FBI Search Warrant Served at Mar-a-Lago

Started by bats, Aug 08, 2022, 04:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bats

Details to come, I'm sure. But the former president has issued a statement designed to mislead people, as usual, into believing that he's being persecuted. What a fucking evil psycho.

Here's a portion of his statement:

You cannot view this attachment.

Romanticlover

The FBI has never raided an ex-Presidents home, this is unprecedented.
The FBI has refused to comment to any media outlet.
Are we having fun yet?

Blkfyre

Quote from: Romanticlover on Aug 08, 2022, 04:31 PMThe FBI has never raided an ex-Presidents home, this is unprecedented.

You are right. No president, including Tricky Dick had done the things that Trump has done, causing this unprecedented action...

bats

Quote from: Romanticlover on Aug 08, 2022, 04:31 PMThe FBI has never raided an ex-Presidents home, this is unprecedented.
Exactly. Just imagine how bulletproof the search warrant had to have been in order for the FBI to go ahead with this. This wasn't done lightly.

Obviously the FBI isn't going to comment publicly. It's an ongoing investigation. Duh.

Romanticlover

Just because they raided his home with a search warrant doesn't mean they found any evidence.
That could be the reason why they haven't commented yet. Duh.
Are we having fun yet?

Romanticlover

This raid sets a dangerous precedent and I'm surprised a judge signed off on the search warrant.
If they didn't find any incriminating evidence then what, the FBI can't act like this didn't happen.
To be fair I would say the same thing if this was a Democrat President.
Are we having fun yet?

dogwalker

I don't care for his whiney, "poor old me", "I'm so persecuted" and always the victim attitude.  That's lame.  Usually there is pretty good evidence of some crime when such warrants are obtained and such raids are done, although in this case it sounds like it could be rather minor.  Taking some classified documents from the White House?  Maybe illegal but it's not murder.

Bande

Quote from: bats on Aug 08, 2022, 05:50 PMExactly. Just imagine how bulletproof the search warrant had to have been in order for the FBI to go ahead with this. This wasn't done lightly.

Obviously the FBI isn't going to comment publicly. It's an ongoing investigation. Duh.

A corrupt F.B.I. who make it a political adventure rather than a legal issue.
Aimed to put out in mass media to discredit the Greatest President we had in years. They continue a witch hunt and cry when they continue to lose.
Kinda weird many speak shit on a President who had some of the best numbers for this Country in years. Not bad for a businessman putting Politicians to SHIT..

Desantis 2024

Blkfyre

Quote from: Bande on Aug 08, 2022, 06:38 PMA corrupt F.B.I. who make it a political adventure rather than a legal issue.
Aimed to put out in mass media to discredit the Greatest President we had in years. They continue a witch hunt and cry when they continue to lose.
Kinda weird many speak shit on a President who had some of the best numbers for this Country in years. Not bad for a businessman putting Politicians to SHIT..

Desantis 2024

Ever notice...?

If I lose the election, it HAS to be a corrupt system..

If a bill passes that we don't like, it has to be a corrupt system...

If a law enforcement branch gets a judge to do something unprecedented, it has to be a corrupt system...

When will republicans finally admit that the corrupt part is their leadership?

bats

Quote from: Blkfyre on Aug 08, 2022, 06:59 PMEver notice...?

If I lose the election, it HAS to be a corrupt system..

If a bill passes that we don't like, it has to be a corrupt system...

If a law enforcement branch gets a judge to do something unprecedented, it has to be a corrupt system...

When will republicans finally admit that the corrupt part is their leadership?
The whole key to keeping the lies in play is having a lot of people believe the lies despite the absence of any evidence. Greatest con job in the history of the country.

Hobby

I agree that the FBI and DOJ would have to have some serious concerns to get a judge to sign off and raid a former president's residence.  Not even Hilary's residence was raided so to me Trump's crime must rank right up there with treason or something as serious for the DOJ and FBI to raid the home... They best find what they are looking for or there will be hell to pay for it... We will know soon enough...

Fishhunter

I think this is way too big for them not to find anything....
Pretty much guaranteed they'll find something even if they have to plant it!
They should be investigating the Clinton's house!!
Life is what you make it

bats

Quote from: Bande on Aug 08, 2022, 06:38 PMA corrupt F.B.I. who make it a political adventure rather than a legal issue.
A federal magistrate judge had to approve the warrant. The FBI director is a Republican appointed by Trump.

Trump is the loser who can't stop crying about it. 

bats

Quote from: Romanticlover on Aug 08, 2022, 06:11 PMThis raid sets a dangerous precedent and I'm surprised a judge signed off on the search warrant.
This is one of the right-wing talking points tonight.

Think about what it means. You're saying one guy can be above the law. Can't get much more un-American than that.

EDIT: It wasn't a raid. That's another inflammatory talking point designed just for you. It was a duly executed search warrant.

Blkfyre

Now this was an official post. WTF happened, did his brain blow on the word Russia or something???