SCOTUS Expected To Publish Abortion Decision Friday June 24

Started by Hobby, Jun 23, 2022, 04:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thaikhan

And to any Republicans who think they are free of guilt...

"We won't organize any black man to be a Democrat or a Republican because both of them have sold us out. Both of them have sold us out; both parties have sold us out. Both parties are racist, and the Democratic Party is more racist than the Republican Party."

bats

Quote from: thaikhan on Jun 25, 2022, 02:13 AMNo, there are some who like to act like they're saints doing everything for the good of others regardless of what others think because they see themselves above everyone.  Many call it the Great White Savior Syndrome; I see it quite often.  I've never liked Malcolm X much but I very much understood why he did what he did and was the way he was.
I don't know how we went from the abortion decision to your complete and total understanding of Malcolm X, but I'm fairly certain I'm done with this "discussion." 
Boo Boo x 1 View List

thaikhan

To help facilitate your understanding of where the thread got derailed, it started when you found issue with my statement on free choice and abortion and decided to get snarky on how everyone is just as bad as everyone else instead of sticking to the issue of abortion.  I responded to you as to my reasoning since you wanted to have a "discussion" on how because if one is worse than the other then obviously the one who isn't as bad becomes a saint and all is right because they are the lesser of two evils.

As my statement about this will remain the same.  Both parties are fuck-ups who have caused women to lose their federal right to an abortion leaving it up to them praying they live in a state that will allow it.

Bande

Quote from: Blkfyre on Jun 24, 2022, 08:11 PMPlease, link us to where Newsom has said this. I must ahve missed it.

And, this is California. They are violating our laws by removing abortion. Your logic, isn't. And no, the speed limit in California is 65 in urban areas. But in Indiana it's only 55. Are you saying that as a resident of California we can go 65 there? Or, is it as soon as we hit Indiana we are subject to their laws?

When did this change on speed limits.
In drivers school one was taught speed limit is whatever is safe and/or with flow of traffic.
Yes, there are posted speed limits, ultimately it is whatever is safe / flow of traffic.

Once again you are putting more into this.
You might want to reread and maybe you will comprehend then..

Hobby

Quote from: Bande on Jun 25, 2022, 01:51 PMWhen did this change on speed limits.
In drivers school one was taught speed limit is whatever is safe and/or with flow of traffic.
Yes, there are posted speed limits, ultimately it is whatever is safe / flow of traffic.

Once again you are putting more into this.
You might want to reread and maybe you will comprehend then..

No drinking and driving allowed here....

Hobby

When does life begin? I don't know. I don't know if it really matters when life begins, or when a baby becomes an individual. I do know this, I believe every future person to be created has the right to be born and have their chance at life. Abortion ends it! The mother and father both were given their chance at life and simply because a child is unplanned or unwanted is not reason enough to deny an unborn child their chance IMO!

bats

Quote from: Hobby on Jun 25, 2022, 05:07 PMWhen does life begin? I don't know. I don't know if it really matters when life begins, or when a baby becomes an individual. I do know this, I believe every future person to be created has the right to be born and have their chance at life. Abortion ends it! The mother and father both were given their chance at life and simply because a child is unplanned or unwanted is not reason enough to deny an unborn child their chance IMO!
Okay, but most people who say the unborn are special creations that should be given the rights of persons don't give a damn about them after birth. And why is that? I think it's because advocating for the unborn doesn't cost anything, but advocating for actual babies can be costly both financially and politically.

dogwalker

SCROTUM expected to come on Washington July 4th.

Hobby

Quote from: bats on Jun 25, 2022, 05:47 PMOkay, but most people who say the unborn are special creations that should be given the rights of persons don't give a damn about them after birth. And why is that? I think it's because advocating for the unborn doesn't cost anything, but advocating for actual babies can be costly both financially and politically.

It does not matter!  The child has a right to exist and grow and become a person. We do not get to choose our parents.  There have been children born to drug-addicted crapy shit parents and child over came from a bad start they got and made themselves into a great people.  So these kids born to crappy parents are a bunch of shit and no excuse to snuff the kid out of existence.  Yes, babies cost, and people should think ahead and plan but many don't. A child not born should not have to pay for their parent's mistakes with their life.

Blkfyre

Quote from: Hobby on Jun 25, 2022, 06:33 PMIt does not matter!  The child has a right to exist and grow and become a person. We do not get to choose our parents.  There have been children born to drug-addicted crapy shit parents and child over came from a bad start they got and made themselves into a great people.  So these kids born to crappy parents are a bunch of shit and no excuse to snuff the kid out of existence.  Yes, babies cost, and people should think ahead and plan but many don't. A child not born should not have to pay for their parent's mistakes with their life.

And yet isn't that exactly what  happens in anti-abortion states? Children born because of their parents mistakes?

Hobby

Quote from: Blkfyre on Jun 25, 2022, 08:35 PMAnd yet isn't that exactly what  happens in anti-abortion states? Children born because of their parents mistakes?

Regardless of mistakes who has the right to say an unborn child should not have the right to live and have a life? You? Society? The parents?

Blkfyre

Quote from: Hobby on Jun 25, 2022, 09:16 PMRegardless of mistakes who has the right to say an unborn child should not have the right to live and have a life? You? Society? The parents?

But as Bats said, as soon as they are born all of a sudden their health and welfare is not conservative concern as they become a drain on money apparently because it becomes mothers wanting to bill the system for support.

Hobby

Quote from: Blkfyre on Jun 25, 2022, 09:33 PMBut as Bats said, as soon as they are born all of a sudden their health and welfare is not conservative concern as they become a drain on money apparently because it becomes mothers wanting to bill the system for support.

Out of the thousands of abortions each year, how many cases of this can there be? Not a very good argument to kill an embryo or fetus.  So life has this little of meaning for you and you are ok with a mother having the embryo removed and discarded as jacking off and watching sperm go down the drain...

Blkfyre

Quote from: Bande on Jun 24, 2022, 05:53 PMSome California's finest protesters will be out tonight tearing it up. Crazy when nothing has changed for California.

Blkfyre

Quote from: Hobby on Jun 25, 2022, 10:39 PMOut of the thousands of abortions each year, how many cases of this can there be? Not a very good argument to kill an embryo or fetus.  So life has this little of meaning for you and you are ok with a mother having the embryo removed and discarded as jacking off and watching sperm go down the drain...

How many cases of what? And it's none of my damn business what someone else does, that's the whole point. Just like for conservatives it wasn't my business if they wore a mask or got a shot. It was their body, not mine and if they wanted to die to a perfectly preventable virus that was their business, just like abortion isn't anyone's business except the people involved.