. 

Not the point. The person I was responding to said "Why blame Trump, he's gone", you have said the same thing. Yet as you just said, you blamed Obama while Trump was in office.

Hobby

Quote from: Blkfyre on Apr 14, 2022, 06:31 PMNot the point. The person I was responding to said "Why blame Trump, he's gone", you have said the same thing. Yet as you just said, you blamed Obama while Trump was in office.

I didn't blame Trump for the stupid shit Obama did! And I don't blame Biden for the mistakes Trump made. I can't blame Biden for being a dumb fuck... but I sure as hell blame the people who voted for him... Now 55% disapprove of Biden  job he isn't doing!  I suspect the disapproval is much higher but Democrats don't want other Democrats and especially admit to Republicans that Biden is an Edsel! Worse than Carter...

bladegunner

obama, imo, is still running the show.biden is circling the drain.

HighStepper

After the Democratic Presidential nominations, it was OK Biden then.
Unfortunately in 2020 the choice was between Biden and Trump.
Given the choice, Biden was the better choice and still remains so.
Too much sex is still not enough.

Hobby

Quote from: HighStepper on Apr 15, 2022, 12:21 AMAfter the Democratic Presidential nominations, it was OK Biden then.
Unfortunately in 2020 the choice was between Biden and Trump.
Given the choice, Biden was the better choice and still remains so.

That's like saying which smells better? Cat Shit or Dog Shit?  The fact is both smells like shit...

Hobby

I made a round trip to Woodland Hills today. Had to stop in Barstow for gas.... 6.99 per gallon... yikes.

Danno

Just tap me on the head if I overstay my welcome