Jan 6th continued

Started by Bande, Jul 14, 2022, 08:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bande

Hobby

The Fucker Tucker saga continues...

HighStepper

WARNING: The courts and Fox News lawyers have stated that given Mr. Carlson's reputation, no reasonable viewer will take as factual the statements Tucker Carlson makes.

The Epps story from a different source:
Former Marine and ex-Donald Trump supporter Ray Epps told his story about how his life got completely upended after conservatives made him the center of numerous January 6 conspiracy theories.

For months, Trump, Fox News host Tucker Carlson, and other right-wing figures have pushed the unsubstantiated claim that federal agents secretly incited Trump's supporters into storming the U.S. Capitol. The conspiracy theory shields Trump from blame for the riot.

Epps has been dragged into the conspiracy theory on numerous occasions by those claiming (without tangible evidence) he was a covert fed who embedded himself in the Capitol mob and incited Trump's supporters in order to legally entrap them. Link

Too much sex is still not enough.

dogwalker

"The courts and Fox News lawyers have stated that given Mr. Carlson's reputation, no reasonable viewer will take as factual the statements Tucker Carlson makes."

That seems odd to me.  Then why is he on TV as a "journalist"? 
Or is he more like Jerry Springer and the like?
The network is called Fox NEWS.  Is it news or one man's BULLSHIT?

bligslick

Lest we not forget media sources are for profit. HS, your source, which I always appreciate, was behind a paywall. So, if you have access, quote the key portion and remember, if you're not in the "side" of the source, one source is just that. Like 1 review of a girl...  Is it from her pimp? That certainly maybe biased. If it's from a source that is always leaning one direction, like always giving 10/10 (sorry Counsel) the people arguing the opposite position are guaranteed to not believe the source. I'm saddened by the vast divide that exists, but I don't see the two sides agreeing on much. Unless maybe we get involved in WWIII. Then, maybe we'll remember our common ground.

Personally, I think this forum, as it did on GLH only filled the site with arguing. So, if activity is all we're after, great! But if we're trying to keep some community, then, the most active forum should probably not be a divisive forum that has nothing to do with the intent of keeping what's left of the community together.. maybe that's just a dream GoUSC and I once had. Build the position side of the community by keeping positive.  I still have many of my best friends in this area (916) from this community.  I'll miss it when it's gone but I'll still have some lifetime friends.

dogwalker

Along the same lines I am super confused about what the purpose of this site is.....seriously.
Actually I'm probably not.  I think I get it.  It's just confusing.  Split personality.  Should be 2 separate sites.
One for those that like politics and one for those that like pussy.  I'd be firmly in the latter.

Activity?   umm ever notice how no women have ever participated in this forum?
Most I know would run the other way seeing this. 
And since this forum is part of the site.....and since nearly all new posts every day are in this forum.....

bligslick

Quote from: dogwalker on Jul 15, 2022, 12:15 AMAlong the same lines I am super confused about what the purpose of this site is.....seriously.
Actually I'm probably not.  I think I get it.  It's just confusing.  Split personality.  Should be 2 separate sites.
One for those that like politics and one for those that like pussy.  I'd be firmly in the latter.

Activity?  umm ever notice how no women have ever participated in this forum?
Most I know would run the other way seeing this. 
And since this forum is part of the site.....and since nearly all new posts every day are in this forum.....

I've always thought that, by default, forums such as this would be hidden unless opted in. By allowing this forum to be most of the posts of this forum, kills community.  Girls, I'd they check in at all, see politics be the focus... hence missing the point.

HighStepper

Quote from: bligslick on Jul 15, 2022, 12:03 AM.. HS, your source, which I always appreciate, was behind a paywall. So, if you have access, quote the key portion and remember, if you're not in the "side" of the source, one source is just that..... That certainly maybe biased.

Strange. I avoid sources that require a subscription. I had no problem opening and reading the article title. Ray Epps, Forced Into Hiding By Tucker Carlson's Jan. 6 Conspiracy Theories, Breaks Silence: 'All of This Has Just Been Hell' Google search listings

Your point about bias is well taken. I might look at various sources for that reason. I will often do a media bias check on a source. https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/msn-com/

HighStepper

The easy answer to the concern that the political forum not a good fit to a site with hobbyists and providers is to not visit the forum or post in it. If there is no demand it will wither away. However, obliviously there is a sustaining interest in the political forum.

As it stands now the general public can visit this forum and read the threads. Members can also read the forum anonymously by not signing in.

Members that sign in can set the political forum to ignore mode. When using the unread posts feature, new posts in an ignored board will still be shown. https://fantasysaloon.com/index.php?action=profile;area=ignoreboards;u=21
Of course this takes a deliberate act that some may not be that aware of. Such as women visitors that are not that familiar with navigating the site. Which seems to be the concern being expressed here. I suppose there could be thought given to a private members political forum. Not sure if that is a good answer.

lifes_good

The political forum dominates this site. I frequently check "unread posts" and there is rarely anything in any other forums.

The political forum is dominated by posts initiated by linking a single "news" source that self-proclaims that no reasonable viewer would take it as factual. To me this makes the political forum more like political satire than a discussion of politics.

Members that make on-topic posts tend to post in private forums, which is strongly discouraged by the site owner. The predictable result is few if any on-topic posts on the site.

When new members first explore the site, they are likely to think it is just another political satire site of little interest to them and not likely to be useful.

Romanticlover

Like it or not Fox News is #1 in cable news and Tucker Carlson's show is the most watched.

As for Ray Epps, it is odd that he hasn't been arrested and charged with sedition.
Are we having fun yet?

HighStepper

Quote from: Romanticlover on Jul 15, 2022, 10:04 AMLike it or not Fox News is #1 in cable news and Tucker Carlson's show is the most watched.

Fox News Tops May 2022 Cable News Ratings As 'The Five' Ranks No. 1 In Total Viewers
The network drew 2.27 million total viewers in primetime, up 4% from May, 2021. MSNBC averaged 1.02 million, down 32%,
while CNN averaged 660,000, down 28%. In the 25-54 demographic, Fox News topped with an average of 351,000 viewers,
compared to 150,000 for CNN and 105,000 for MSNBC. Link

Romanticlover

They sentenced a 69 year old cancer patient to Federal prison for trespassing on 1/6/21:

https://www.clayandbuck.com/despicable-69-year-old-cancer-patient-grandma-to-be-jailed-for-jan-6-trespassing/

Yet Ray Epps is a free man.
Are we having fun yet?

Blkfyre

Quote from: Romanticlover on Jul 15, 2022, 11:49 AMThey sentenced a 69 year old cancer patient to Federal prison for trespassing on 1/6/21:

https://www.clayandbuck.com/despicable-69-year-old-cancer-patient-grandma-to-be-jailed-for-jan-6-trespassing/

Yet Ray Epps is a free man.

This Ray Epps? https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-supporter-ray-epps-january-6-conspiracy-theory-ruined-life-2022-7

"A video of Epps taken on January 5 showed him telling other Trump supporters they needed to go into the Capitol the following day. Epps was never arrested, prompting right-wing internet sleuths to accuse him of being an undercover FBI agent or informant trying to stir up violence — despite videos that show Epps urging others to be peaceful and trying to deescalate confrontations between police and the rioters on January 6."
Beautiful Beautiful x 1 View List

Hobby

Is the US Capital posted no entry or only authorized personnel?  Is it illegal to enter the US Capital?  Who owns the Capital if it is not We the People?  How are we supposed to exercise our free speech against our government if we are no allowed into the Capital in the first place?