Re: Hotel rates political discussion

Started by Hobby, May 30, 2022, 12:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hobby

Quote from: Romanticlover on May 30, 2022, 11:28 AMI think it has to do more with real estate prices than supply and demand. The demand for rooms in the Sacramento area was high after the fires in the foothills last year but that doesn't explain the rates going up state wide, it is outpacing inflation.

I and many financial experts think we are headed for a recession, existing housing sales have been declining for the past three months and new home sales are at a two year low...interest rates are going up.

Remember in 2008:

High gas prices
Stock market tumbles
Housing sales tumble

Sound familiar?

Replay 2008 comming soon, brought to you by Joe Biden! Maybe Joe is going to finish us off where Obama left off...
Agree +1 Agree +1 x 1 View List

HighStepper

Quote from: Hobby on May 30, 2022, 12:11 PMReplay 2008 comming soon, brought to you by Joe Biden! Maybe Joe is going to finish us off where Obama left off...

2008 was George W. Bush. Obama led country out of recession.
Too much sex is still not enough.

Hobby

Quote from: HighStepper on May 30, 2022, 07:11 PM2008 was George W. Bush. Obama led country out of recession.

That's what the Dems claim...

Zep

Quote from: Hobby on May 30, 2022, 07:48 PMThat's what the Dems claim...

HighStepper is correct.  Then Trump came in and royally fucked our nation and dumped all his fuck ups and mistakes on Biden to start cleaning up.   

The history of the last 50 years, Republicans fuck it up, Democrats clean it up. Lol..  Sad but true, even old Republicans claim,,,,

PS..   Prob should move this thread to the political forum, then most of us don't got to see it....
We all got two lives. The second one begins when you realize you only have one.

Hobby

"all his fuck ups and mistakes on Biden to start cleaning up."

And Biden has been doing such a good job his approval ratings are in the shitter...LOL 

Hobby

Quote from: HighStepper on May 30, 2022, 07:11 PM2008 was George W. Bush. Obama led country out of recession.

"The seeds of the financial crisis were planted during years of rock-bottom interest rates and loose lending standards that fueled a housing price bubble in the U.S. and elsewhere."

https://www.investopedia.com/articles/economics/09/financial-crisis-review.asp#:~:text=The%20seeds%20of%20the%20financial,as%20usual%2C%20with%20good%20intentions.

And I believe history is going to repeat itself only much worse this time around.

Romanticlover

Quote from: Zep on May 31, 2022, 06:19 AMSeeds of this inflation were sewn with the huge tax cuts for the billionaires. 

What does that have to do with the price of everything going up?

Elon Musk paid $11 billion in taxes last year, if he paid $100 billion in taxes the price of gas would still be $6 a gallon.
Are we having fun yet?

Hobby

Quote from: Romanticlover on May 31, 2022, 08:09 AMWhat does that have to do with the price of everything going up?

Elon Musk paid $11 billion in taxes last year, if he paid $100 billion in taxes the price of gas would still be $6 a gallon.

Why are hotel room rates going up? I don't see why they should.

WolfAndCub22

I'm calling BS I did not start this to be a political discussion. It was merely a question if the hotel corporations had over extended themselves. I never view this forum which means I never post here. Could a moderator please delete this thread because I do not to want to have a post in this forum.

This is the curse of our age politics poisons everything, so many claim to be in the center but then express a preference for one side or the other assuming there is some absolute truth to be found. Opinions aren't facts no matter what you wrap them in and the facts can be overwhelming at times and require study. LOL I think I broke my soapbox on this one.   
I have no problem with aging as long as I don't turn to vinegar.

HighStepper

Quote from: WolfAndCub22 on May 31, 2022, 02:22 PMI'm calling BS I did not start this to be a political discussion. It was merely a question if the hotel corporations had over extended themselves. I never view this forum which means I never post here. Could a moderator please delete this thread because I do not to want to have a post in this forum.

This is the curse of our age politics poisons everything, so many claim to be in the center but then express a preference for one side or the other assuming there is some absolute truth to be found. Opinions aren't facts no matter what you wrap them in and the facts can be overwhelming at times and require study. LOL I think I broke my soapbox on this one. 

The topic you created on hotel rates is where you posted it.
https://fantasysaloon.com/index.php?msg=4209

The political comments were split and move here. You are not the OP of the split created thread.

If you don't want to have your handle posting in the political forum you are welcome to remove your post in this thread.
I then will remove this response post.
Too much sex is still not enough.