Brittney Griner

Started by dogwalker, Jul 04, 2022, 11:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bande

Quote from: Blkfyre on Oct 26, 2022, 03:59 PMSo, if I get what you are saying, the role of the president is to keep the peace, so you excuse Trump from worshipping at the feet of someone who has admitted they are tampering in our politics and who is even now taking over a country and killing off who knows how many civlians.
But PRESIDENT Biden, who ACCORDING TO YOU HAS THE ROLE of working with China to keep the peace by making political and financial deals is an abomination and corruption of all that is American?

Do you actually read what you are writing?

Sometimes you have to kill them (figuratively) with sugar to get to the Issues. Trump made no deals that I recall of (Financially lining his pockets).

ChinaBiden is making back handed deals for his personal benefit not for the people. Biden comes axross to the World as a Pussy..

Blkfyre

Quote from: Bande on Oct 26, 2022, 04:08 PMSometimes you have to kill them (figuratively) with sugar to get to the Issues. Trump made no deals that I recall of (Financially lining his pockets).

ChinaBiden is making back handed deals for his personal benefit not for the people. Biden comes axross to the World as a Pussy..

So, you say you don't know of any deals Trump made, forgetting of course that Trump MANDATED all government travel be at Trump properties, charging them exorbitant rates to do so https://www.usnews.com/news/national-news/articles/2022-10-17/trump-charged-secret-service-exorbitant-rates-to-stay-at-his-properties

Or requiring foreign dignitaries to do so:

https://time.com/donald-trumps-suite-of-power/
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/reps-22-foreign-governments-have-spent-money-trump-properties-n1015806

Next, you say Biden is lining his pockets. Could you link to the evidence of him doing so?

Lastly, you keep saying "ChinaBiden" and have said Biden is lining his pockets on China, but, you know, Trump did as well right? https://www.americanprogress.org/article/trumps-conflicts-interest-china/

Here is the danger of Trump's conflicts of interest for the United States. Prior to taking office, on December 2, 2016, Trump spoke with Taiwanese President Tsai Ing-wen on the phone in an extraordinary breach of decades of U.S. foreign policy and protocol regarding China and Taiwan. Shortly after the call, it emerged that the Trump Organization was reportedly exploring the expansion of its business into Taiwan, reports that the organization has denied. In a televised interview, the mayor of Taoyuan, Taiwan, said that he had met with a representative of the Trump Organization in September to discuss possible real estate projects, and at least one Trump employee was found to have posted that she was in Taiwan on a business trip at the time.

As summarized in an Atlantic article, "The president of the United States breached decades of international protocol created to preserve a precarious balance of power. That decision raised not only the possibility that Trump was blundering into a potential international incident but also that he may have done so in part out of consideration for his business prospects."

And then, lo and behold, China's approval of one of Trump's trademark applications became official—coincidentally only a few days after Trump reversed his previous position and endorsed the "one China" policy. This policy effectively recognizes the People's Republic of China as the legitimate government of the mainland territory while allowing the U.S. government to have unofficial relations with Taiwan, governed by the Republic of China. In March 2017, China granted preliminary approval for 38 additional Trump trademarks, applications for which had been submitted in April 2016. While there are conflicting views about whether the process and timing of Trump's recent trademark approvals are suspect, the reality of the matter is that in China, every administrative or judicial decision is a political one based on the government's preferences and priorities; courts in China are not independent, but rather they report directly to the CPC. Also of note here is the fact that foreign companies have historically struggled to get equal treatment under Chinese law, so decisions in favor of a foreign company are striking. It is hard to avoid the appearance that China was giving Trump the trademarks in exchange for a direct shift in policy. As another Atlantic article points out: "Each subsequent ruling in his favor will serve to remind Trump of the personal profits he could reap by improving his own personal relations with China, even if doing so leaves the American people worse off."

So, what does that make Trump?

dogwalker

She got traded for Viktor Bout the Russian arms dealer so she's home now.

Bande

W
Quote from: dogwalker on Dec 08, 2022, 11:32 AMShe got traded for Viktor Bout the Russian arms dealer so she's home now.
What a disgrace. A poor trade. A arms dealer for a screw ball. Paul Whelan should of been included with this or just he himself. Arms dealer made out like a bandit.
Arms dealer known as  merchant  of death.
Britney hates America.
Paul Whelan served America..
This was a poor trade...

bats

Quote from: Bande on Dec 08, 2022, 07:12 PMBritney hates America.

Because she had the temerity to exercise her freedom of speech in a way that didn't meet with your approval?

Blkfyre

Quote from: Bande on Dec 08, 2022, 07:12 PMWWhat a disgrace. A poor trade. A arms dealer for a screw ball. Paul Whelan should of been included with this or just he himself. Arms dealer made out like a bandit.
Britney hates America.
This was a poor trade...

Yup, he served America, and then was DISHONERABLY DISCHARGED: https://www.reuters.com/world/paul-whelan-ex-us-marine-jailed-russia-spying-charges-2022-12-08/

"Whelan served with the Marine Corps Reserve from 2003-2008, much of the time as an administrative clerk in Iraq. At the end of that period, he was dishonourably discharged for larceny and other lesser offences, after being found to have tried to steal $10,000."

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-60701050

"She's arguably the greatest female basketball player of all time"

Arrested for having a VAPE cartridge.

Please, explain how she is a screw ball and why you say she hates America, and why you think a dishonorably discharged THIEF should have been returned instead of her...

Danno

Trump freed 5,000 Taliban Terrorists. Feels like a good time to remind everybody of that.
Just tap me on the head if I overstay my welcome

HighStepper

Quote from: Danno on Dec 09, 2022, 08:56 AMTrump freed 5,000 Taliban Terrorists. Feels like a good time to remind everybody of that.

But, but, but, that was different. It was not one notorious evil man.
Too much sex is still not enough.

HighStepper

The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

How much publicity and how widespread is the letter writing and social media pushing for release.

Marc Fogel, a history teacher from Pittsburgh who taught the children of U.S. diplomats abroad, was detained in Moscow in August 2021. He had with him a small amount of medical marijuana prescribed by his doctor that he used for chronic back pain. In June, Fogel, 61, was sentenced to 14 years at a labor camp. The federal government has not designated Fogel as wrongfully detained. Most here never heard of him.

Britney Griner essentially the same offense as Mark Fogel. Yet, The U.S. government declared her as being "wrongfully detained" by the Russian government. Some resent Griner's National Anthem protests after the Breonna Taylor incident and the Black Lives Matter movement.

Paul Whelan served with the Marine Corps Reserve from 2003-2008, much of the time as an administrative clerk in Iraq. At the end of that period, he was dishonorably discharged for larceny and other lesser offences, after being found to have tried to steal $10,000.

Trevor Reed, 30-year-old US Marine, sentenced to 9 years in prison after he got drunk and allegedly grabbed the arm of an officer as he was being taken to a station, causing the vehicle to swerve and endangering the lives of officers. A prisoner exchange with Russia that saw President Joe Biden commute the sentence of Konstantin Yaroshenko, a convicted Russian drug trafficker.

Negotiations often come down to who is will to walk away from a deal. The Russians were willing to walk away from Viktor Bout being released. So, that is how it came down to a one prisoner for one prisoner, take it or leave it.

Blkfyre

Quote from: Bande on Dec 08, 2022, 07:12 PMWWhat a disgrace. A poor trade. A arms dealer for a screw ball. Paul Whelan should of been included with this or just he himself. Arms dealer made out like a bandit.
Britney hates America.
This was a poor trade...

Hmm. It appears conservatives have a short memory https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/paul-whelan-viktor-bout-trump-prisoner-swap-b2242240.html

"Former National Security Adviser John Bolton has revealed that Donald Trump turned down the chance to secure Paul Whelan's release two years ago – despite the former president claiming to be outraged over the Biden administration's deal which freed Brittney Griner but left the US marine in Russian custody.

Mr Bolton, who was the national security adviser under Mr Trump for 17 months from 2018 to 2019, told CBS that the Trump administration had the opportunity to trade Mr Whelan for convicted arms dealer Viktor Bout in 2018.

Romanticlover

Politics aside, I'm glad Britney is coming home.
Viktor Bout will probably end up in a Russian prison or be sent to the front lines.
Are we having fun yet?

Bande

Many have Trump stuck up your ASS. This situation has nothing to do with TRUMP.
Far as I'm concerned it is a DISGRACE and not a good trade to trade a Arms dealer against Griner.
The way many of you talk against a person that served our Country with your issues you have no problem with a convicted druggie being traded.. You Need to look at yourselves and think what the hell you are saying.. They both apparently had issues and I still say the person that served OUR Country should of been traded before any DRUGGIE.. And yes, Federally it is still ILLEGAL..

Blkfyre you need to really look at yourself. I have blatantly stated I post shit to get at peoples goats, therefore I will be all over the board. Instigates discussions even though many out here are so jaded to see everything and stuck on their ways.
I vote for what is best for the people and not by what the party suggests unlike many. 

bats

Quote from: Bande on Dec 10, 2022, 07:37 PMI have blatantly stated I post shit to get at peoples goats, therefore I will be all over the board. Instigates discussions even though many out here are so jaded to see everything and stuck on their ways.
I vote for what is best for the people and not by what the party suggests unlike many. 
Who knew that the only person in the world who is completely free of bias is right here in our midst? What were the odds? It's as if Jesus Christ himself has graced us with his presence! 

HighStepper

Quote from: Bande on Dec 10, 2022, 07:37 PMThey both apparently had issues and I still say the person that served OUR Country should of been traded before any DRUGGIE..
Druggie implies a drug addict that uses drugs to the point that their life is unmanageable. Britney Griner doesn't fit the profile.

Being dishonorably discharged for stealing money doesn't get you a "thank you for your service."

Like I said before  The squeaky wheel gets the grease

Comparing circumstances and situation should Marc Fogel been traded before Griner?

dogwalker

Yes.  We need teachers more than basketball players.