Is Diane Feinstein too old to be in Congress?

Started by Romanticlover, Apr 15, 2022, 01:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Romanticlover

If you watched the SCOTUS confirmation hearing then you saw Sen Feinstein(D) repeat herself when asking questions. The MSM is starting to question if it's time for her to retire, she is 88 years old.

As I mentioned in other threads, I don't think we should have 80+ year old's running our country. At some point in life everyone has to hand the keys over to the younger generation.
Are we having fun yet?

Danno

Get rid of Citizens United and maybe other people can get elected.
Just tap me on the head if I overstay my welcome

Blkfyre

We'd have to get rid of a lot of others as well:

https://fiscalnote.com/blog/how-old-is-the-117th-congress

Personally, I'd prefer if members of congress were like the President, only able to serve a certain number of terms and then be gone for good. That way we could get some new ideas and less old money sitting around collecting fat checks from the government and lobbyists.

Romanticlover

There's not a lot, there's only five that are over 79 years old.
If we don't have an age cap then at the very least they should have to pass a cognitive test.

I agree about term limits but it will never happen because Congress will have to pass a bill and the President will have to sign it.
I think 6 terms in the House and 2 terms in the Senate would be enough.
Are we having fun yet?

HighStepper

Senators over 80, Dianne Feinstein, Chuck Grassley, Bernie Sanders, Mitch McConnell.

I believe there are other more important factors than age when considering the abilities of a Senator. Look at the feckless Ted Cruz at age 51.

I would be supportive of term limits, i.e. 3 terms would give them 18 years in the Senate.
Too much sex is still not enough.

HighStepper

Quote from: Romanticlover on Apr 15, 2022, 02:34 PMI think 6 terms in the House and 2 terms in the Senate would be enough.

That would be 12 years. I could live with that.

DoctorTaco

Diane is not only too old but she is having memory issues. Other members of congress have expressed concern per news reports this week. Naturally, Pelosi had a standard PC answer about how DF is a "workhorse for CA."

Some of these old dudes & dudettes gotta go! We need an amendment place age limits on the House, Congress, VP, and POTUS. Biden is a bumbling idiot. And if he dies we have a whore in Harris who slept with Willie Brown to move up the CA Democrat Party ladder....  rant over.

bats

Quote from: HighStepper on Apr 15, 2022, 02:47 PMSenators over 80, Dianne Feinstein, Chuck Grassley, Bernie Sanders, Mitch McConnell.

We've also got James Inhofe, Patrick Leahy, and Richard Shelby, don't we?

In any case, Grassley is apparently getting ready to run again in November. At age 88.

Romanticlover

Fun fact: Kamala also dated Montel Williams 20 years ago, you know the talk show host.
Are we having fun yet?

HighStepper

Quote from: DoctorTaco on Apr 15, 2022, 02:49 PM... And if he dies we have a whore in Harris who slept with Willie Brown to move up the CA Democrat Party ladder....  rant over.

Wow! Where did that come from? Is the term "whore" being used a pejorative term for a female, or are you suggesting she was working as a provider?

Willie Brown was separated from his wife for more than a decade when he and Harris dated in the mid-1990s. Their relationship ended in 1995. This was not a secret.

No need to like her politically, but why she got to be a Ho? Lol.

Hobby

Quote from: Romanticlover on Apr 15, 2022, 01:43 PMIf you watched the SCOTUS confirmation hearing then you saw Sen Feinstein(D) repeat herself when asking questions. The MSM is starting to question if it's time for her to retire, she is 88 years old.

As I mentioned in other threads, I don't think we should have 80+ year old's running our country. At some point in life everyone has to hand the keys over to the younger generation.

Hell she is more with it than Biden is....lol

Hobby

Quote from: HighStepper on Apr 15, 2022, 05:24 PMWow! Where did that come from? Is the term "whore" being used a pejorative term for a female, or are you suggesting she was working as a provider?

Willie Brown was separated from his wife for more than a decade when he and Harris dated in the mid-1990s. Their relationship ended in 1995. This was not a secret.

I would say Harris was working her way to the top....or fucking her way to the top. 

bats

Quote from: HighStepper on Apr 15, 2022, 05:24 PMWow! Where did that come from? Is the term "whore" being used a pejorative term for a female, or are you suggesting she was working as a provider?

LOL. Exactly what I thought when I saw his post. Does he even know what site he's on? JFC

bats

Quote from: Romanticlover on Apr 15, 2022, 04:58 PMFun fact: Kamala also dated Montel Williams 20 years ago, you know the talk show host.

How is this "fun fact" relevant to anything? You might as well say she lived on XYZ Street 20 years ago.

What is it with some people and their hatred?

Romanticlover

Quote from: bats on Apr 16, 2022, 01:06 AMHow is this "fun fact" relevant to anything? You might as well say she lived on XYZ Street 20 years ago.

What is it with some people and their hatred?

How is your post relevant to anything?
Are we having fun yet?