Lose Election Still Raise Money

Started by HighStepper, Jun 14, 2022, 02:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HighStepper

Is Trump and evil genius?

Anyone familiar with political campaign fund raising knows if a politician wins their election they can get donors to continue to give money.
They are in office and there are potential future election campaigns.

If a politician losses the election no one is interested in donating money to them. It is very hard to raise money to pay off campaign debts.

Trump is the first politician I know of, to be able to raise money after losing the election.

He promoted the big lie that the election was stolen from him. He swindled his supporters out of donations for a non-existent Official Election Defense Fund to prove the election was stolen. The money was diverted for other purposes.

The Trump con scheme made over $250 million.

When I got my letter to contribute to the Official Election Defense Fund I laughed and threw it in the trash. I wonder if anyone here donated money. 
Too much sex is still not enough.

Romanticlover

I got that in the mail and laughed...I then threw it in the trash.
I have never given money to any politician.
Are we having fun yet?

bats

Quote from: HighStepper on Jun 14, 2022, 02:39 PMTrump is the first politician I know of, to be able to raise money after losing the election.
This was yet another part of his ongoing con. It is a kind of genius in that he managed to convince millions of Americans that he had their interests at heart and that he really would make things better for them.

To the millions who saw through him right from the beginning, it's rather remarkable that so many other people could be so completely and utterly duped.

Blkfyre

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

thaikhan

The only difference between Trump and every other politician is absolutely nothing.  Each has their own mindless group of zealots who will defend their overlords with frenzied zeal; their only defense being my master has less shit on them than yours does.

Hobby

Quote from: HighStepper on Jun 14, 2022, 02:39 PMIs Trump and evil genius?

Anyone familiar with political campaign fund raising knows if a politician wins their election they can get donors to continue to give money.

If a politician losses the election no one is interested in donating money to them. It is very hard to raise money to pay off campaign debts.

Trump is the first politician I know of, to be able to raise money after losing the election.

He promoted the big lie that the election was stolen from him. He swindled his supporters out of donations for a non-existent Official Election Defense Fund to prove the election was stolen. The money was diverted for other purposes.

When I got my letter to contribute to the Official Election Defense Fund I laughed and threw it in the trash. I wonder if anyone here donated money. 

Why would you be getting a letter from them, you are not a republican...lol

Hobby

Trump is holding rallies to endorse republican cadidates and it cost money! When Biden wants to endorse a democrat candidate they say no thanks they want to win not lose.

HighStepper

Quote from: Hobby on Jun 15, 2022, 05:23 PMTrump is holding rallies to endorse republican cadidates and it cost money!

I don't think they know yet where all of the $250million went. Some when to his PAC.

"Since Trump founded Save America in November 2020, the group has raised $124 million -- the largest war chest ever built by an ex-president -- but spent only about $14 million, or around 11%. Much of that has gone to funding rallies and ads that ostensibly promote Republicans running for Congress but focus more on Trump himself."

Trump has been stingy with spending on Republican efforts to win in November compared to the expenditures of other groups, according to a Reuters analysis of financial disclosures made to the Federal Election Commission. Link

dogwalker

I did not contribute.  Therefore I do not care.

Bande

Quote from: HighStepper on Jun 14, 2022, 02:39 PMIs Trump and evil genius?

Your point?
Many politicians have made a headline, received donations, all when out of office,
Trump is POPULAR, so he received more than the average makes him wrong?

HighStepper

Quote from: Bande on Jun 16, 2022, 10:48 AMYour point?
Many politicians have made a headline, received donations, all when out of office,
Trump is POPULAR, so he received more than the average makes him wrong?

What makes him wrong is that he committed FRAUD.
  • Being a top fundraiser based on his popularity is great! No problem.
  • Telling donors we are raising money to get candidates that support our MAGA agenda elected to congress is great! No problem.
  • Telling donors the money is for a nonexistent defense fund to stop the steal is bad! Big promlem.
I realize that there are the MAGA faithful that do not care if Trump breaks laws.