So I am in the Navy's OCS just trying to get along...Really! 1975

Started by Tuscano, Jun 19, 2022, 12:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tuscano

400 of the "elite?" Nurses, lawyers, dentists, and associated "others"...

I and 15 other "California Boys" had already DESTROYED water instruction and were banned from the pool.
This meant we slept in while the other 385 had to take swimming lessons every morning at six am.

Next on physical fitness...A pre-seal instructor. by that I mean a guy who would likely teach seals BEFORE there was a seal program as we know it today.

So the "pre-seal?" obliviously a kick-ass older guy, leads us in a physical fitness class...duh...push-ups...really? yet before 30 most of the class had dropped out. And "we" are the best of the best! Yawn. I can't help myself, as the instructor calls out, with each number and more participants dropout I call out louder! I was near my prime. It is likely the instructor would have died before I was done. He was certainly resolved to do so! So I backed off. It was still early in the training and I didn't know if I would have to deal with him again. I didn't. An aside...where I grew up, preditors were waiting. I never expended ALL of my energy. Ever!
I soon had a "cult" of classmates surrounding me.

Not my obsession, but a large number of dental students had a lot of complaints and enough political influence that an Admiral from DC came to speak to the dental students in the program...I did not have a dog in this race and remained neutral...And received a plum duty station in Japan. Another story for another time, preview "hypothermia on Mount Fuji!

And another story from back in the day...when a badass fighter pilot hit on my wife! Did not end well for him!
Vorresti essere me