Forward Party

Started by dogwalker, Jul 28, 2022, 06:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dogwalker

Some politicians have launched a new political party they call the Forward Party:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forward_Party
I understand their frustrations with the dominant 2 party system in the US but most efforts to popularize a third one have failed. 
Forward Party seems to be a mix of former Republicans and Democrats.  Will they really have a unified platform?  It seems there are already other parties for those not happy with Republicans and Democrats so it's hard for me to see them being very successful.

dogwalker

There was a story on the radio about this.  They made some interesting points.   Among them was the Forward Party probably would never win many elections in the near term but what they could do, as some past third parties or candidates have done, is poison an election for a Repo or a Demo.  Get enough votes, when the margins are slim, that a mainstream candidate could lose.

HighStepper

You cannot view this attachment.

Link

It will be interesting to see how soon they can get a sufficient critical mass to become a viable party.

Too much sex is still not enough.

Hobby

Probably the Backward Party would not go over so well!

dogwalker

Should it have been called RAM SAM Forward by merging the individual names?

zoezane

Backwards Forwards No To Party.  Making up stuff fake stuff news stuff . . .

WHOCARES

I'm A Dirty Girl Online
I Cuz Like A Sailor

Tuscano

Typically both major parties appeal to their respective "dark" side to get a nominee. The nominee then quickly moves to the center to actually win. It would be interesting if the center were already occupied! That will take a lot of Russian and Chinese money to happen. LMAO.
Vorresti essere me

HighStepper

Too much sex is still not enough.