FBI Search Warrant Served at Mar-a-Lago

Started by bats, Aug 08, 2022, 04:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bats

Quote from: Romanticlover on Aug 08, 2022, 06:04 PMJust because they raided his home with a search warrant doesn't mean they found any evidence.
That could be the reason why they haven't commented yet. Duh.
LOL. That's not how any of this works. They won't comment yet because they're still working on whatever case they think they have. In fact, they won't comment on the evidence until they announce an indictment.

Blkfyre

Quote from: Romanticlover on Aug 08, 2022, 06:11 PMThis raid sets a dangerous precedent and I'm surprised a judge signed off on the search warrant.
If they didn't find any incriminating evidence then what, the FBI can't act like this didn't happen.
To be fair I would say the same thing if this was a Democrat President.

Any search of a private residence would have to be approved by a judge, after the investigating law-enforcement agency demonstrated probable cause that a search was justified.

It almost certainly would also be approved by FBI Director Christopher Wray, a Trump appointee, and his boss, Attorney General Merrick Garland, who was appointed by Trump's successor and political rival, President Joe Biden.

Democratic supporters of Biden have criticized Garland for being overly cautious in investigating Trump over his attempts to overturn his 2020 election loss to Biden. A White House official said Biden was not given advance notice of the search and referred queries to the Justice Department.

"Make no mistake, the attorney general had to authorize this," said Phillip Halpern, a former federal prosecutor who specialized in public corruption cases, adding that Wray and a host of prosecutors would also be involved.

"This is as big a deal as you can have, and ... every single person in the chain would have had to sign off on this," Halpern said.

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/trump-says-fbi-agents-raided-his-florida-home-2022-08-08/

bligslick

Enjoy your lunacy of leftism. When credible evidence is presented, Trump's supporters, that includes me, will concede. If it's all this look over here business... who gives a shit!? CNN reports... fuck cnn. If Trump is as bad as the lefties say he is, convict him!  Until then, all I see is people wound up in emotional arguments citing their side's websites.  Let's see where this lands. I'll be in line to say I was a fool. IF, I can be convinced. If it's just emotional arguments? Please go BBBJCIM someone with similar thinking.  IF, I can be convinced that I was wrong all along, I have 300$ And my apology towards some lefties funds to get a HHR in these Biden economic times... if that day comes, feel free to setup a poll for which lefty I should donate my $300 towards. If subsequently it's found out to be BS, I'd expect at least one lefty to donate $300 towards the opposite. 

Key phrase.  Convince me. If you truly believe that I won't be objective, then you're already too far gone.

Romanticlover

If the FBI seized any classified documents then make it public and I will accept that Trump committed a crime.
If Trump didn't have any classified documents at his residence then the DOJ and the AG needs to apologize to Trump.

Are we having fun yet?

Blkfyre

Quote from: Romanticlover on Aug 09, 2022, 08:43 AMIf the FBI seized any classified documents then make it public and I will accept that Trump committed a crime.
If Trump didn't have any classified documents at his residence then the DOJ and the AG needs to apologize to Trump.

You say that like his taking classified documents wasn't a story months ago: https://www.cnn.com/2022/02/11/politics/trump-legal-risk-explainer/index.html

https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/08/politics/mar-a-lago-search-warrant-fbi-donald-trump/index.html

The National Archives, charged with collecting and sorting presidential material, has previously said at least 15 boxes of White House records were recovered from Trump's Mar-a-Lago resort -- including some that were classified.
In early June, a handful of investigators made a rare visit to the property seeking more information about potentially classified material from Trump's time in the White House that had been taken to Florida. The four investigators, including Jay Bratt, the chief of the counterintelligence and export control section at the Justice Department, sat down with two of Trump's attorneys, Bobb and Evan Corcoran, according to a source present for the meeting.
At the beginning of the meeting, Trump stopped by and greeted the investigators near a dining room. After he left, without answering any questions, the investigators asked the attorneys if they could see where Trump was storing the documents. The attorneys took the investigators to the basement room where the boxes of materials were being stored, and the investigators looked around the room before eventually leaving, according to the source.

A second source said that Trump came in to say hi and made small talk but left while the attorneys spoke with investigators. The source said some of the documents shown to investigators had top secret markings.
Five days later, on June 8, Trump's attorneys received a letter from investigators asking them to further secure the room where the documents were stored. Aides subsequently added a padlock to the room.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/lara-trump-incorrectly-claims-donald-trump-every-authority-documents-white-house-075113536.html

"The bottom line here is that these documents that have been in question have been — everybody's been cooperating," Lara Trump said. "Everybody from my father-in-law's team has been cooperating with the FBI, with any authority that asks for anything up until now."

Trump went on to incorrectly state that the former president had the authority to take the classified documents to his home. In doing so, he violated the Presidential Records Act, passed in response to the Nixon Watergate scandal.

"My father-in-law, as anybody knows who's been around him a lot, loves to save things like newspaper clippings, magazine clippings, photographs, documents that he had every authority, Will, to take from the White House," she said. "And again, he's been cooperating every single step of the way."

That he took documents has NEVER been in doubt...

Blkfyre

https://www.comicsands.com/marjorie-taylor-greene-fbi-trump-2657835416.html

Republicans have made support for law enforcement a hallmark of their platform for decades.

But since the rise of former Republican President Donald Trump, who described himself in 2016 as "the law and order candidate," zealous boosterism of the police state has become nothing short of a Republican obsession.

Until now, it seems.

Because after news dropped that the FBI forcibly searched Trump's Mar-a-Lago Florida estate yesterday, the Party that routinely smears Democrats and left-wing activists as violently anti-police seems to have completely lost their love for "law and order."

Leading the charge is far-right ideologue and Georgia Republican Representative Marjorie Taylor Greene, who took a page out of leftists' book and tweeted "Defund the FBI" in protest of law and order being imposed upon "the law and order candidate" himself.

Which, is confusing isn't it?

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Danno

he already turned over 15 boxes he stoled
Quote from: Romanticlover on Aug 09, 2022, 08:43 AMIf the FBI seized any classified documents then make it public and I will accept that Trump committed a crime.

Just tap me on the head if I overstay my welcome

Danno

evidence of which crime?
Quote from: bligslick on Aug 08, 2022, 11:32 PMEnjoy your lunacy of leftism. When credible evidence is presented, Trump's supporters, that includes me, will concede. If it's all this look over here business... who gives a shit!? CNN reports... fuck cnn. If Trump is as bad as the lefties say he is, convict him!  Until then, all I see is people wound up in emotional arguments citing their side's websites.  Let's see where this lands. I'll be in line to say I was a fool. IF, I can be convinced. If it's just emotional arguments? Please go BBBJCIM someone with similar thinking.  IF, I can be convinced that I was wrong all along, I have 300$ And my apology towards some lefties funds to get a HHR in these Biden economic times... if that day comes, feel free to setup a poll for which lefty I should donate my $300 towards. If subsequently it's found out to be BS, I'd expect at least one lefty to donate $300 towards the opposite. 

Key phrase.  Convince me. If you truly believe that I won't be objective, then you're already too far gone.
Just tap me on the head if I overstay my welcome

bats

Quote from: bligslick on Aug 08, 2022, 11:32 PMWhen credible evidence is presented, Trump's supporters, that includes me, will concede.
If the evidence presented at either impeachment trial didn't sway you, and if the evidence shown so far in the January 6 committee hearings hasn't convinced you, and if the phone call to Georgia's secretary of state didn't move the needle, then I'm guessing that nothing that is presented going forward will have any impact, either.

HighStepper

As discussed above https://fantasysaloon.com/index.php?msg=7803 the record retrieval has been an ongoing effort. Trump and his lawyers/staff basically say go get fucked when it comes to some of the records.  So, FBI gets a warrant to take physical custody of the records.

Trump was given a copy of the search warrant which outlines the documents and where they could search. Why doesn't Trump just give a copy to the media? Rhetorical question. He wants to play the martyr, motivate the MAGA base and FUNDRAISE.

We are a long way off to be talking about a CRIME. The extent of documents being sensitive classified is yet to be determined.
Too much sex is still not enough.

bats

Quote from: HighStepper on Aug 09, 2022, 07:52 PMTrump was given a copy of the search warrant which outlines the documents and where they could search. Why doesn't Trump just give a copy to the media? Rhetorical question. He wants to play the martyr, motivate the MAGA base and FUNDRAISE.

We are a long way off to be talking about a CRIME. The extent of documents being sensitive classified is yet to be determined.
Earlier in the thread someone whined that this was a politically motivated stunt, designed to smear Trump with bad publicity. Yet it was Trump who released a statement about the search warrant. The feds haven't said squat about it, and they won't until there's an indictment.

I don't agree that we're so far off from there being a crime. While it's true that indictments could be a ways off, in order to undertake this search the feds had to be virtually certain that evidence of a crime would be there. And considering that they were undoubtedly loath to do this at all if Trump had given them any choice in the matter, their intel must have been solid.

Romanticlover

Former Rep Tulsi Gabbard(D-HI) said the raid was a 'blatant abuse of power'.
https://www.foxnews.com/media/tulsi-gabbard-fbi-raid-mar-a-lago-blatant-abuse-power

I agree with her and she's a Democrat, not only is she a smart lady she's incredibly hot.
Are we having fun yet?

bats

Quote from: Romanticlover on Aug 09, 2022, 08:31 PMFormer Rep Tulsi Gabbard(D-HI) said the raid was a 'blatant abuse of power'.
https://www.foxnews.com/media/tulsi-gabbard-fbi-raid-mar-a-lago-blatant-abuse-power

I agree with her and she's a Democrat, not only is she a smart lady she's incredibly hot.
Well, that settles it! If Tulsi says it was an abuse of power, the game is over and we can all go home. lol

That she appears on Fox News to echo the right-wing message tells us everything we need to know about her. And we've known it for some time.

Romanticlover

Known what?
She's smart and has common sense.

The DNC gave her the boot when she wouldn't go along with the corrupt Democrat playbook.
Are we having fun yet?

Bande

Quote from: bats on Aug 08, 2022, 09:22 PMA federal magistrate judge had to approve the warrant. The FBI director is a Republican appointed by Trump.

Trump is the loser who can't stop crying about it.

Funny thing is you do not acknowledge the Demoncrats have been CRYING for the last 6 years and still making lies and fake media reports due to being scared of Trump.
One should clear their Biases and compare the economy From now and the last administration. Well, Hurt feelings people do not give a shit the economy has tanked over this administration,
Across the board legal analysis has stated this invasion is Politically motivated and appalling. Abuse of POWER by the DEMONCRATS.