What McCarthy said about Trump

Started by Hobby, Apr 23, 2022, 07:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hobby

I don't know Kevin but I do know Mark his brother.  I worked with Mark for about 3 years and I can tell you if Kevin is anything like Mark, Kevin is a fucking liar and kiss ass!

The Republican Party is facing a new moment of reckoning tied to its top leaders and the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol.

It follows the release of two private audio conversations involving House Republican Leader Kevin McCarthy, including a new tape in which he claims Trump admitted some responsibility for the insurrection.

"I've been very clear to the president: He bears responsibility for his words and actions, no ifs ands or buts," McCarthy is heard telling the House Republican conference in a Jan. 11, 2021 call. "I asked him personally today does he hold responsibility for what happened? Does he feel bad about what happened? He told me he does have some responsibility for what happened ... And he needs to acknowledge that."

That tape was released on Friday as part of a book tour for New York Times reporters Jonathan Martin and Alex Burns, who have shared new details about the Republican ire that played out behind closed doors soon after the siege.

A day earlier, Martin and Burns shared another McCarthy tape from a Jan. 10, 2021 House Republican leadership call. Before the audio was released late Thursday, McCarthy had denied he recommended Trump resign during that call. However, the tape exposed that was a lie.

Read more...

https://www.npr.org/2022/04/23/1094396209/republicans-face-a-new-reckoning-over-what-gop-house-leader-mccarthy-said-about-

HighStepper

Kevin McCarthy is pathetic. He has been burning up with desire to be the House Speaker. He has been kissing ass all over the place.

He knew that Trump had committed a crime. Hence his comments about not wanting to get in the middle of a Mike Pence pardon if Trump followed his suggestion to resign the Presidency.

He caved to the Trump MAGA wing of the party, tying to keep their support for becoming Speaker should the Republicans take the House after the midterm elections.

He threw Liz Chaney under the bus, knowing all along she was right and following principles of truth.

Too much sex is still not enough.

Hobby

Sounds like rotten apples that drop from the tree don't roll very far apart! I knew Devin Nunes for like 30 years long before he became a congressman. My mom, aunt, and Devin's grandmother Evelyn were good friends for years and years. Devin was a really decent, honest good guy until he got involved with Trump. Devin resigned from congress to work for Trump, that won't last long...

HighStepper

Quote from: Hobby on Apr 23, 2022, 06:11 PMSounds like rotten apples that drop from the tree don't roll very far apart! I knew Devin Nunes for like 30 years long before he became a congressman. My mom, aunt, and Devin's grandmother Evelyn were good friends for years and years. Devin was a really decent, honest good guy until he got involved with Trump. Devin resigned from congress to work for Trump, that won't last long...

"Bad company corrupts good character."

Elon Musk buying Twitter will not help the new platform. Although they were already headed for failure. 

Too much sex is still not enough.