Best wine bottle opener

Started by Tuscano, Jun 18, 2022, 09:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tuscano

After decades of research...I am prepared to endorse---

-Cork Pops Matte Black Legacy Wine Bottle Opener With 4-Blade Foil Cutter
Sold by: JADA Lifestyles

I am staying at my eldest daughter's home for two weeks. YES! the one with the awesome wine cellar. It took a couple of days to figure out her wine bottle opener( hey! it didn't cum with instructions).

But from Amazon, I have ordered FOUR! so there will be one where I am most likely to find FREE! wine.

Vorresti essere me

Hobby

Quote from: Tuscano on Jun 18, 2022, 09:32 PMAfter decades of research...I am prepared to endorse---

I am staying at my eldest daughter's home for two weeks. YES! the one with the awesome wine cellar. It took a couple of days to figure out her wine bottle opener( hey! it didn't cum with instructions).

But from Amazon, I have ordered FOUR! so there will be one where I am most likely to find FREE! wine.

I'm surprised you don't carry your own personal wine bottle opener at all times on you!

Tuscano

Ah, but I do! Now I have upgraded...
Vorresti essere me

dogwalker

Decades?  A corkscrew with a decent lifting mechanism works for me.

Romanticlover

I've tried them all and still prefer the "jumping Jack" steel wing opener.

More wineries are going to the screw cap, they say it keeps oxygen out better than corks but they still seem cheap to me.
Are we having fun yet?

thaikhan

Quote from: Tuscano on Jun 18, 2022, 09:32 PMAfter decades of research...I am prepared to endorse---

Ask any lady you are with and they'll tell you the best wine bottle opener is you

HighStepper

Too much sex is still not enough.

rooftop

Just ordered the corkpops co2 opener. Good idea for older vintages w more fragile corks.  Have too much practice filtering out cork fragments even when wine still good.  But will only use on older bottles.   Thanks for the recommendation.  But will use my 40-year old straight screw opener for everything else.  Let visitors use a butterfly opener.  Have not found any that work with screw top—what's up with that??

Zep

Tuscano...   Here I thought you were going to recommend someone with a super tight kitty...
We all got two lives. The second one begins when you realize you only have one.

Tuscano

Quote from: HighStepper on Jun 19, 2022, 02:37 PMDown blouse demonstration
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cC3nx2lvJ4I

Serious educational demonstration

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twl0yMlSo_A

Having dealt with some VERY stubborn synthetic corks...(ask Sloan! and Jane!) this is my now "GOTO". an aside...Sloan and I had to go to the garage for more tools! (WE GOT IT DONE!!!).
As for magnums...Particularly Champagne! I choose a Scottish Dirk! Bold! Dramatic!! and ? EASY!!!
Vorresti essere me

Tuscano

Quote from: Zep on Jun 21, 2022, 07:08 PMTuscano...   Here I thought you were going to recommend someone with a super tight kitty...

Zep, YOU! are the "Kitty" master!. I bend my knee.
Vorresti essere me

dogwalker

just use your teeth

Tuscano

Vorresti essere me

dogwalker

on the wine, not the girl!

HighStepper

Too much sex is still not enough.