Is Diane Feinstein too old to be in Congress?

Started by Romanticlover, Apr 15, 2022, 01:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DoctorTaco

Quote from: HighStepper on Apr 15, 2022, 05:24 PMWow! Where did that come from? Is the term "whore" being used a pejorative term for a female, or are you suggesting she was working as a provider?

Willie Brown was separated from his wife for more than a decade when he and Harris dated in the mid-1990s. Their relationship ended in 1995. This was not a secret.

No need to like her politically, but why she got to be a Ho? Lol.

Point taken. She's more of a tramp, not a Ho.

Zep

Damn, a lot of ladies must be tramps if dating a guy who's separated for 10 years is the determining factor.  Why can't all ladies be like Donny's babe.  Classy, educated,  Hahaha. 
We all got two lives. The second one begins when you realize you only have one.

dogwalker

There is no law that limits the ago of someone in Congress.  Strom Thurmond was 100 when he retired from the Senate [Pelosi is 82].
If she can do her job than she is not too old [and yeh I know there will be polar opinions on that here but voters can decide].
Also I've seen a fair amount of age discrimination with regard to hiring and employment going on around me which is illegal but happens anyway so I don't like that in general.

Hobby

Quote from: Zep on Apr 16, 2022, 11:31 AMDamn, a lot of ladies must be tramps if dating a guy who's separated for 10 years is the determining factor.  Why can't all ladies be like Donny's babe.  Classy, educated,  Hahaha. 

She was only dating him for what he could do for her not that she liked him!

Hobby

I believe term limits violate the freedom of choice of the voters. Voters should have the right to vote for whomever they want! Yes, I know the President has term limits I don't agree with this. If the incumbent, is doing a good job then they should continue to be eligible for reelection until such time the voter votes them out.

HighStepper

Quote from: DoctorTaco on Apr 16, 2022, 08:46 AMPoint taken. She's more of a tramp, not a Ho.

The term "tramp" when used for females indicated a promiscuous woman. We don't know that she is promiscuous. How about a slut?
Sluts can be a monogamous slut according to the Urban Dictionary. Submits to the sexual whims of her partner, is available at any time for sex, yet has no sex with anyone outside relationship.

I love sluts.

Jim Jefferies - I Swear to God (Nice Girls & Sluts)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QZLp8ds3fI

Too much sex is still not enough.

HighStepper

Quote from: Hobby on Apr 16, 2022, 01:15 PMI believe term limits violate the freedom of choice of the voters. Voters should have the right to vote for whomever they want! Yes, I know the President has term limits I don't agree with this. If the incumbent, is doing a good job then they should continue to be eligible for reelection until such time the voter votes them out.

Interesting concept. For the President we would need to repeal the 22nd Amendment.

We could then have a "President for Life" like China an essentially Russia.

Hobby

Quote from: HighStepper on Apr 16, 2022, 01:23 PMInteresting concept. For the President we would need to repeal the 22nd Amendment.

We could then have a "President for Life" like China an essentially Russia.

The fact is Trump wanted to be president for life, he used every trick in the book, lying about election results, intimidating state governors, holding a rally to inflame support to go to the capital rioting, and disrupting Congress in an attempt to overthrow the election. Voters voted him out after his first term, the constitution prevailed! So you see I seriously doubt a person could stay president for life. Prior to the amendment, there were no term limits I think our founding fathers wanted people to be elected by freedom of choice and not limited by government rules and limits.

Zep

Idk,  If a President had enough years to load up the Fed and Supreme Court with enough people loyal only to the President, I think the guy or gal could get enough "rulings" to remain in power for his or her lifetime.  The 22nd Amendment safeguards us all from that chance.

The dishonesty in our government is rampant right now..  Citizens United has created this. It's not like it was before say 1960- 1970 when people of high ethics dominated our legislative and Judicial branches. 

Hobby

Quote from: Zep on Apr 16, 2022, 02:12 PMIdk,  If a President had enough years to load up the Fed and Supreme Court with enough people loyal only to the President, I think the guy or gal could get enough "rulings" to remain in power for his or her lifetime.  The 22nd Amendment safeguards us all from that chance.

The dishonesty in our government is rampant right now..  Citizens United has created this. It's not like it was before say 1960- 1970 when people of high ethics dominated our legislative and Judicial branches. 

Do you mean like ethical senators such as Ted Kennedy who let a prostitute drown after his drunk driving resulted in his driving off the road

plunging into a pond?

The Censure Case of Thomas J. Dodd of Connecticut (1967)

Rober Byrd former KKK!

Yep, those were the days my friend, nope no scandals or ethical issues... What planet did you live on in the 60s and 70s?

HighStepper

Quote from: Hobby on Apr 16, 2022, 01:51 PM... I think our founding fathers wanted people to be elected by freedom of choice and not limited by government rules and limits.

Elected by white male landowners (about 20 percent of the total population). But yes, freedom of choice without that choice being limited by government makes sense. Keep in mind their background.

The Founding Fathers generally were privileged being involved in high society. While a number of men could be categorized as "Founding Fathers" generally history notes John Adams, Benjamin Franklin, Alexander Hamilton, James Madison, Thomas Jefferson, and George Washington as the main Founding Fathers.

These were men of substance with their own personal and business pursuits. They served in government as an honorable call to duty. They didn't see it as a lifelong career.

Hobby

Quote from: HighStepper on Apr 16, 2022, 02:51 PMElected by white male landowners (about 20 percent of the total population). But yes, freedom of choice without that choice being limited by government makes sense. Keep in mind their background.

The Founding Fathers generally were privileged being involved in high society. While a number of men could be categorized as "Founding Fathers" generally history notes John Adams, Benjamin Franklin, Alexander Hamilton, James Madison, Thomas Jefferson, and George Washington as the main Founding Fathers.

These were men of substance with their own personal and business pursuits. They served in government as an honorable call to duty. They didn't see it as a lifelong career.

Reading the Declaration of Independence the reader's takeaway might be equality among all men with god-given rights, unless of course, you were black, native indian, The Original Constitution was written by white people, for rich white people. I have no question about this! Only through amendment has the constitution changed over time affording equality for all. However the basic foundation of the United States was founded on freedom from an opressive government.

Zep

Quote from: Hobby on Apr 16, 2022, 02:41 PMDo you mean like ethical senators such as Ted Kennedy who let a prostitute drown after his drunk driving resulted in his driving off the road

plunging into a pond?

The Censure Case of Thomas J. Dodd of Connecticut (1967)

Rober Byrd former KKK!

Yep, those were the days my friend, nope no scandals or ethical issues... What planet did you live on in the 60s and 70s?

haha,  At least all of the Senate wasn't owned by big business.  Obviously there has always been corruption, but nothing to the degree we see now.  Very, very few in congress care about those who vote for them.  They care about those who pay them...  NRA, Walmart, Boeing, Amazon, on and on and on.  Once Businesses could give unlimited money to candidates, we lost representation in congress.

Hobby

Quote from: Zep on Apr 16, 2022, 04:12 PMhaha,  At least all of the Senate wasn't owned by big business.  Obviously there has always been corruption, but nothing to the degree we see now.  Very, very few in congress care about those who vote for them.  They care about those who pay them...  NRA, Walmart, Boeing, Amazon, on and on and on.  Once Businesses could give unlimited money to candidates, we lost representation in congress.

Not as corrupt as today!  Really? There have always been corrupt politicians! Politicians, Lawyers and Used Car Salemen are interchangeable. You how to tell the difference between a polictian and a snake ran over on the road?  Skid marks after the snake!

Fishhunter

This whole post is hilarious!
Look how old are President is
... LOL 🤣
Dianne feinstein should have handed over the keys a long time ago.... time for some new blood....
Life is what you make it