Kamala Harris Owns A Hand Gun

Started by Hobby, Jun 01, 2022, 09:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hobby

When it comes to gun ownership in America, presidential aspirant Kamala Harris has shot herself in the foot.

At a time when Democrats are toughening their positions on gun control and seeking to make it a core issue in the 2020 campaign, the California senator has conceded that her personal relationship with guns is unique among the major Democratic presidential contenders. She owns a handgun, a campaign aide told CNN.

This under-publicized revelation comes as Harris is getting a lot of ink for being tough about guns. Her words are fine, but for a progressive like me, they are undermined by that handgun. And I can't be the only one who is disturbed. Keeping a handgun for personal safety is a bedrock conservative view. The best defense against a "bad guy with a gun," the NRA falsely argues, is "a good guy with a gun."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2019/04/26/kamala-harris-owns-handgun-unacceptable-2020-democratic-race-column/3567371002/

Kamala Harris talks about owning a gun: 'I was a career ... - CNN

bats

So what? As she pointed out in the linked CNN piece, politicians often present Americans with a false choice between either (1) being in favor of the 2nd Amendment or (2) wanting everyone's guns taken away.

You found a three-year-old opinion piece from the son of the guy who started Candid Camera and this is supposed to mean something to someone? Nothing's going on in Pahrump these days?

HighStepper

You are fucking kidding right?
The only reason for her to not carry a gun is that she has secret service agents that carry guns.

Too much sex is still not enough.

Blkfyre

Quote from: Hobby on Jun 01, 2022, 09:48 PMWhen it comes to gun ownership in America, presidential aspirant Kamala Harris has shot herself in the foot.

At a time when Democrats are toughening their positions on gun control and seeking to make it a core issue in the 2020 campaign, the California senator has conceded that her personal relationship with guns is unique among the major Democratic presidential contenders. She owns a handgun, a campaign aide told CNN.

This under-publicized revelation comes as Harris is getting a lot of ink for being tough about guns. Her words are fine, but for a progressive like me, they are undermined by that handgun. And I can't be the only one who is disturbed. Keeping a handgun for personal safety is a bedrock conservative view. The best defense against a "bad guy with a gun," the NRA falsely argues, is "a good guy with a gun."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2019/04/26/kamala-harris-owns-handgun-unacceptable-2020-democratic-race-column/3567371002/

Kamala Harris talks about owning a gun: 'I was a career ... - CNN

So, ANYBODY can and should be able to carry a gun with no judgement...except people you don't like?

Hobby

Quote from: bats on Jun 01, 2022, 10:00 PMSo what? As she pointed out in the linked CNN piece, politicians often present Americans with a false choice between either (1) being in favor of the 2nd Amendment or (2) wanting everyone's guns taken away.

You found a three-year-old opinion piece from the son of the guy who started Candid Camera and this is supposed to mean something to someone? Nothing's going on in Pahrump these days?

It's not an opinion, it's a fact she has a handgun! 

Hobby

Quote from: Blkfyre on Jun 02, 2022, 02:31 AMSo, ANYBODY can and should be able to carry a gun with no judgement...except people you don't like?

Putting words in my mouth when I said nothing in the post one way or the other.  I didn't write the story. I just find her to be a hypocrite. But we already know this!

Blkfyre

Quote from: Hobby on Jun 02, 2022, 07:35 AMPutting words in my mouth when I said nothing in the post one way or the other.  I didn't write the story. I just find her to be a hypocrite. But we already know this!

Well, that's the no judgment part. You are judging her (by calling her a hypocrite). Someone else with a similar story should be left alone as it's their 2nd amendment right to use as they wish, right?

bats

Quote from: Hobby on Jun 02, 2022, 07:32 AMIt's not an opinion, it's a fact she has a handgun! 
Try to stay with me here:

1. Yes, she acknowledged owning a handgun. She's not trying to hide that fact.

2. No, that doesn't make her a hypocrite unless you can show where she's ever said all guns should be banned.

3. Also, and separately, the piece you quoted from is a guy expressing his opinion that her status as a gun owner disqualifies her as a "progressive" in his mind.

Hobby

Quote from: bats on Jun 02, 2022, 09:23 AMTry to stay with me here:

1. Yes, she acknowledged owning a handgun. She's not trying to hide that fact.

2. No, that doesn't make her a hypocrite unless you can show where she's ever said all guns should be banned.

3. Also, and separately, the piece you quoted from is a guy expressing his opinion that her status as a gun owner disqualifies her as a "progressive" in his mind.

That's your opinion!