Americans feel to pick up Arms against Government

Started by Bande, Jul 01, 2022, 05:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bande

3 in 10 feel we will have to pick up arms against a corrupt Government..

Blkfyre

Quote from: Bande on Jul 01, 2022, 05:10 PM3 in 10 feel we will have to pick up arms against a corrupt Government..

And?  According to you all Americans with guns have them so that they could protect themselves from the government. The NRA has been telling us the same thing for the last 30 years.

thaikhan

Blkfyre

Quote from: thaikhan on Jul 01, 2022, 06:28 PMhttps://www.google.com/amp/s/abcnews.go.com/amp/US/rise-gun-ownership-people-color/story%3fid=80008877

https://www.usnews.com/news/health-news/articles/2021-12-21/5-million-more-americans-became-gun-owners-during-pandemic

Gun sales doubled from 2019 to 2020 in terms of new gun owners and continues to increase about 2.5 million new owners each new year.  Apparently more and more people think we need guns

Yes, that is exactly what the NRA tells Republicans to do every time it looks like a Democrat will get elected. Buy guns before the nasty Democrats take away your right to!

And there's always a spike in gun sales every time a democrat comes in office. This isn't anything new it's nothing that hasn't happened again for the last 30 years

Danno

now that the abortion issue is over, this is all they have
Just tap me on the head if I overstay my welcome

thaikhan

Quote from: Blkfyre on Jul 01, 2022, 06:50 PMYes, that is exactly what the NRA tells Republicans to do every time it looks like a Democrat will get elected. Buy guns before the nasty Democrats take away your right to!

And there's always a spike in gun sales every time a democrat comes in office. This isn't anything new it's nothing that hasn't happened again for the last 30 years

So that's the reason why?  Because Republicans are telling all the minorities that the Democrats are taking away their guns so they need to go buy more?  That's the reason why minorities have been buying guns by the millions? You obviously don't follow the trend of why gun sales are up do you?  Not sure how Democrats could be more delusional than Republicans

HighStepper

Quote from: thaikhan on Jul 02, 2022, 05:03 PMSo that's the reason why?  Because Republicans are telling all the minorities that the Democrats are taking away their guns so they need to go buy more?  That's the reason why minorities have been buying guns by the millions? You obviously don't follow the trend of why gun sales are up do you?  Not sure how Democrats could be more delusional than Republicans

Probably not as simple as that. We know there was a big surge in gun sales when Obama won his first election. There was a big surge of gun buying following the election of Biden.  There were increases in gun sales during the pandemic.
Too much sex is still not enough.

HighStepper

You cannot view this attachment.

I don't know how the questions were framed. It would be nice to know if people are talking about the Federal government or their State government.

Take up arms against the government. How do people think that would work? Guns are not going to cut it. Governments response to an armed citizenry would probably be very measured. However, over time if escalation is needed, government will win.

What we have is a frustration about government heading in the wrong direction, wanting to call it corruption. There are no viable solutions via guns.
Too many political leaders and niche news media outlets fan the flames of discontent with misinformation/disinformation for power and money.

Blkfyre

Quote from: thaikhan on Jul 02, 2022, 05:03 PMSo that's the reason why?  Because Republicans are telling all the minorities that the Democrats are taking away their guns so they need to go buy more?  That's the reason why minorities have been buying guns by the millions? You obviously don't follow the trend of why gun sales are up do you?  Not sure how Democrats could be more delusional than Republicans

Yes. That's it. I'm delusional. And so are these reputable news outlets...

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2016/07/25/guns-assault-weapon-clinton-control-safety-mass-shooting-investment-column/87411214/

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/wbna27598947

https://www.cnbc.com/video/2020/10/29/gun-sales-skyrocket-ahead-of-the-us-presidential-election-as-fears-of-unrest-grow.html

thaikhan

Quote from: HighStepper on Jul 02, 2022, 05:47 PMProbably not as simple as that. We know there was a big surge in gun sales when Obama won his first election. There was a big surge of gun buying following the election of Biden.  There were increases in gun sales during the pandemic.

Gun, tobacco, and alcohol sales always go up during times of turmoil and unrest. Blacks and Asians are the biggest buyers in the new wave of gun owners.

Instead of trying to understand why they feel the need to protect themselves, instead we're going the lazy route and just blame it on Republicans so we can blame it on them to the public instead of actually solving any issues.  I don't know why people would assign and say the reason many of them are buying guns are due to Republican telling them what to do. 

HighStepper

Quote from: thaikhan on Jul 02, 2022, 10:52 PMBlacks and Asians are the biggest buyers in the new wave of gun owners.

And women

thaikhan

Quote from: HighStepper on Jul 02, 2022, 11:05 PMAnd women

I know a lot of women have been steadily buying guns the last decade or so. I didn't include them because most of the recent articles about the new wave of gun buyers specifically only mentioned Blacks and Asians.  So is not a surprise to me that women are in that group.

dogwalker

No thanks.  The only thing I'm picking up my arm to do is jack off and water my plants.

HighStepper

Quote from: thaikhan on Jul 02, 2022, 10:52 PMInstead of trying to understand why they feel the need to protect themselves, instead we're going the lazy route and just blame it on Republicans so we can blame it on them to the public instead of actually solving any issues.  I don't know why people would assign and say the reason many of them are buying guns are due to Republican telling them what to do. 

I don't believe it is about Republicans telling people what to do. If there is blame, it is the scare tactics and demonizing Democrats rhetoric. Times of civil unrest giving a sense of need to protect oneself.

Unfortunately the blame and shame game is utilized more than the let's figure it out and work together for the common good.

thaikhan

Yes, it's a tactic used by both parties to get people to vote for them instead of actually solving any problems while the those in the lowest economic brackets suffer the most.