Today Bill Oreilly Pose A Good Question About Adoption

Started by Hobby, Jun 23, 2022, 04:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hobby

Bill going after Biden about his stance today about abortion and what Biden said twelve years ago that life begins at conception... How come Joe you never talk about adoption or federal assistance of funds to help people adopt? Good Question Bill!

IMO...This is a very good observation on O'Reilly's part.  Why haven't Democrats who are in favor of killing babies right up to delivery have not talked about how to help with assistance for people who want to adopt? It would be a very good thing for the federal government to set aside funds to help the unborn babies find homes than to just to just chop their heads off.

Danno

Biden did change a Trump rule that will allow more people, such as gay couples to adopt.
Just tap me on the head if I overstay my welcome

Hobby

Not talking about Trump here, he is wrong... talking about making it easy for regular folks to adopt. I don't have any issue with gays or lesbians adopting many probably are better people and better parents to kids.

HighStepper

Quote from: Hobby on Jun 23, 2022, 04:19 PM...Why haven't Democrats...talked about how to help with assistance for people who want to adopt? It would be a very good thing for the federal government to set aside funds to help the unborn babies find homes ...

Assistance to adopt? OK the baby is adopted, then what? People in need of financial assistance to adopt are certainly going to need financial assistance to rear the child. Therein is the rub. Congressional Democrats unveiled a far-reaching and costly plan for aid to American families. How likely is this to be supported.
Too much sex is still not enough.

bats

Quote from: Hobby on Jun 23, 2022, 04:19 PMWhy haven't Democrats who are in favor of killing babies right up to delivery have not talked about how to help with assistance for people who want to adopt?
Since you brought it up I thought I'd point out (again) that nobody is in favor of abortions "right up to delivery." That doesn't happen. It's just another bullshit right-wing talking point.

CigarMan

Quote from: HighStepper on Jun 23, 2022, 08:30 PMAssistance to adopt? OK the baby is adopted, then what? People in need of financial assistance to adopt are certainly going to need financial assistance to rear the child. Therein is the rub. Congressional Democrats unveiled a far-reaching and costly plan for aid to American families. How likely is this to be supported.

Maybe but maybe not.  I work with several adoption groups and the cost to adopt can start at $10K.  The investigations and other paperwork can be overwhelming to what are usually extremely good parents.  So help is needed for this large cash outlay.  The other thing is there needs to be a streamlining of requirements for second adoptions, they have already been screened, give them less to do on the second time around.

HighStepper

Quote from: CigarMan on Jun 24, 2022, 07:15 AMMaybe but maybe not.  I work with several adoption groups and the cost to adopt can start at $10K.  The investigations and other paperwork can be overwhelming to what are usually extremely good parents.  So help is needed for this large cash outlay.  The other thing is there needs to be a streamlining of requirements for second adoptions, they have already been screened, give them less to do on the second time around.

Thank you Cigarman for your input. I see the cost can be astronomical for private adoptions with lawyers. Especially out of country adoptions.
The costs for other types of adoption vary depending on the requirements of the state, but often run between $250-$3,000. In some states. Link

rooftop

The number of adopted kids is a drop in the bucket compared to kids in foster care. Some times it seems more kids get out of foster care by running away than by getting adopted.
Foster care system is a PG13 version of juvenile prisons with outcomes too much alike.
Republicans dont want to spend money on foster care and democrats dont want to hold the social workers accountable for the abuse, neglect, and deaths that occur at the hands of shitty foster parents. 

thaikhan

Quote from: rooftop on Jun 25, 2022, 11:02 PMThe number of adopted kids is a drop in the bucket compared to kids in foster care. Some times it seems more kids get out of foster care by running away than by getting adopted.
Foster care system is a PG13 version of juvenile prisons with outcomes too much alike.
Republicans dont want to spend money on foster care and democrats dont want to hold the social workers accountable for the abuse, neglect, and deaths that occur at the hands of shitty foster parents. 

If you talk to Democrats and Republicans they'll just spend time arguing who's worse in causing the issue as opposed to actually caring and fixing the issue.  While they all sit on their high horses, many actual real people who are under-privileged have to suffer the consequences of those kinds of people's whose lives will never be affecting them make those decisions for them.  I had a few close friends, especially up in Minnesota, who were in foster care and ran away or were just in the system their whole lives and essentially dumped after turning 18.  The few I know here in California were a little better off that those who stayed did not get immediately dumped out on the streets.  I do know of two, a male and a female, who both had similar stories of having to run away and leave the foster system due to sexual abuse by the foster parent.  The male was lucky in that he ran away and fought the guy off whereas the female suffered the abuse for a few months before running off.  Both ended up on the streets.

HighStepper

Children in foster care are among the most vulnerable children in America. There were 423,997 children in care in 2019 (see Table 28), 41 percent of whom were under the age of six.8 These children spend an average of 19.6 months in foster care, with 14 percent spending more than three years in the system. Link

HighStepper

In a year old article at least 10 states divert federal welfare funding to anti-abortion clinics. These overwhelmingly Republican-led states used money from the federal Temporary Assistance for Needy Families program (Tanf), better known as welfare or direct cash aid, to fund the activities of anti-abortion clinics associated with the evangelical right. The clinics work to dissuade women from obtaining abortions. Link

With abortion now being illegal will these states put the money back to what is intended and stop funding anti-abortion clinics?

In states that have strict anti-abortion trigger laws, will they provide funding for prenatal care, which can be very expensive and beyond the reach of a lot of poor women? We do want healthy babies, right?