ACLU 2021 SAYS NO POLICE IN SCHOOLS

Started by Hobby, May 30, 2022, 04:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hobby

"No Police in Schools: A Vision for Safe and Supportive Schools in CA" analyzes data from the U.S. Department of Education's 2017-18 Civil Rights Data Collection (CRDC), the 2019 California Racial and Identity Profiling Act (RIPA) Stops dataset, and data from Stockton Unified School District on police in schools. The data conclusively show harmful and discriminatory policing patterns in schools. School police contribute to the criminalization of tens of thousands of California students, resulting in them being pushed out of school and into the school-to-prison pipeline. Critically, the data suggest that schools underreport the number of assigned law enforcement officers, so these problems are likely even more severe.

https://www.aclusocal.org/en/no-police-in-schools

I wonder if the ACLU has changed its position after the Robb Elemenatary Texas Shooting?

Romanticlover

The ACLU use to defend constitutional rights but it has gone full retard left in recent years, here's a great interview from the former director of the ACLU...

Are we having fun yet?

Blkfyre

Quote from: Hobby on May 30, 2022, 04:28 PM"No Police in Schools: A Vision for Safe and Supportive Schools in CA" analyzes data from the U.S. Department of Education's 2017-18 Civil Rights Data Collection (CRDC), the 2019 California Racial and Identity Profiling Act (RIPA) Stops dataset, and data from Stockton Unified School District on police in schools. The data conclusively show harmful and discriminatory policing patterns in schools. School police contribute to the criminalization of tens of thousands of California students, resulting in them being pushed out of school and into the school-to-prison pipeline. Critically, the data suggest that schools underreport the number of assigned law enforcement officers, so these problems are likely even more severe.

https://www.aclusocal.org/en/no-police-in-schools

I wonder if the ACLU has changed its position after the Robb Elemenatary Texas Shooting?

When I went to school and then decades later when my kids went to school there were security guards on campus but they were not police but private security. They kept the campus's safe so cops are not needed.

Hobby

Quote from: Blkfyre on May 30, 2022, 08:26 PMWhen I went to school and then decades later when my kids went to school there were security guards on campus but they were not police but private security. They kept the campus's safe so cops are not needed.

You went to school? Did you serve in the military?

Blkfyre

Quote from: Hobby on May 30, 2022, 11:04 PMYou went to school? Did you serve in the military?

I'll ignore the insult. And what does my being in the military have to do with anything?

Hobby

Quote from: Blkfyre on May 30, 2022, 11:27 PMI'll ignore the insult. And what does my being in the military have to do with anything?

I was surprised and just asking if you served. I guess not!

HighStepper

Quote from: Romanticlover on May 30, 2022, 07:04 PMThe ACLU use to defend constitutional rights but it has gone full retard left in recent years, here's a great interview from the former director of the ACLU...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0Lc5b8Flto

Good video Romanticlover. Thanks.

Everyone is for free speech as long as it is their speech.

Too much sex is still not enough.

HighStepper

As to the question of serving in the military the main relevance I see, is that I received Army training on weapons of war. I received an Expert Marksman badge. So I don't think the kneejerk reaction to school mass shootings is to simply give teachers guns makes any sense.

Hobby

Quote from: HighStepper on May 31, 2022, 12:23 PMAs to the question of serving in the military the main relevance I see, is that I received Army training on weapons of war. I received an Expert Marksman badge. So I don't think the kneejerk reaction to school mass shootings is to simply give teachers guns makes any sense.

I do! The fact it would be known that teachers and staff are carrying would be a good deterrent.  Having lethal force to protect the school and children when security has been breached is a good tool to have. Occam razor... the simplest solution is ofter the best solution.  More than likely a teacher would not have to pull out the weapon but it is there just incase.

Blkfyre

Quote from: Hobby on May 31, 2022, 01:51 PMI do! The fact it would be known that teachers and staff are carrying would be a good deterrent.  Having lethal force to protect the school and children when security has been breached is a good tool to have. Occam razor... the simplest solution is ofter the best solution.  More than likely a teacher would not have to pull out the weapon but it is there just incase.

"The police failed at protecting the schoolchildren, yes, but we should not be under the illusion that this is an example of the cops failing at their jobs. As far we can tell from reports, police at the scene acted as they usually do, in accordance with standard policing practice: Rather than risk a hail of gunfire to stop the killer, they kept themselves safe."

So, law officers standard training said do NOT risk themselves or the children by going in with guns, but teachers should have been armed and doing so?

Hobby

We trust teachers and staff with the custody of our children when at school but we don't trust them to have the means to defend the lives of the children they are charged with? That makes no sense. Cost money to put in security and have officers at the school which they can't be at all places at all times. Teachers armed with sidearms, security doors, and fences IMO would be enough to thwart school violence. If a teacher doesn't want to carry they don't have to there will be others that will.

Blkfyre

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Except we don't hire them to protect kids. Teachers are hired to TEACH. Kids should NOT need protection at school.

Hobby

Quote from: Blkfyre on May 31, 2022, 03:38 PMGuests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Except we don't hire them to protect kids. Teachers are hired to TEACH. Kids should NOT need protection at school.

Aaron Hoyland is an idiot.

HighStepper

Quote from: Hobby on May 31, 2022, 01:51 PMI do! The fact it would be known that teachers and staff are carrying would be a good deterrent.  Having lethal force to protect the school and children when security has been breached is a good tool to have. Occam razor... the simplest solution is ofter the best solution.  More than likely a teacher would not have to pull out the weapon but it is there just incase.

Occam's razor is not a substitute for knowledge and critical thinking.
The dream, teachers will instantaneously go from being a teacher to expert marksman in the confusion of an active shooter in the classroom. Research shows that regularly trained law enforcement officers' accuracy rate in active shooter situations ranges from 18% to 43%.

The NRA mantra, it take a good guy with a gun to stop a bad guy with a gun didn't work in Buffalo. The good gun with a gun died at the hands of a bad guy with a gun.

Quote from: Hobby on May 31, 2022, 02:52 PMIf a teacher doesn't want to carry they don't have to there will be others that will.
That would mean an armed teacher might not be in the exact same place as the shooter to prevent/reduce casualties.

Danno

the armed teacher will be the 1st target
Just tap me on the head if I overstay my welcome