The Trouble With Biden Is Biden

Started by Hobby, May 02, 2022, 06:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hobby

Sure Biden may be a nice guy and all that. And Biden is certainly not Trump! The problem for Democrats is Biden. Biden does not inspire confidence. Sometimes it appears Biden doesn't believe what is coming out of his own mouth.  Instead, people watch and wait for him to screw up. gaff including his staff. With Biden, he could be right on something but he can't sell it, while on the other hand, Trump could be wrong and he would sell the hell out of it.  That's the biggest difference I see between the two. Biden is no salesman.

HighStepper

Your point is well taken.

In times of crisis people often go with the loudest voice yelling a lie, than the voice that speaks the truth.
Too much sex is still not enough.

Danno

Just tap me on the head if I overstay my welcome

Hobby

Hobby

Quote from: HighStepper on May 02, 2022, 07:26 PMYour point is well taken.

In times of crisis people often go with the loudest voice yelling a lie, than the voice that speaks the truth.

We are in a time of crisis, the only voice we hear is Biden's. and it is pathetic. Lies? Biden has lied, Trump, Obama, and on down the list... I do NOT like Trump the man. I do support and agree with his policy on the border, the trade agreements, cutting taxes, etc. The Democrats and Biden have been a disaster and it is just getting worse every day.  Things are not good! Now the stock market is losing confidence in Biden and the stock market is going down down down. Wall Street strongly supported Biden and hated Trump. Millions of people in Ukraine are being displaced and forced to leave their homes. Biden has no clue what to do.

Blkfyre

Quote from: Hobby on May 02, 2022, 09:23 PMWe are in a time of crisis, the only voice we hear is Biden's. and it is pathetic. Lies? Biden has lied, Trump, Obama, and on down the list... I do NOT like Trump the man. I do support and agree with his policy on the border, the trade agreements, cutting taxes, etc. The Democrats and Biden have been a disaster and it is just getting worse every day.  Things are not good! Now the stock market is losing confidence in Biden and the stock market is going down down down. Wall Street strongly supported Biden and hated Trump. Millions of people in Ukraine are being displaced and forced to leave their homes. Biden has no clue what to do.

I think it's funny that Trump was and still is an isolationist xenophobe, but people believe he would have done better with Ukraine. No, I don't think he would have. He would have said it's not the US's problem and let Putin do what he wanted to do and Republicans would have backed him wholeheartedly.

HighStepper

Quote from: Hobby on May 02, 2022, 09:23 PMWe are in a time of crisis, the only voice we hear is Biden's. and it is pathetic. Lies? Biden has lied, Trump, Obama, and on down the list... I do NOT like Trump the man. I do support and agree with his policy on the border, the trade agreements, cutting taxes, etc. The Democrats and Biden have been a disaster and it is just getting worse every day.  Things are not good! Now the stock market is losing confidence in Biden and the stock market is going down down down. Wall Street strongly supported Biden and hated Trump. Millions of people in Ukraine are being displaced and forced to leave their homes. Biden has no clue what to do.
I don't see much point in debating this anymore. I believe your mind is made up. So, let's say, IMO you are incorrect in your assessments.

bats

Quote from: Hobby on May 02, 2022, 09:23 PMLies? Biden has lied, Trump, Obama, and on down the list...
LOL. There's a book that you might find useful in learning how to tell when there's a significant difference between two or more things:

You cannot view this attachment.

Hobby

Quote from: bats on May 02, 2022, 10:21 PMLOL. There's a book that you might find useful in learning how to tell when there's a significant difference between two or more things:

You cannot view this attachment.

Thanks for sharing, seems you didn't learn anything from it!

rooftop

There is no doubt Trump has been in the pocket of the Oligarchs for the twenty years they have laundered their money through Trump real estate transactions.  But Biden's approach has proven no better.  A history lesson follows. 

Saddam Hussein invaded Kuwait in the early 90's right after a meeting with Bush Sr's ambassador to Iraq.  Hussein supposedly did a reality check with the Ambassador about occupying Kuwait.  The Ambassador supposedly gave Hussein the impression the USA would not interfere.  Hussein then occupies Kuwait.  We take nine months or so and respond with a massive counter attack that chases the Iraqi forces out of Kuwait with the option to annihilate them.  We demur.  Hypothesis:  Our Ambassador was free-lancing or not listening. 

Fast forward 30 years and the US (and NATO allies) encourage Ukraine's ambitions to join the Western alliance.  Putin has expressed concern about former Eastern European nations joining NATO and eliminating the buffer between Russia and the West.  We do not tell Ukraine that geopolitical reality requires we keep Ukraine a "neutral", non-aligned nation in appreciation for Russia's increasing sensitivities.  Even as Russian troups assemble on Ukraine's northern border, we do not make a clear, unambiguous declaration that Ukraine must remain neutral and NOT become aligned with the West or obtain NATO membership.  Russia invades and their military executes a merciless, scorched earth attack. 

Personally, albeit as a wheelchair general, I would like to see the USA obliterate the Russian artillery (maybe not the foot soldiers) and clear the skies of Russian military air support.  But privately and publicly let Putin know that we lacked sensitivity for Russia's geopolitical interests and that going forward Ukraine will be a neutral, non-aligned nation. 

But the lesson seems to be that our State department under both Reeps and Dem's is incapable of understanding what our adversaries are saying.  Biden gave Putin an excuse to invade by pissing off Putin with NATO membership consideration for Ukraine.  Trump would have and actually DID effectively invite Putin to invade Ukraine by disarming Ukraine. 

Hobby

Ukraine is a free country for the present and has the right to choose for itself to be neutral.  The US has no business telling Ukraine what its future will be nor does Russia.  The fact that Russia is forcing the issue by invasion is the issue here for me.  We need to support any country's fight for freedom or help fight to maintain it and I don't mean throwing money at the problem.

HighStepper

On April 2, 1917, President Wilson asked Congress to declare war on Germany. He also argued that autocratic governments, such as the German regime, with their habitual intrigue, unrestrained by the will of their people, were a threat to free and self-governing nations. The president asserted, "The world must be made safe for democracy."

So it would seem that Russia has become the new world threat against democracy.