January 6th Hearings

Started by bats, Jun 21, 2022, 03:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thaikhan

Quote from: dogwalker on Jun 29, 2022, 10:19 AMThere's a saying I hope still applies:
         innocent until proven guilty [by a court of law, not the media or individuals].

That's yesterday's news. We now have regressed to mob mentality

Romanticlover

Two Secret Service agents have come forward saying that Trump didn't assault any agents and didn't grab the steering wheel but I doubt they will get a chance to testify in Congress. Cassidy Hutchinson wasn't with Trump in the vehicle and basically testified hearsay. A lot of people(including myself) are wondering how someone in the back of a limo could grab a steering wheel, I've been in limos and it would be nearly impossible.
Are we having fun yet?

Romanticlover

'US Secret Service willing to respond to 'new allegations' following testimony that Trump grabbed steering wheel
Former White House aide testified she had heard that ex-president lunged at driver to turn towards US Capitol'

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-jan-6-secret-service-latest-b2111624.html
Are we having fun yet?

Hobby

People in the White House Administration are held to higher standards than regular folk.  What was told to Cassidy Hutchinson about Trump was from other officials' reports that were there and what was reported to her.  This is not hearsay.  If Secret Service wants to testify under oath that this did not take place I am sure they are welcome to testify but they won't...

HighStepper

Quote from: Bande on Jun 28, 2022, 07:58 PM...Trump prosecuted for what? No criminal code has been broke nor proven.
For starters. Just the Federal not including violation of Georgia State laws at this time.
18 U.S. Code § 1505 - Obstruction of proceedings before departments, agencies, and committees.
Shall be fined under this title, imprisoned not more than 5 years or, if the offense involves international
or domestic terrorism (as defined in section 2331), imprisoned not more than 8 years, or both.
https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/1505

What criminal codes Trump would be prosecuted on, even IF he is prosecuted is up to the Department of Justice.
I don't envision Trump spending any time behind bars.

Too much sex is still not enough.

HighStepper

Quote from: Romanticlover on Jun 29, 2022, 11:00 AMTwo Secret Service agents have come forward saying that Trump didn't assault any agents and didn't grab the steering wheel but I doubt they will get a chance to testify in Congress. Cassidy Hutchinson wasn't with Trump in the vehicle and basically testified hearsay. A lot of people(including myself) are wondering how someone in the back of a limo could grab a steering wheel, I've been in limos and it would be nearly impossible.

I'm sure they will be called to testify. Cassidy Hutchinson testified to what she was TOLD, about the incidence. This is a hearing to gain and understanding not a court aimed at convicting.

An old out of shape man is no threat physically to a fit secret service agent. Even if he were to grab hold to the steering wheel, it's not like he could turn the vehicle around and drive it to the Capitol.

The point of this testimony was to establish that Trump wanted to be with the "protestors" at the Capitol. What was he going to do there is an interesting question.

thaikhan

Dear Hillary Clinton,

I just want to make it known that not once have I spoken out against you and that in any instance that you did find where it looked like I did I want you to know that it would have been posted under duress.  So please do not send anyone to come and assassinate me as you are the greatest ever.  Bill was an ass to step out on someone as awesome as you.  I enjoy breathing and living very much so I just wanted to let you know that it was those other folks so just remember that as you call upon your assassins.  I know you are innocent of any murders and would never order the death of anyone, especially anyone who would cross you.  I believe in you (Please don't kill me)

Sincerely,

Thai Khan

PS

I don't mind if you decide to pay Trump a visit.

Romanticlover

hear·say
/ˈhirˌsā/

noun
information received from other people that one cannot adequately substantiate; rumor.
"according to hearsay, Bob had managed to break his arm"

the report of another person's words by a witness, which is usually disallowed as evidence in a court of law.
"everything they had told him would have been ruled out as hearsay"

The link I provided above says the agents talked to the committee and are willing to testify, why weren't they called to the hearing yesterday?

QuoteI don't envision Trump spending any time behind bars.

I agree with that.

Are we having fun yet?

Hobby

Quote from: Romanticlover on Jun 29, 2022, 12:11 PMhear·say
/ˈhirˌsā/

noun
information received from other people that one cannot adequately substantiate; rumor.
"according to hearsay, Bob had managed to break his arm"

the report of another person's words by a witness, which is usually disallowed as evidence in a court of law.
"everything they had told him would have been ruled out as hearsay"

The link I provided above says the agents talked to the committee and are willing to testify, why weren't they called to the hearing yesterday?

I agree with that.

I know what the fuck hearsay means... Offical reports are exempt from the hearsay rule.

HighStepper

Hearsay evidence is evidence of a statement that was made other than by a witness while testifying at the hearing and that is offered to prove the truth of the matter stated. Link

Danno

5 police officers died
Quote from: Bande on Jun 28, 2022, 07:58 PMWhat a waste of time and our $$$$.
Bombshells where. There have been no bombshells.
Crazy Stuff..
Trump prosecuted for what? No criminal code has been broke nor proven.
OMG Trump wanted to go to the protest... That is crazy...
Just tap me on the head if I overstay my welcome

Danno

let's get Trump to testify for 11 hrs like Hillary did.

Danno

If you get a Pardon, you are admitting guilt. And every member of Congress that wanted one should get the boot. MTG was only on her new job for 3 days and requested one. lol. End of story

Hobby

Quote from: dogwalker on Jun 29, 2022, 10:19 AMThere's a saying I hope still applies:
         innocent until proven guilty [by a court of law, not the media or individuals].

Not quite the case for Trump if you happen to be an eyewitness as to what happened on Jan 6. Million of people were watching it unfold from the Rally to the Insurrection.  Trump is guilty and no way can he prove he was innocent of what took place.  Guiliani and the other thugs working with Trump need to be in prison... As an American and Vet, I am disgusted with what took place on Jan. 6 and Trump is such a douchebag he won't accept responisbility for it.

Bande

Quote from: Hobby on Jun 29, 2022, 11:40 AMPeople in the White House Administration are held to higher standards than regular folk.  What was told to Cassidy Hutchinson about Trump was from other officials' reports that were there and what was reported to her.  This is not hearsay.  If Secret Service wants to testify under oath that this did not take place I am sure they are welcome to testify but they won't...

Hear Say that is not admissible in court and the people she spoke of have came out saying that did not happen.
More Bullshit brought by the DEMONCRATS.. Lies and wasting our $$$ for something that will amount to nothing..